The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Limited Kagouti & Infernal Sep Adder Available in the Crown Store (All Platforms)

ZOS_KaiSchober
Vicious new offers have arrived in the Crown Store. The Kagouti mount and Infernal Sep Adder pet are now available in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time, starting today (September 22nd) through September 26th at 10AM EDT. Look for both in the “Featured” section of the in-game Crown Store!

Kagouti
86496986bce413ef3e8824f7b59dbace.jpg?_ga=1.199553966.1610688445.1470041210
Do you want them to remember the mount you rode in on? Domesticating the savage Kagouti to serve as a mount is a recent endeavor, and to be frank, more than a little experimental. Do you have what it takes to stay in the saddle on one of these fierce, bipedal reptiles?
The Kagouti mount costs 2,500 crowns and is available on all platforms for a limited time, from September 22 to September 26.

Infernal Sep Adder
1a12e0b800daf82f3b8761e7db8ade99.jpg?_ga=1.232715039.1610688445.1470041210
Though it may look like it just crawled from the depths of the Deadlands, the Infernal Sep Adder is actually native to the higher altitudes of Hammerfell. As pets, they are … not exactly affectionate. Great conversation starters, though. Wear heavy gauntlets when handling.
The Infernal Sep Adder pet costs 1,000 crowns and is available on all platforms for a limited time, from September 22 to September 26.

Are you turning (or taking) heads with these savage new additions to the Crown Store? Post picture of your character here, or share them with us on Twitter or Instagram.

Kai Schober
Senior Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch
Staff Post
  • jeremiah911
    jeremiah911
    ✭✭✭
    No I will not be turning any heads as I will not purchase these. I would love to purchase these items and have the crowns for it, but I will not purchase anything Crown Store related until changes are made or comments are acknowledged to the Crown Crates on PTS.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I grabbed them before they end up in a stupid gamble crate.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, the Infernal Sep Adder doesn't have a default nickname, is this intended? @ZOS_KaiSchober

2eq6TVA.png
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on September 24, 2016 4:14PM
    PC/EU DC
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope,prices keep going up and crates are coming. Boycott is in place.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer this one that was datamined :

[quote="Ch4mpTW;3323122"Black 1 was also data-mined too!
    gp_crwn_mounts_blackkagouti_1x1.jpg/quote]

But I'm afraid it will be a Crown Crate Exclusive. Well, if it is that's just too bad, I won't be getting it, no Kagouti for me.

As I stated here ^

But also I am not spending 2500 crowns on a "regular" mount.
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on September 23, 2016 9:18AM
    PC/EU DC
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea, i don't want to spen 2500 on a mount. my limit is 1500.
    And the adder was a lil pricey too, but i did want a birthday gift to my self (birthday 22 september) so i bought that one.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • TheSpin
    TheSpin
    ✭✭✭
    I like the general look of the mount, but I can't bring myself to buy a 2-legged mount/animal. It makes no sense. Bipedal is fine (walking on hind legs) but removing the front limbs completely is just nonsense. I realize these creatures are already in the world,so it's not like it was invented just for this crown store offering, but I just disagree with the idea of a 2 legged animal (unless it's a bird with 2 legs and wings). If it had some t-rex type arms I woulda bought it.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

2500 has been the standard price for limited time mounts since the first ones to hit the store.
    1000 for a pet is pricey, but this is not the first pet to be priced at 1000 - the white and black bear cubs, released December 2015 and last February respectively, were also priced at 1000 Crowns.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

2500 has been the standard price for limited time mounts since the first ones to hit the store.
    1000 for a pet is pricey, but this is not the first pet to be priced at 1000 - the white and black bear cubs, released December 2015 and last February respectively, were also priced at 1000 Crowns.

2500 crowns is the usual for limited time mounts, but they are also reskins of existing mounts. This Kagouti mount is not a reskin of a Guar, it's it's own species and therefore shouldn't have even been limited time. There is a reskin coming for the Kagouti which should be the usual 2500, but since the "regular" one is 2500, the reskin will probably be 3000 crowns.

Just for reference, the Tessellated Guar is 1300 crowns.
    PC/EU DC
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

2500 crowns is the usual for limited time mounts, but they are also reskins of existing mounts. This Kagouti mount is not a reskin of a Guar, it's it's own species and therefore shouldn't have even been limited time. There is a reskin coming for the Kagouti which should be the usual 2500, but since the "regular" one is 2500, the reskin will probably be 3000 crowns.

Just for reference, the Tessellated Guar is 1300 crowns.

The Tessellated Guar wasn't a limited time offer. The white guar was a reskin, was limited and was 2500, like the Kagouti.

The Kagouti is a reskin of the Guar, for programming purposes.
    The Kagouti uses the same animations as the Guar, it is not an entirely new mount even though it is a little more than a new paint job on an old mount.
    It is still a new skin over the same skeleton. AND it is limited. The fact that it costs the same that the limited ones that are much simpler doesn't really scream "the prices keep going up". Quite the opposite, actually.

I imagine the other Kagouti is going in the Crown Crates, not in the store. But if it comes to the store as a limited offer, since it has no added effects, it should cost 2500 too.

If this wasn't a limited time mount, you could argue that it should cost 1300 Crowns, but that's not the case. The price of the Kagouti is in line with the price of past limited mounts.
    Edited by Abeille on September 25, 2016 1:33PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • That Darn Argonian
    I *LOVE* the Kagouti, when I first saw them ingame I knew one day I would tame such a beast!

Now, I have her and I love her ZOS-given name "Touti Frutti"!

Now, I smile whenever I'm riding her around Tamriel as every so often I realise I'm staring at...

Touti Frutti Kagouti Booty!

• folken09
    folken09
    any change the Kagouti be available again in the future?

• Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    folken09 wrote: »
    any change the Kagouti be available again in the future?

Possibly in the dreaded Crown Crates.
    PC/EU DC
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we please have the kagouti back for people who missed it?