Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What race should I pick for an immoral vampire?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to create a character specifically to do all the stuff my other characters won't do. Not an evil character exactly, but one who will do things like the Dark Brotherhood questline, murder achievements, pickpocketing, trespassing, picking the obviously "wrong" or just overly mean options in quests and so on. And I want to make them a vampire too just because none of my characters have done that either and I assume it's more convenient for a character who's willing to kill randoms anyway.

What I can't decide on is what race they should be. Partially this is a lore thing, I know different races have different ideas about morals to begin with and members of all races can be evil but I'm having a hard time choosing one I could imagine doing everything on that list. But it's also a practical consideration. I'd like to be able to focus entirely on the bits of the game I want them to do, not spend a lot of time levelling up and collecting skill points so someone who can jump straight into things like the DB quest would be useful. (I'm also open to class suggestions or class/race combinations since I haven't settled on one yet.)

(Edit: Oh and BTW all races are options for me. I have the Imperial Edition and Any Race, Any Alliance, not that the Alliance matters, especially with One Tamriel coming.)
Edited by Danikat on September 26, 2016 7:48PM
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire Breton Nightblade would be a pretty evil vampire.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on September 26, 2016 8:39PM
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajihts are best thieves lore wise, as for murdurers any race can work, but wood elf can be sneaky murderers and dark elves are best vampires since they have fire resist
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked an Altmer sorcerer as my amoral vampire. Not exactly immoral, mind you, just a character who puts his quest for personal power above everything else, and will do whatever it takes, moral or not, to attain ultimate power. The sorcerer part (summoning daedric creatures) was the first part of his lust for power at all costs, and becoming a vampire later on just made sense.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer or Dunmer would be an interesting choice, I've not got one of them yet.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Paradox187
    Paradox187
    Soul Shriven
    Danikat wrote: »
    Bosmer or Dunmer would be an interesting choice, I've not got one of them yet.

Bosmer eat humans so that is not so large a jump.
    Edited by Paradox187 on September 26, 2016 9:09PM
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm raising an "immoral" character now. Already have a stamina bosmer sorcerer so decided on a magicka nb argonian named Black of Soul. I figured the Hist had some stray "rogue" thoughts at his creation that tainted him a bit. Since he's not quite connected to everything his life has turned to a pursuit of personal power even if it involves theft, murder etc. He DOES do good deeds, but for his own reasons, or the rare occasions he is "moved" to do so. (much like a Rastlin Majere attitude lol). Not sure if I want to vamp him yet though. My luck his scales would go from black to horrible ash.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say make it a nightblade and go from there. Pick the race you like, any of them can be a good nightblade, they just effect the style you want to go with. The best at picking pockets will be Khajiit for instance.
    Lumenn wrote: »
    I'm raising an "immoral" character now. Already have a stamina bosmer sorcerer so decided on a magicka nb argonian named Black of Soul. I figured the Hist had some stray "rogue" thoughts at his creation that tainted him a bit. Since he's not quite connected to everything his life has turned to a pursuit of personal power even if it involves theft, murder etc. He DOES do good deeds, but for his own reasons, or the rare occasions he is "moved" to do so. (much like a Rastlin Majere attitude lol). Not sure if I want to vamp him yet though. My luck his scales would go from black to horrible ash.

My Argonian Nightblade is one of my favorites, and it sickens me how his scales are chalk white and he had such an awesome green crocodile skin before he became a vampire. I really only use vampire for the stealth speed though.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say make it a nightblade and go from there. Pick the race you like, any of them can be a good nightblade, they just effect the style you want to go with. The best at picking pockets will be Khajiit for instance.
    Lumenn wrote: »

My Argonian Nightblade is one of my favorites, and it sickens me how his scales are chalk white and he had such an awesome green crocodile skin before he became a vampire. I really only use vampire for the stealth speed though.

Having fun so far. I don't know if it's the cp(only have 170), my bosmer being a crafter, or the difference between stamina/magicka(or a combination of all?) But it's awesome. Stealth is the only thing making me consider it(you'd think a nightblade would be better overall(speed/detection range) on that. but w/o bosmer traits and med armor.../shrug)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the ideas everyone. :)

I already have a khajiit templar, breton templar, argonian nightblade and an imperial dragonknight. I do want to make a sorcerer at some point, but I think I want them to be a different character.

Like a few other people I liked the idea of an argonian vampire but got put off by the white scales (the one I have is dark blue/green). That's something I'll have to bear in mind with whatever race I do choose, I don't want to make them look really cool and then have it all messed up when they become a vampire.

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything in the Ebonheart Pact will do.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is related to anything crime-centered with stealth added, Khajiit are your best bet.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer, Khajiit, or if you want a more skyrim vampire (Volikhar?) Thene, go nord.