The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grinding Fighter's Guild and CP at same time

OldGamerESO
OldGamerESO
✭✭✭
I have a newly minted stam sorc level 50, cp 300. He has a super low fighter's guild rank (3 I think). I am not a fan of grinding, but if I am going to run in circles killing undead and deadra maybe I can also grind some CP. So I was thinking of using a purple cp 150 training set + ambrosia + eso and do some grinding and raise both my CP and FG.

Can anyone suggest a good general location?
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am DaggerFall Covenant BTW
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial City Sewers. There is a great grinding route for DC where you can grind XP, Gold and Zombies.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try the dolmens in one of the EP areas. They should be gold, and thus scaled to CP160 already and provide max XP which translates to FG reputation as well since they are daedra. Dolment completion rewards a fixed amount of reputation too. You can rotate between the dolmens in the same area or even different areas since they have respawn time of ~10 minutes. After One Tamriel hits everything will scale, so you can do this in any area.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Jeckll : I have heard the Imperial City Sewers before is a great place. How often do you get killed by PvP? Since it is a popular place I would assume it would also be prime hunting for people looking for easy Telvar stones from PvE geared (+training instead of +impen) grinders.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Jeckll : I have heard the Imperial City Sewers before is a great place. How often do you get killed by PvP? Since it is a popular place I would assume it would also be prime hunting for people looking for easy Telvar stones from PvE geared (+training instead of +impen) grinders.

Go to a campaign that is heavily populated by your faction. I'm not saying you won't get ganked, but it'll be less likely.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wrothgar public dungeons have undead .
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1 on IC Sewers. Or even the districts for more Tel Var gain if controlled by your faction. Go into a server that is well populated by your faction, and less populated by others.

While grinding Daedra you will get XP, FG XP, CP, Gold, Items to sell or decon for mats, and Tel Var.

You can wear training gear to maximize XP gain.

Since the change you will only lose 50% Tel Var on death.

Sure you will get ganked occasionally, but you just need to have the right mindset. You are there to grind and Tel Var is just an added byproduct. Not the main focus, so don't get upset when you lose half. If you die, bank whatever you have, and go back at it.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Wrothgar public dungeons have undead .

Do they? If the do it's not enough to level your FG at a reasonable rate. Mostly humanoids and animals in Old Orsinium and the other is mostly dwemer.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I recently farmed 300 CP with my wife down there and as @Darksta suggested, if you choose the right campaign, its pretty quite. You will get a ganker from time to time but those guys are usually not the supreme PvP Players as they wouldnt be searching for cheap kills in low population campaigns if they were - so your chances are pretty good to kill them anyways.

I do have my bars PvP focused while I'm down there, though. The mobs are really easy to kill nowadays so you dont need much extra aoe damage to grind them efficiently.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • Lexifer452
    Lexifer452
    ✭✭
    I just recently leveled my alt's Fighter's guild from rank 7 to 10 in Sanguine's Demesne. My alt is an AD Sorc so Sanguine's was at level cp100 or 120 can't remember. Lots and Lots of all-Daedra mobs that actually respawn rather quickly. Took me like 3 hour or so for 3 levels. Admittedly I got lucky and there was pretty much no one else inside to mess up my rhythm or respawn rates but still if its at the right level (ie. low enough to be super easy to aoe kill mobs and high enough to still give you some xp) Sanguine's Demesne is great for FG grinding. Not so much for cp but I wasn't concerned with that. I really wanted Dawnbreaker asap.

I found out that only kills that give you xp count for Fighter's Guild. Doesn't matter how much xp but as long as you get some it will count as one reputation point towards fg rank. Uesp has the exact number of kills you need to get from rank 1 to 10 and the amount for each rank themselves, but the total is something like 6000 daedra/undead kills to rank 10.
  • Lexifer452
    Lexifer452
    ✭✭
    BTW, Sanguine's Demesne is a public dungeon that is in Ebonheart territory. Shadowfen, relatively close to Stormhold Wayshrine.

For those interested who didn't know.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest place is the Village of the Lost in Coldhabour; you'd get decent XP due to all the training gear, and the mobs will each give you like 10-15 points towards Fighters Guild.
    Edited by Mic1007 on September 26, 2016 12:29PM
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lipsand Tarn in Cyrodiil. It's close to Rayles (DC keep) and hardly ever populated by enemy factions. If it is, they are just grinders anyway, which I'm sure will be no problem for a stam sorc ;)
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial city sewers, dolman clears, if you can solo dungeons City of Ash regular, or any solo delve that has ghosts/undead/daedra. And don't waste the ruby materials: the amount of bonus xp doesn't change based on mat level, but rather quality. A voidsteel sword or rubedite sword training both give the same percent boost, to put it another way.

Also; enjoy your new storc!
    Edited by DocFrost72 on September 26, 2016 12:45PM
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    All great replies and great information. I love how many options there are!

Thanks everyone!
  • Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Lipsand Tarn in Cyrodiil. It's close to Rayles (DC keep) and hardly ever populated by enemy factions. If it is, they are just grinders anyway, which I'm sure will be no problem for a stam sorc ;)

This is the besy alternative for the sewers. Sewers all day since they're 160cp and lipsand is 140cp. As stated above choose a server for your faction.

Xbox NA is Scourge for relatively lax experience and Haderus if you don't mind a PvP battle every now and again.
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.
  • schroed360
    schroed360
    ✭✭✭
    +1 on IC Sewers. Or even the districts for more Tel Var gain if controlled by your faction. Go into a server that is well populated by your faction, and less populated by others.

While grinding Daedra you will get XP, FG XP, CP, Gold, Items to sell or decon for mats, and Tel Var.

You can wear training gear to maximize XP gain.

Since the change you will only lose 50% Tel Var on death.

Sure you will get ganked occasionally, but you just need to have the right mindset. You are there to grind and Tel Var is just an added byproduct. Not the main focus, so don't get upset when you lose half. If you die, bank whatever you have, and go back at it.

Totally this. Plus as a stam character you ll need vigor and calltrops and you might end winning some fight from time ti time.