Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Sap Tanker - Best Race?

SneaK
SneaK
✭✭✭✭✭
Best race for a PvP sap tank?

(Lizard?)
"IMO"
Aldmeri Dominion
Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
(+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Infrapuna
    Infrapuna
    ✭✭✭
    Goblin.
    "Sometimes I wish I was a goat" - @PureEnvelope35

Master Troll and 24 man solo zerg, as claimed by DC zone chat.
    (Retired) Tryhard Small Scaler

160 Magicka Sorcerrer Infrapuna EP
    160 Stamina Dragonknight The Very Great Infra DC
    160 Magicka Necromancer Infrapuna the Second DC

Proper pleb.

Infrapuna
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infrapuna wrote: »
    Goblin.

Sell me a goblin bite? 20K?
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm rolling Altmer...not bad...wish I was a lizard man though
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonians are great but Bretons have strong passives that aid in sap tanking.

For example the 4k spell resist means that you don't have to wear spell mitigation armour to get close to the cap. It allows you to run a set like 4 piece allesias bullwark and a 5 piece damage set like julianos or kagrenacs. 33 000 mit is the cap but if you get to 30 000 buffed you are doing just fine. Every 650 mit is 1% reduction.

The 3% reduced magic cost is great paired with the CP since the cheaper we get our swallow souls the more times we can spam it to proc Siphoning attacks. My light attack siphon return is more than the cost of swallow soul. So if Im LA weaving soul its basically free to cast.

10% more magic allows you to not only have a larger pool but increass your damage and your shields. More damage means stronger heals.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Duke wrote: »
    Argonians are great but Bretons have strong passives that aid in sap tanking.

For example the 4k spell resist means that you don't have to wear spell mitigation armour to get close to the cap. It allows you to run a set like 4 piece allesias bullwark and a 5 piece damage set like julianos or kagrenacs. 33 000 mit is the cap but if you get to 30 000 buffed you are doing just fine. Every 650 mit is 1% reduction.

The 3% reduced magic cost is great paired with the CP since the cheaper we get our swallow souls the more times we can spam it to proc Siphoning attacks. My light attack siphon return is more than the cost of swallow soul. So if Im LA weaving soul its basically free to cast.

10% more magic allows you to not only have a larger pool but increass your damage and your shields. More damage means stronger heals.

Thanks for the info.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine's an imperial. 10% stam and 12% health is something that can't be had from cp. Almost everything else can.

Nord and dark elf wouldn't be bad either. I like max stats on tanks personally.

Argonian, high elf and breton would work too and provide more sustain. But you have Siphoning... Already great sustain.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian if only for the poison resistance. The extra healing probably works out the same as an extra 10% magicka.
    PC EU
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian if only for the poison resistance. The extra healing probably works out the same as an extra 10% magicka.

But white bretons can't swim xD
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plz... tell me, what gear set is best 4 a Magblade tank?
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No race, a sap tank is probably the most useless build you can bring to PvP. If you want to play a tank, Dk and Sorc provide way more utility.
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    No race, a sap tank is probably the most useless build you can bring to PvP. If you want to play a tank, Dk and Sorc provide way more utility.

Thats not necessarily true. While I agree that DKs are stronger in general, a sap tank can still provide strong damage while mitigating incoming as well.

I used to tank hords of Reds in IC arena using bolstering darkness and proxy/sapping the mobs down. My job was never to straight up kill like a bomb blade but to distract and provide some damage while my team took down the Reds.

Bolstering darkness is a 60% damage mitigation Ult. Its the strongest if its kind in the game and lasts 15 plus seconds. Viel of blades is also amazing.

Couple this with restoring path, rapid regen, sap essence, the healing form of the 1H and shield reflect and harness magicka and you are as tanky as it gets. Sap is block castable, is a group heal and porcs siphon attacks.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4