The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Prophet on the Starter Islands

Enodoc
Enodoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Back in beta, the Prophet used to appear for the first Harborage quest while you were somewhere on the Starter Islands. At launch, when they did away with starting on the Starter Islands, the Prophet no longer appeared there, even if you were there at the appropriate level.

Now that we start on the Starter Islands again, does the Prophet appear there again too? Or do you still need to be on the mainland? I think it would be better for new players, who are likely to still be on the Starter Islands at Level 5, if the Prophet was once again able to appear there. He only appears in safe settlements, so the appropriate locations for him to appear would be the main settlement on each island:
  • Port Hunding (Stros M'Kai)
  • Stonetooth Fortress (Betnikh)
  • Mistral (Khenarthi's Roost)
  • Bleakrock Village (pre-attack only?) (Bleakrock Isle)
  • Dhalmora (Bal Foyen)
UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Now that we start on the Starter Islands again, does the Prophet appear there again too? Or do you still need to be on the mainland?
    He only appeared at Vulkhel Guard when I re-rolled one of my builds recently. No sight of him on Khenarthi's Roost before that, and I left the starter island when I was level 7 I think.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I recall him only first appearing once I get to Daggerfall, Vulkhel Guard or Stonefalls. I have had some Alts be level 5 or 6 on leaving Wailing Prison due to a little grinding there in training gear. (Probably not the most efficient way to level). I took advantage of the utility of owning the banker assistant so I could smuggle all manner of stuff to my brand new characters. It is still a bit of a novelty watching people running around in soul shriven rags while my alt is in pristine crafted gear.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade