The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

An an ESO+ subber, do I get DLC for nothing?

Wolfhammer
Wolfhammer
✭✭✭
Just read on another site that Eso+ peeps get DLC included, is this correct?

Is this why I'm coming across thieves stashes and unlocked a Legermain (sp?) skill line?

I'm lvl 32 now but havent really seen much evidence of all the DLC packs but I'm running around Shadowfen at the moment...
Wolfhammer - Templar serving the Alith guild on EU
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep, all 5, as long as you are subscribing.

If you cancel you still retain anything you earnt (such as items) while in the dlc areas but you cant access the dlc quests/areas anymore.

The dlc gets unlocked by meeting certain NPCs who trigger an initial quest. Don't want to say too much as that's half the fun
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're basically renting the DLCs while you have ESO+. It's a great way to test them all out, and if you really enjoy one in particular, then you can purchase it, so if you're sub lapses it will still be on your account. I did this with IC. I spent a lot of time in there so I figured I may's well just buy it.
    Having said that, it's hard to let go of your ESO+ once you have it because of the crafting bag and easy dye options at the dye stations for your costumes and armor.
    It's just so worth it to sub these days if you play on a regular basis.
  • Wolfhammer
    Wolfhammer
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    You're basically renting the DLCs while you have ESO+. It's a great way to test them all out, and if you really enjoy one in particular, then you can purchase it, so if you're sub lapses it will still be on your account. I did this with IC. I spent a lot of time in there so I figured I may's well just buy it.
    Having said that, it's hard to let go of your ESO+ once you have it because of the crafting bag and easy dye options at the dye stations for your costumes and armor.

Thanks - And I'm a bit of snob and refuse to play any game with a sub option without it lol

Great then - I will keep me eye out for DLC starters... There's a sub surface fence/thieves kind of thing in Mournhold which I'm pretty certain had a quest to pick up... Oh and some woman keep chasing me about with a quest to go to Orsinium.. Summat to do with Wrothgar..
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolfhammer wrote: »

Thanks - And I'm a bit of snob and refuse to play any game with a sub option without it lol

Great then - I will keep me eye out for DLC starters... There's a sub surface fence/thieves kind of thing in Mournhold which I'm pretty certain had a quest to pick up... Oh and some woman keep chasing me about with a quest to go to Orsinium.. Summat to do with Wrothgar..

yes the orc woman 'do you know *** wlong ive been looking for you' is the wrothgar one but hold off that, its quite high level.

In the underground hide out you start the thieves guild. The young elf girl, 'ok I'll find someone else then'.

Don't know about the others but dungeons unlock straight away on your map
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you have an active ESO+ membership all DLC will be accessible
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be two quest markers when you go into an outlaws refuge (the thieves area thing)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like what has been said above:
    • Stuga in Davon's Watch will follow you around talking about how long she's been looking for you - she starts the Orsinium quest line.
    • Quen in the Outlaws Refuges (those sub-surface places with the fences) - she starts the Thieves Guild quest line.
    • Amelie Crowe, also in the Outlaws Refuges - she starts the Dark Brotherhood quest line.

Also, there's two extra dungeons in Shadowfen you can access: Cradle of Shadows and Ruins of Mazzatun.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Wolfhammer
    Wolfhammer
    ✭✭✭
    Suter1972 wrote: »

yes the orc woman 'do you know *** wlong ive been looking for you' is the wrothgar one but hold off that, its quite high level.

In the underground hide out you start the thieves guild. The young elf girl, 'ok I'll find someone else then'.

Would a 32 Templar be ok in there??
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suter1972 wrote: »

Would a 32 Templar be ok in there??
    Yeah, you'll be fine. Just don't try to take on the world bosses in Wrothgar solo (they're meant for groups - typically a group of 8-12), and you may want a hand in the 2 public dungeons as well. Or you may be OK in them solo. There's also one quest boss who can be difficult for certain builds (particularly if you don't have self-heals or ranged attacks), so you might have to switch up your normal play style a bit for that fight (or you may not), but it should still be totally doable for you.

I don't recommend Wrothgar for players below about level 15, but it can be done by characters fresh out of the Coldharbour tutorial. It's way better to get your feet wet on the starter islands and other parts of the base game first, but it can be done at low levels. And at level 32 you should be more than experienced enough to go there.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)