The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Healing on a Stamina DK

Paradox187
Paradox187
Soul Shriven
I am finding my Stam based DK is having some issues with self-healing.
Currently I am only lvl10 so its early days. I am using Duel Wield and building 2hander also race is a Dunmer.

Any advice?
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't have issues healing once you get him up a bit.

You'll get to the point where you can use the Igneous Shield (which grants +25% healing), with Vigor and Rally to shoot your health up to full, which works well in PVP and overland PVE.

For dungeons and raids, you shouldn't take 2-handed because you give up dps compared to bow, and you have a healer, and Vigor will suffice.

Also, as a DK, you have access to Corrosive Armor, which provides a significant reduction in damage, so when you get that...

Just push through it; DKs have a tough time sustaining early in the game.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One option you have is to take the Bloodthirst (Flurry) and Blood Craze (Twin Slashes) morphs for self-healing. It will make a huge difference for you during the leveling process, and both of those morphs are solid options for a vMA build, once the character is leveled-up and ready for it.
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    On your two hander you'll want to morph momentum into rally, and keep it up (im not sure if you're talking pvp or pve). But also resolving vigor is an awesome heal over time. Dont use dragons blood. The skill is bad.

Also an option is igneous shields on your back bar, because you can cast that, and because of passives it: restores stamina, builds 3 ultimate, and increases healing on you by a largr percent. Also, due to passives, it gives you minor brutality which is very hard to get, and not many other earthen heart abilities are used that often anyway.

As an example, on my pvp build, if Im in trouble, I cast igneous until I have some stamina to work with, then cast a couple heals (rally and vigor) then lay down the beatings from full hp.

Just realized i said everything that @Totalitarian just said :disappointed:

Oh well hope it helped.
    Edited by Swainburg on September 24, 2016 1:06PM
    Live for the pact... die for the pact.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Stam Sorc DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    You'll need to use stamina based heals as stated above. To use all the flame heal abilities, you'll need to be magicka based as all the flame abilities scale off your magicka. I'm 301 and have 30k in magicka as a tank and my flame lash heals for 12k in 2 seconds. Burning Embers heals me for 6k. Deep Breath is another good heal. All magicka based. Stam is what the guys above said... Vigor is pretty much tops right now.
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.