The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

alternate monster options for kena

xX_NachtJager_xx
xX_NachtJager_xx
✭✭✭
I have a ton of monster sets, but the only one I am not able to get my hands on is the Kena helm. and every time I join a group to run white gold I get booted bc im not 531, and even my guilds won't run it with a non 531 player (im 380). so Im not a complete scrub lol, so Im giving up on it, and just hoping they have it for sale in Cyrodiil soon. but back to my original point, what are some other DPS options for monster helms? TIA

back to the rant, how are people supposed to get good at the game/learn mechanics if they keep getting booted from groups for not being 531?
CP460 Magsorc, Stamblade, Templar Healer, DK Tank. AKA the drunken nord
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kena is overrated, nierenth or valkyn.plus you get a bit of health.
    Edited by Mojmir on September 26, 2016 12:44AM
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use velidreth or skoria myself, velidreth is good because it has a similar one piece bonus (adds 126 weapon damage)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can do it with 380 cp fine. No reason to boot you. It's a mechanics dungeons. Doesn't matter how many cp you have if you know what to do.
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, who kicks someone at that level? I did vWGT at cp160... And it was a pug. To be fair though, we had to skip the gold challenge eventually, but I got the light divines on the first try!
    Edited by Bryanonymous on September 26, 2016 8:13AM
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm cp531 and I cant do it, but thats just because I am terrible. CP is a terrible indicator of skill
  • xX_NachtJager_xx
    xX_NachtJager_xx
    ✭✭✭
    Well thanks guys, that makes me feel better, and yeah I'm rocking the Skoria set atm
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First of all I don't agree that kena is overrated and that skoria or nerien'eth are better. It all depends on your playstyle - if you want to proc overkill with light attacks often, or if you are an overload-based sorc, kena is still the best option for DPS. I prefer a reliable source of DPS provided by kena than a skoria-like proc based on a chance. However, after One Tamriel the combination of 1pc of kena and 1pc of another set (granting max magicka/stamina, penetration, crit etc.) seems to be a good option too.

Secondly, if your guild doesn't want to run vWGT with you cause you're not at CP cap, just leave that guild. Immediately. You can complete it smoothly in a group of 200+ players provided that everybody follows the mechanics. You don't need a massive DPS for that particular dungeon. You also don't need a healer being a templar and a tank being a DK to get it done easily.

If you are on PC/EU, let me know and we can do it together.
  • xX_NachtJager_xx
    xX_NachtJager_xx
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on ps4 NA. But thanks anyway man
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never use 2 pce kena, only the one piece. I find 2 pce difficult to keep up as resources get depleted quickly
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)