The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need input on what to use besides Maelstrom

kidwgm
kidwgm
✭✭✭
So basically I'm running Alcasts Venom Build (5 pc TBS and 5 pc VO.) I have everything for the best in slot (pre One Tamriel) except Maelstrom weapons. I'm really bad at understanding %'s and etc. I typically find a build, try it out and if I like it I will run with it. As I'm not ready to run VMA I need an alternate setup. I was looking into Leki's Axe, Dagger, Bow or just keeping Night Mothers axe, dagger and bow until I can get Maelstrom.
DPS StamDK CP506 X1 NA GT Kid Whimsical
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So long as its sharpened and gold you can probably use any weapons until you get sharpened Maelstrom ones (and good luck with that...:). For Bow or 2H the set doesn't matter as its only a 1 piece. For DW you can use any set that has a decent 2 piece bonus like Night Mother's or Leki's (any difference between the two is going to be really small).
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • kidwgm
    kidwgm
    ✭✭✭
    So long as its sharpened and gold you can probably use any weapons until you get sharpened Maelstrom ones (and good luck with that...:). For Bow or 2H the set doesn't matter as its only a 1 piece. For DW you can use any set that has a decent 2 piece bonus like Night Mother's or Leki's (any difference between the two is going to be really small).

Okay thank you. I have gold Night Mothers that I'm using now. I will use that until I finally get around to VMA. But as a stam DK I hear it's one of the hardest classes to get through it.
  • Devve777
    Devve777
    ✭✭
    kidwgm wrote: »

Okay thank you. I have gold Night Mothers that I'm using now. I will use that until I finally get around to VMA. But as a stam DK I hear it's one of the hardest classes to get through it.

Stam speccs in general tend to be harder to get through Vma. If you have another character though that you feel you could complete the content with easier, all the gear is tradeable within your account.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you´re using that build it should be some options. Alcast almost always post other options on what to use besides maelstrom weapons.
  • kidwgm
    kidwgm
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    If you´re using that build it should be some options. Alcast almost always post other options on what to use besides maelstrom weapons.

Yeah. His website was down for a few days. Its back up now.