The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ebonheart Pact: Topgrain Hide best place to farm this?

Prof_Bawbag
Prof_Bawbag
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The reason for asking is, the game has seemed to have skipped by this. I was getting both calcinium and Kresh fiber once i began silver, but the wolves on both the starting islands for the DC faction dropped iron hide. I didn't notice this until now when i went to up my clothing to level 6 for the writs. It's still at level 5 as I won't be able to do writs if i increase my tailoring to 6. I'm now in Glenumbra and it's only the above resources showing up along with ironhide from the imps, crabs etc. The gear I'm finding is ironhide too.

I'm a hoarder and having played this game on a different system before, I've been breaking down everything I've found to level my crafting skills, so I'm not a noob to the crafting side of things. Pretty sure i had this issue back on the xbox too.
Edited by Prof_Bawbag on September 26, 2016 9:18PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are your CP10 Mobs? Those are what drop Topgrain now. Or should drop it.

I remember swimming in Topgrain back when I was a Vet 1, but we also had 3 zones that dropped it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nowhere by the looks of it. Due to how fast my CP levels increased (insanely fast), I was +CP40 by time i began silver and venturing back to the 2 silver starting islands, all enemies are/were CP40. I actually levelled waaaaaay too fast once i hit level 50. I'm assuming the starting islands levelled as far as they could to my current level? Going back to cold harbour, the enemies are still between 45-50 (non-CP), so no dice there either.

On a side note, I've not even made any gear due to how fast I've levelled through CP's. My gear would be redundant in no time. I'm currently around level CP70. Any idea when levelling slows down?
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on September 26, 2016 10:03PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea when levelling slows down?

The Champion System has a Catch Up Mechanic in that the first few points don't take too much Exp to earn, but the top end ones take a lot more. There is even a spreadsheet out there that shows the exact numbers per rank.

In any event, you are on the thick end of the curve right now, probably in the 32K Exp Points per Champ Point range (it goes up a few hundred each rank) where I am at the 780,000 Exp points per Champ Rank at 631. So, basically, your earning the Champ Points hand over fist right now.

Your right in that your leveling super fast right now, and will continue to do so for the next 100 points or so. Making gear for this time is almost not worth it as you will out level it so quickly. I made a CP10 and a CP70 set and used those until I could make CP150/160 gear. Note, this was back when each and every Champ Point cost 400,000 Exp Points. If I had to do this all over again on a new character, I would probably just make a nice Purple set of CP10/40 gear and keep that until CP160. After you reach CP160, your gear capped, so earning more points do not mean you need to make new gear.

Also, once you get there, just know that CP150 Purple armor is good enough as the jump to CP160 Purple/Gold is quite small. However, CP160 Weapons are well worth the extra mats (10 times what you need for CP150) and using the Gold Tempers to Improve. Once One Tamriel hits, top end mat prices are going to the basement so making CP160 gear will be much cheaper.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much taking the time out to write that. Very much appreciated. Will probably just level my crafting skills up 2 notches now I've missed CP10 medium armour sources. Don't wear medium armour, just needed the mats for crafting. Again, though, thank you very much.