The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Black Rose on a PvP Magplar?

Papa_Hunt
Papa_Hunt
✭✭✭
I’ve heard that some magicka builds are running around in heavy Black Rose in PvP? What other gear would you pair that with to sustain some semblance of damage?
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 Willpower, 2 skoria, 2 torugs?
  • Papa_Hunt
    Papa_Hunt
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! Any other ideas?
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't get this one, all Black Rose does is give you more sustain if you're a magica character. There are other sets you can wear in heavy that will make you just as survivable but will contribute a lot more to your main damage resource either by buffing spell damage, increasing max magica, , crit chance and often even giving you some recovery to go along with them.
  • Vrathak
    Vrathak
    ✭✭✭
    yeah people are bit blind to what Black rose really gives. It only provides 260 stam/maigcka regen. The heavy armor perc provides the rest.

with Black rose the passive simply gies you 520 more restore every 4 seconds... it's not that awesome, considering the fact you NEED to take a hit for it to happen. No out of combat regen whatsoever.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would NEVER wear black rose on my magplar :blush:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vrathak wrote: »
    ... it's not that awesome, considering the fact you NEED to take a hit for it to happen.

Templar players are used to getting hit from all sides, also from the dev-side.. So, imo Templars benefit most from Blackrose, ironically :(

We got incompetent lead-designers with oh-so GREAT class concepts, which we see, when he talks about the "Templar house".
    What a joke... I still ask Templar players for "Templar house please"! I even ask them for "Templar camper pls!"

The list of "hits vs. Templars" is longer and nurfs where done much more completely and absolutely than against any other class, like the removal of Blinding Flashes, like what they did to Blazing Shield, etc.. And, of course, Templars are so OP...

Edited by Francescolg on September 26, 2016 8:21PM
  • Papa_Hunt
    Papa_Hunt
    ✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »
    I really don't get this one, all Black Rose does is give you more sustain if you're a magica character. There are other sets you can wear in heavy that will make you just as survivable but will contribute a lot more to your main damage resource either by buffing spell damage, increasing max magica, , crit chance and often even giving you some recovery to go along with them.

Thanks for taking the time. So, for those that don't believe BR would be good, what are your recommendations for heavy armor gear while maintaining decent damage? For PvP...
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah people are bit blind to what Black rose really gives. It only provides 260 stam/maigcka regen. The heavy armor perc provides the rest.

with Black rose the passive simply gies you 520 more restore every 4 seconds... it's not that awesome, considering the fact you NEED to take a hit for it to happen. No out of combat regen whatsoever.

I keep seeing people say that it only gives a benefit in combat. Is there anyone who cares that it doesn't out of combat? I personally wouldn't use Black Rose on a mag build, except for maybe the 2 stamina boosts for CC breaks. The 5 piece is good, but not overwhelmingly good. It's a good stam set in heavy and impen, nothing game-breakingly more.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, better wear heavy seducer, reactive armor or Bastion of the Heartland.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be a frustration to people. Wear 5 kag, 5 favallas and 2 malubeth.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had affliction and fasellas guile on my magplar for awhile - but, I use a destro staff a bunch, and prefer to keep that character at range - ended up taking off fasellas guile and switching to dreugh king slayer...

dreugh king has jewelry and it's fairly easy to find and afford at guild stores...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 28, 2016 3:00AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For magicka users Kagrenacs Hope > Black Rose.

For stamina users Black Rose > Most other heavy armor sets.

Is black rose still good for either? It's decent. Not what I'd use though.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    I had affliction and fasellas guile on my magplar for awhile - but, I use a destro staff a bunch, and prefer to keep that character at range - ended up taking off fasellas guile and switching to dreugh king slayer...

dreugh king has jewelry and it's fairly easy to find and afford at guild stores...

Please tell me more about your build im curious of the benefits dreugh king provides your magica templar.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 heavy seducer or kags, and immov pots.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dredlord ...I play him mostly at distance, 1 bar 2H (poison glyph), jabs, rune focus, ww ultimate...the other bar is lightening staff (poison glyph), entropy, javelin, nova ultimate...both bars repentance, lingering ritual, radiant oppression...purple regen drinks (don't wanna run out of ammo in a fight :) )...I love the proc % for affliction (+ it just sounds cool)...fairly durable character that can still do a little damage...

when my stamplar vets up - I'll put him in fasellas and black rose, w/ SnB leki's...he likes fighting up close...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 1, 2016 3:02AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭
    Templars are slow and usually don't go invisible. Black Rose synergizes well with templar IMHO. I do not use it on my magplar, but I can certainly see the logic behind it. You can be a breten magplar and buff reduce mag cost so much that your resource management its quite tolerable. A high Elf caster would work well with black rose also!

My hesitation with this setup is that I have a hard time imagining sweeps would not drain your resources so darn quickly... If anyone could provide feedback as to how you deal with resource management, I'd love to hear input!
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 heavy seducer or kags, and immov pots.

^
    PC EU
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    ... it's not that awesome, considering the fact you NEED to take a hit for it to happen.

The list of "hits vs. Templars" is longer and nurfs where done much more completely and absolutely than against any other class, like the removal of Blinding Flashes, like what they did to Blazing Shield, etc.. And, of course, Templars are so OP...

Let me introduce you to my sad, pathetic friend: magicka DK.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Let me introduce you to my sad, pathetic friend: magicka DK.
    Thankfully there's always the saddest of them all: The Magicka Nightblade.