Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP ETIQUETTE

andreasranasen
andreasranasen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
As an active PvP Player, these are some things i think of on a daily basis.

1. Don't duel between keep. You are just distracting players traveling between the keeps when their focus should be defending or pushing.

2. Don't duel around keeps that are flagged. Cyrodiil is one enormous map, there's plenty of room. (See #1).

3. Your Alliance would prefer if someone high level and fast picked up the scroll.

4. Don't use others siege and start sieging at random stuff that makes 0 sense. Buy your own and do whatever you want with them!
Angry-Meme-02_zpsgsw0ry3t.jpg

5. Don't push enemy into their home-base. Keep map interesting for all parties. Give Alliances a chance to push back.

6. If you have siege, use them, be useful.

7. 1 person can run 1-3 sieges. No need for the whole group to run 1 siege each. Scout, defend, be useful.

8. Don't just stand in the breach at a flagged keep waiting for a miracle to happen while the opposing alliance pour hot oil on top. You will most likely die.

9. Try placing forward camps as close as possible to your flagged keep.

10. Let the less fortunate low levels use wells. If you're high level, you should have your own food by now.

11. DON'T CHASE
enhanced-buzz-19902-1326681430-3_zpsaihij4pr.jpg

12. Don't spread out (See #11). Did you miss every horror movie ever created? Stay together, don't spread out.

13. Don't get upset when you get killed and go all Twitter fingers like it's a Meek Mill vs The Game fight. No need to send evil messages to person who killed you.
62264414_zpss0ywa3s1.jpg

14. Don't expect Templars to keep you alive, that's your own job.

Do you have any PvP Etiquettes? ;)

Edited by andreasranasen on September 27, 2016 11:53PM
#VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
  • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
  • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're farming mobs in Cracked Wood Cave and someone comes in and kills you, don't act surprised. It's a well known farming spot, which in turn makes it a well known ganking spot. Even if I'm not there specifically to gank you I might just want my turn to farm a bit and the easiest way to do that is remove the competition.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're not sieging. Use some siege rep kits on those who are. Siege shields and heals are always appreciated.

Please stop running all the way up to the enemy keep wall where all of the counter siege fire and defenders spamming snipe are. That's where the bad players go to die horrible deaths, usually all by their lonesome.
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think your safe when you're inside a keep, buff up at all times unless you want to get ganked...
    Edited by BruhItsOver9000 on September 28, 2016 12:06AM
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont stand in front of a colapsed wall buffing yourself when people next to you are repairing .... fix the god damn wall!!
    your high level doesnt mean no repairing
    oh yes and rez everyone in your alliance when possible not just your group
    also the time you take to complain about someone in your alliance or team you could be doing something usefull :|
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't Teabag 1 guy if you are with a zerg
    Always block, those NBs WILL get you if you are standing around

Edited by JamieAubrey on September 28, 2016 12:38AM
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    If you're not sieging. Use some siege rep kits on those who are. Siege shields and heals are always appreciated.

Please stop running all the way up to the enemy keep wall where all of the counter siege fire and defenders spamming snipe are. That's where the bad players go to die horrible deaths, usually all by their lonesome.

Totally agree!
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light attacking an enemy player for five minutes who refuses to engage you makes you an ***.
    Teabagging members of your own alliance makes you an ***.
    Ganking somebody who is fishing makes you an ***.
    ALL RED CAPS in zone chat make you an ***.

The best etiquette for PVP is just to ask yourself, does this action make me an ***?
    If the answer is yes, don't do it.
    signing off
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umm, hmm. Most are covered but I think I have one that gets me upset.

When you die and aren't planning to get up right away if someone rezzes you please spawn somewhere else upon death so that I don't waste time trying to get you up. I can only rez one person at a time and if you lay there pending the person I rez next cannot reanimate because of you. :angry:
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an active PvP Player, these are some things i think of on a daily basis.
    14. Don't expect Templars to keep you alive, that's your own job.

guilty as charged - i remember the first time I started being able to recognize the different classes and figured out what rune focus was...yeah, that guy next to you clinging to your leg - that's me...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SupremeTravie
    SupremeTravie
    ✭✭
    Lol this is the internet you think the trolls are going to abide by your " PvP etiquette " ?
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seratopia wrote: »

When you die and aren't planning to get up right away if someone rezzes you please spawn somewhere else upon death so that I don't waste time trying to get you up. I can only rez one person at a time and if you lay there pending the person I rez next cannot reanimate because of you. :angry:

Omg.. every day xD so funny

Lol this is the internet you think the trolls are going to abide by your " PvP etiquette " ?

Most likely not.. lol. Just a fun thread of annoying stuff that happens in PvP on a daily basis :)
    Edited by andreasranasen on September 28, 2016 2:21AM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pleased to hear that Cyrodil belongs to you and you set the rules!
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Pleased to hear that Cyrodil belongs to you and you set the rules!
    It does! Now bow before me
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso pvp is dead for me.. the times I get to play I login only to see yellow, blue or red painted maps.. the rest of the campaigns beside like two are completly void of any action and the action on those two servers is so *** lagged out I usually just get off eso.

It's a bummer because I use to enjoy pvp but, it's been forgotten about for to long. Oh well..
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etiquettes? In PvP? HAHAHA!
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a zerg is chasing you down and you see 1 friendly player in stealth don't run toward them. He/she wont be able to save you, you will only succeed in getting them killed as well.
    Seratopia wrote: »

Also this. Get your lazy butt up!

DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What forums section is this?
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    The one rule of PVP is if you are in a war Zone then expect to die whether you are fishing or picking your nose. Otherwise turn your computer off and go and cry to mummy ;)

Unless someone is in a guild and is therefore following guild rules, whatever that may be, then you have no control over them and without a method to enforce ettiquete or any other behaviour it is pointless 'setting the rules'. You will be better off banging your head against a brick wall!.

Edited by Garwulf on September 28, 2016 5:51AM
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some people on here have no sense of humor .. -_-

At least u get me @Seratopia lol
    Edited by andreasranasen on September 28, 2016 5:55AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop attacking the front door of Alessia. Unless of course, I'm on the defending side, then by all means keep running up hill into the siege.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try to leave everyone alone but I will always try to say thank you for the Rez :smiley:
  • Lucius_Aelius
    Lucius_Aelius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with most of that (and lots of that isn't really etiquette so much as good sense for people who like winning), certainly with dueling being released there's no reason for people to be dueling in a campaign at all so a change I would make to that is with the new update, save your dueling for outside of Cyrodiil, it will have no place there moving forward.

And as it is if I ever come across two people fighting as I fight the Alliance War I don't assume duel, I assume they met on the field randomly and I help my teammate. If you need to duel before the update go somewhere no one will find you, if you do it near the action on a path between keeps of opposing Alliances you deserve to get interrupted.
    Edited by Lucius_Aelius on September 28, 2016 6:15AM
    Daggerfall Covenant - Scourge (Xbox NA) - GT: Lucius Aelius - Lord - 648CP
    Lucius Aelius Aurelius - 50 Imperial Dragonknight - Centurion - Stam Tank
    Lucius Aelius Valerius - 50 Imperial Templar - Lieutenant - Mag Heal/DPS
    Lucius Aelius Regulus - 50 Imperial Nightblade - First Sergeant - Stam DPS
    Lucius Aelius Augustus - 50 Imperial Sorcerer - Corporal - Mag DPS
    Wags-His-Tail - 20 Argonian Sorcerer - Recruit - TBD
    Holds-The-Line - 40 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Carries-Extra-Gear - 4 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Guildmaster - Wardens of the Covenant
    Group Leader - xpThe Guildxp
    Trader - Secret Sauce
    Trader - Elite Dungeoneers
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teabag everyone you can, ESPECIALLY if you are not the person who killed them. This produces some amazing rage whispers.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kildayen wrote: »
    Teabag everyone you can, ESPECIALLY if you are not the person who killed them. This produces some amazing rage whispers.

So funny!
    I agree with most of that (and lots of that isn't really etiquette so much as good sense for people who like winning), certainly with dueling being released there's no reason for people to be dueling in a campaign at all so a change I would make to that is with the new update, save your dueling for outside of Cyrodiil, it will have no place there moving forward.

And as it is if I ever come across two people fighting as I fight the Alliance War I don't assume duel, I assume they met on the field randomly and I help my teammate. If you need to duel before the update go somewhere no one will find you, if you do it near the action on a path between keeps of opposing Alliances you deserve to get interrupted.

Could not agree more :smile:

I try to leave everyone alone but I will always try to say thank you for the Rez :smiley:

That's total PvP Etiquette :)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No ! No tea bagging !

You should never exploit the squat to sneak mechanics .
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If someone does that to me, they will go on my hitlist, you don't want to go on my hitlist...
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If someone does that to me, they will go on my hitlist, you don't want to go on my hitlist...

What faction are you? I'd love to see what this hitlist is all about ;)
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes! Come play In Chillerend. Let the tbagging begin lmao
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My PvP etiquette involves stuff like:

If someone is at a skyshard, let them get the skyshard before attacking them.

Similarly, if I find someone turning in a quest somewhere I will wait until they are out of dialogue.

I'd rather fight someone in a fair fight than if they are in a skyshard animation or in dialogue with an NPC.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol you guys are bad .