Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why hasnt Shuffle been nerfed yet?

Paneross
Paneross
✭✭✭✭✭
It's so broken you could swear they were animation cancelling roll dodges.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shuffle and roll dodges are two different mechanics:
    - evasion base skills as well as morphs shuffle and elude both grant the major evasion - 20% chance to dodge the next attack. The same buff is granted by the NB class skill blur, with morphs mirage and double take and the hist bark craftable set while you block. I see no problem with either the skills or the set.
    - roll dodging gives you 100% chance of dodging the next attack for a number of seconds. Here I tend to agree the duration of the effect needs to be decreased a bit or simply receive a cool down of X seconds after someone dodges so the 2nd and 3rd dodge in short sequence don't grant it.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    - evasion base skills as well as morphs shuffle and elude both grant the major evasion - 20% chance to dodge the next attack. The same buff is granted by the NB class skill blur, with morphs mirage and double take and the hist bark craftable set while you block. I see no problem with either the skills or the set.
    - roll dodging gives you 100% chance of dodging the next attack for a number of seconds. Here I tend to agree the duration of the effect needs to be decreased a bit or simply receive a cool down of X seconds after someone dodges so the 2nd and 3rd dodge in short sequence don't grant it.

I think he knows all of this, but he's getting at how often shuffle dodges attacks
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From my own experience it's working about 1 out of 5 times as it's supposed to. It's pretty effective. Didn't run it at first but now I replaced WB on my 2H bar with Shuffle; wasn't using it anyway as I'm mostly ranged and use 2H only for gap closing and execute. Roll dodging seems really broken though. I see people spamming it and it's indeed pretty frustrating. Try doing it myself but run out of stamina pretty quick. My regeneration is around 1.6K with Orsinium food but I don't run well fitted on my gear. They probably do. And if you press block at some point it actually cancels part of the animation.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's never going to be nerfed.... Ever. As a primary magic player. More pew pew less qq.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paneross wrote: »
    It's so broken you could swear they were animation cancelling roll dodges.

I see what you did there.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

I think he knows all of this, but he's getting at how often shuffle dodges attacks

Lol thanks for pointing that out.
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should only last as long as Annulment.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should only last as long as Annulment.

That's a good change.
    And have same cost as the HA skill.

Or rework it so that it only applies additional dmg, and let dodge chance exist in sets or actual dodge rolling. You can scale The dmg down to compensate?

Probably easier to just reduce the timer, increase the cost and make some skills undodgable.
    Edited by Minno on September 23, 2016 7:47PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dodges_zpsldk3jdal.png

The combat in this game is beyond the definition of broken.
    Edited by Armitas on September 23, 2016 8:18PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Dodges_zpsldk3jdal.png

There is, but he's not doing his job...
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted, wrong thread
    Edited by CapuchinSeven on September 23, 2016 11:42PM
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dodges_zpsldk3jdal.png

On the PTS 90% of the duals i went up against used shuffle. Light, medium and heavy users are just relying on it too much, and yes i see a massive amount of attacks being dodged.

Your log pretty much sums it up.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • CylindricalBox
    CylindricalBox
    ✭✭✭
    Roll dodge and Major Evasion are actually quite similar. When you activate a roll dodge, you gain immunity to all dodgeable attacks for a short period of time. The exact number is not easy or even possible to derive, but suffice it to say the immunity lasts about one second. Correspondingly, when you dodge an attack with an Evasion buff, you continue to dodge attacks which can be dodged for a short period of time. This functions exactly like roll dodge, only for a much shorter duration.
    evasion base skills as well as morphs shuffle and elude both grant the major evasion - 20% chance to dodge the next attack.
    Actually, Major Evasion is not just a 20% chance to dodge the next attack, it is a 20% chance to dodge all (dodgeable) attacks for a very short amount of time. This is what makes the buff so powerful – too powerful, perhaps. This is why attacks seem to miss all at once on a target with Shuffle.

Skills which have multiple hits in a short period of time or in an instant are the most apt illustration of this mechanic. Namely, Biting Jabs, Force Shock, or any sort of light attack, instant skill, bash combination are all keen to be dodged by Major Evasion because a dodge of one hit means a dodge to any and all subsequent hits shortly afterwards.

And just an aside while I'm writing about Shuffle, there is no such thing as a "Shuffle stack." The term probably originates from an old bug with Evasion's duration, which could be refreshed, or "stacked," indefinitely. This bug had no effect on the Major Evasion buff other than its duration, and it has since been fixed.
    Box a.k.a. Ferdowsi (PC NA)
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If hasn't been nerfed because the devs playing use it extensively and play exclusively stamina builds.
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodges_zpsldk3jdal.png

Lol and they say RD is broken.
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    Dodges_zpsldk3jdal.png

this is obviously a l2p issue, you seem to only do about 2 attacks per second. you need to use macros and get good at about 5-6 per second like all the best players

but seriously, it's broken af just like half of the skills/gear/literally anything Zos does seems to be broken as soon as it comes out
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    The future is combat 100% based on RNG.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    If hasn't been nerfed because the devs playing use it extensively and play exclusively stamina builds.

I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous mentality.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer the question: Because it doesn´t need to be nerfed. End of discussion
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Actually yes it does. The fact that there's even a random dodge chance in the game is ridiculous. But even then 20% is too high and you have it doing even more than that. there are people saying they've gotten the "random" dodge chance 5 times in a row, or that it's dodging well over 1 in 5 attacks. Zos needs to look at their code and make sure it's actually 20% or more preferably just take it down to 5-10%
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

It's over preforming big time. you really notice it when you play a destro build though. I think shuffle is fine on stamblade and even stamsorc. But on stamplar and stam dk shuffle is just too much, the dodge chance needs to go. You have a very small window to burst down a stam dk or stamplar, I can't afford to have an attack miss. I think getting rid of the dodge chance on shuffle would be a step in the right direction regarding balance
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cut shuffle to six seconds already.

Why? Because you need to make a choice whether to go defensive or offensive.

• Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tested shuffle on a person on PS4 named Junebuggy who people say cheats. He's a good players and out of 100 light attacks I hit him 11 times. The tooltip says 20% but when it was tested it was lower. I needed to hit him 10000 to get a good test in.

Needless to say dodge roll and shuffle are very strong. Remember good players almost always dodge roll when they are executable and heal. If anything increase the cost of dodge roll and increase the dodge roll spammers cost that's the real problem.

https://youtu.be/5jwlHlO9hgo
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be an acceptable nerf. Make the duration the same as all the wards and shields.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I aggree to

That would be an acceptable nerf. Make the duration the same as all the wards and shields.

Annulment, which is the LA skill, last for 6s as well. So reducing the duration of shuffle to that will make it more consistent, forcing people to cast it more intelligently.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I aggree to

Annulment, which is the LA skill, last for 6s as well. So reducing the duration of shuffle to that will make it more consistent, forcing people to cast it more intelligently.

It would be make players better too, forcing them to adapt how they play and maybe do some offense.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly this will be ignored, because any nerf to stam will never ever happen with ZOS developers.

Why is this @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly this will be ignored, because any nerf to stam will never ever happen with ZOS developers.

Why is this @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

This is a very sad reality.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh damn, I rmember that words while MDK was to op since start game until this nerf, while 1 dk was able to tank and wipe zerg etc.

so we know on which build zeni switched after MDK nerf :D
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Dodges_zpsldk3jdal.png

Holy jesus that "RNG," or is that due to dodge rolls?
    Edited by Glory on September 26, 2016 4:10PM
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock