Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

vMSA Stage 6 question

NinthPrince64
NinthPrince64
✭✭✭
I am slowly making my way through vMSA. About to start trying Stage 6. Here is my question. Given that it is important to kill the horvars next to the webbed totems (particularly in last round), does it make sense to NOT use caltrops as they could result in killing horvar away from totem? It seems to me that would be the case, but maybe I'm overlooking something?
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do all 4 it stuns the boss (and all mobs) then it starts over.. currently learning this one myself.. stuck on last boss.. I have also noticed that sometimes with 2 totems unwebbed, neither of them will be gold when the spiders come.. I am using caltraps so that could be my problem with that.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's ideal to kill the hoarvers on the totems, but if you happen to kill one not by a totem you can throw it at the totem. If you get next to the dead hoarver you will get a synergy and when activated you can throw it at a totem to get rid of the web. You can also use the dead hoarver as weapon and damage enemies with it by activating the synergy.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to figure out why I don't have a gold one when the spiders come, might be a spider was putting a Web on one or something.
  • Lexifer452
    Lexifer452
    ✭✭
    From what I understand the glowing totem spawns are totally random, spawning only at any totem cleared of webbing. Just luck and RNG I'm afraid. Though if this is the case, the more totems you have unwebbed would increase the chance to have one of them glowing at any given time.

I'm actually about to start back in on vMA myself, where I left off last time incidentally, on stage 6 as well so I'm about to find out.
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally wouldn't use caltrops anyway. Stamina cost is too high imo and there often are better abilities to slot.
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't even have to worry too much about the mechanic if your dps is good.

I've done VMA 8 times and only stunned the last boss once I think.
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    I would be careful with caltrops on this round. It's very easy to kill the hoarvers without realizing it and then missing the chance to uncover a totem. Because of that, I don't find the skill to be worth the amount of dps it provides during this round. For that reason, I'd recommend slotting a movespeed buff instead if you can.