Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do people hate tanks in PVP

• Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    If your having trouble with the bubble trouble builds the best thing to do is ignore. they rely on you to deal damage and look mighty confused when there just ignored.

This is totally viable when they don't Guard some RD spammer or Saptank or a Talons/Encase spammer pal. In those cases, ignoring them can wipe full groups.
    Sorry my most memrable encounters with them were small scale fights.I have never seen one using guard but would imagine it to be very usefull if pared with an allied rd spammer(that crit damage morph) I have not had much experiance fighting them as everyone (smallscale stuff 2-5 peaple) ignores them and focus on the others.but yeah I dont have much ava experience cause I suck at this game :neutral: . By the way whats a sap tank? I thought that was some pve tank build.....
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your having trouble with the bubble trouble builds the best thing to do is ignore. they rely on you to deal damage and look mighty confused when there just ignored.

This is totally viable when they don't Guard some RD spammer or Saptank or a Talons/Encase spammer pal. In those cases, ignoring them can wipe full groups.
    Sorry my most memrable encounters with them were small scale fights.I have never seen one using guard but would imagine it to be very usefull if pared with an allied rd spammer(that crit damage morph) I have not had much experiance fighting them as everyone (smallscale stuff 2-5 peaple) ignores them and focus on the others.but yeah I dont have much ava experience cause I suck at this game :neutral: . By the way whats a sap tank? I thought that was some pve tank build.....

Sap Tanks are offensive NBtanks that have very good damage and self-healing. Generally, the more outnumbered they are, the stronger they get.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, have you ever seen a blazing shield tank guarding a strong healer? It's downright disgusting. The problem you have isn't with the tank though, it's the ability Guard.
  • nazerick
    nazerick
    Soul Shriven
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Serious question. Ever since I started playing a utility tank for the first time in PVP (Purify, heal debuffs, AOE damage) I've received a lot more hate whispers than usual. While I usually just brush them off, it's becoming increasingly annoying. As long as a tank is providing some usefulness in PVP and not just standing there holding their block button, I think they're very helpful.
    Most of the hate comes from stamina guys saying I wouldn't beat them in a 1v1 with their magicka character, which is a very odd thing to say to a tank.
    Pretty interested to see what the rest of you think of them.

Sounds like your doing it right. As a tank your job is to soak up all the Hate after all. Feed on their suffering.. it will make you stronger. Good job.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nazerick wrote: »
    Serious question. Ever since I started playing a utility tank for the first time in PVP (Purify, heal debuffs, AOE damage) I've received a lot more hate whispers than usual. While I usually just brush them off, it's becoming increasingly annoying. As long as a tank is providing some usefulness in PVP and not just standing there holding their block button, I think they're very helpful.
    Most of the hate comes from stamina guys saying I wouldn't beat them in a 1v1 with their magicka character, which is a very odd thing to say to a tank.
    Pretty interested to see what the rest of you think of them.

Sounds like your doing it right. As a tank your job is to soak up all the Hate after all. Feed on their suffering.. it will make you stronger. Good job.

Lol thanks man. I haven't reached that point of feeding on the hate yet. It still stings a little. Hopefully it will mellow out over time and I'll start to enjoy it
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm actually also curious what you lovely tanks wear. I'm currently going for favallas 5
    ,5 fury - 2 engine guardian. I'm probably not as tanky as you guys are but the DoT on my DK eats them away if they don't leave me lol.

On topic: what is worse i when get hate from other tanks sometimes because the right takes around 10 minutes and then they get ganked by a random ally, like I've asked for it. Why do people always want a 1vs 1 when they lose a fight and start calling your a noob? It's sad name and same is against the rules, I got a lot of enjoyable pictures.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    Because they cannot one-shot you with 1 button . That is why . Continue playing tank and spread the hate and cancer !

I play a DK tank also . It is insanely useful in PvP but that is not the main reason of having fun . It is the hate whispers and duel invitations .

Sometimes , I throw myself between my buddies and enemy so I can take the damage . One day , this dude seriously reported me and my friend because he thought I was using Surprise Attack and my NB friend was using Volatile Armor . *salt intensifies*

You must *** people off . If you are getting hate whispers , then it means you are a good tank .

I don't actually enjoy the hate whispers, and although I've only been playing tank for a week now I was wanting to stop it was getting so bad. I still got rage tells on my DPS, but no where near as many as I'm getting now.
    It's sad, because out of all my builds, this is the one I'm enjoying the most, and feel it's the most effective especially when it comes to small group play.
    Maybe I'll just stick with it and start reporting people if it gets any worse. I don't mind getting called a noob, but some of the other stuff is completely off the charts.

There are 4 stages of troll tanking:

Stage 1: Fledgling Troll Tank
    You start the path of a support tank either out of curiosity or calling. You begin to experiment with different builds and strategies to support allies and lead enemies to their defeat.

Stage 2: Troll Tank
    You have honed your craft and begin to receive notoriety from individual players on both your faction and opposing factions. You begin to get hate tells from opposition and thank you from your allies.

Stage 3: Master Troll Tank
    Hate tells only feed you and make you stronger. The tears of the enemy become sweet nectar that quenches your thirst. Their misery become the food satisfies your hunger. Your skill and craft has reached a level where not only do you annoy individual enemy players but groups of enemy players for your role in leading them to their demise.

Stage 4: Legendary Troll Tank
    Your every presence on the battlefield at times can shift the tide of scrimmages in favor of your faction. Your ability to trick and deceive enemies is not only known but feared by many. Your ability to heal/resurrect/support allies even while under the heaviest enemy fire earns you reverence from your entire faction. To your enemies you become the harbinger of anger and frustration. To your allies your presence becomes a beacon of hope when the shadows of defeat surround them.

Embrace what you have become and remember to revel this. Revel in the massacre. This alone will make you strong.
    Edited by umagon on September 24, 2016 2:54PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm actually also curious what you lovely tanks wear. I'm currently going for favallas 5
    ,5 fury - 2 engine guardian. I'm probably not as tanky as you guys are but the DoT on my DK eats them away if they don't leave me lol.

On topic: what is worse i when get hate from other tanks sometimes because the right takes around 10 minutes and then they get ganked by a random ally, like I've asked for it. Why do people always want a 1vs 1 when they lose a fight and start calling your a noob? It's sad name and same is against the rules, I got a lot of enjoyable pictures.

On my Templar tank I'm currently wearing 2 Malubeth, 5 Seducer, 5 Fasallas. I don't feel bad about wearing Malu because I have no healing anyway.
    If someone else is running Fasallas I'll swap it out for 3 Fasallas and 2 endurance so my shield pops are bigger.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why hate someones strategy? If a tank is guarding a healer, then that just sounds like a good strategy to me. Demanding nerfs because you can beat them is like saying "get rid of the queens moves" in chess, its silly, just come up with a different strategy to beat them, throw caltrops, rearming traps, do something else.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    Because they cannot one-shot you with 1 button . That is why . Continue playing tank and spread the hate and cancer !

I play a DK tank also . It is insanely useful in PvP but that is not the main reason of having fun . It is the hate whispers and duel invitations .

Sometimes , I throw myself between my buddies and enemy so I can take the damage . One day , this dude seriously reported me and my friend because he thought I was using Surprise Attack and my NB friend was using Volatile Armor . *salt intensifies*

You must *** people off . If you are getting hate whispers , then it means you are a good tank .

I don't actually enjoy the hate whispers, and although I've only been playing tank for a week now I was wanting to stop it was getting so bad. I still got rage tells on my DPS, but no where near as many as I'm getting now.
    It's sad, because out of all my builds, this is the one I'm enjoying the most, and feel it's the most effective especially when it comes to small group play.
    Maybe I'll just stick with it and start reporting people if it gets any worse. I don't mind getting called a noob, but some of the other stuff is completely off the charts.

There are 4 stages of toll tanking:

Stage 1: Fledgling Toll Tank
    You start the path of a support tank either out of curiosity or calling. You begin to experiment with different builds and strategies to support allies and lead enemies to their defeat.

Stage 2: Toll Tank
    You have honed your craft and begin to receive notoriety from individual players on both your faction and opposing factions. You begin to get hate tells from opposition and thank you from your allies.

Stage 3: Master Toll Tank
    Hate tells only feed you and make you stronger. The tears of the enemy become sweet nectar that quenches your thirst. Their misery become the food satisfies your hunger. Your skill and craft has reached a level where not only do you annoy individual enemy players but groups of enemy players for your role in leading them to their demise.

Stage 4: Legendary Toll Tank
    Your every presence on the battlefield at times can shift the tide of scrimmages in favor of your faction. Your ability to trick and deceive enemies is not only known but feared by many. Your ability to heal/resurrect/support allies even while under the heaviest enemy fire earns you reverence from your entire faction. To your enemies you become the harbinger of anger and frustration. To your allies your presence becomes a beacon of hope when the shadows of defeat surround them.

Embrace what you have become and remember to revel this. Revel in the massacre. This alone will make you strong.

Lol brilliant. This comment gives me strength. I guess I'm between Stage 2 and Stage 3 - the point where I'm trying to accept all the hate being directed at me.

One day I will be reborn, like a phoenix from the ashes.

CWbKBeA.png
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm playing an Overloading Sorc Tank. The cancer is at its highest possible level.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing an Overloading Sorc Tank. The cancer is at its highest possible level.

There's no coming back from that
  • nlevesque3
    nlevesque3
    ✭✭

Hey me too! Haven't seen many... why is it cancerous? I'm having fun with it :) but I'm just starting out
    Keir
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »

There are 4 stages of toll tanking:

Stage 1: Fledgling Toll Tank

Stage 2: Toll Tank

Stage 3: Master Toll Tank

Stage 4: Legendary Toll Tank

Lol brilliant. This comment gives me strength. I guess I'm between Stage 2 and Stage 3 - the point where I'm trying to accept all the hate being directed at me.

One day I will be reborn, like a phoenix from the ashes.

CWbKBeA.png

Phoenix Set still bugged and lol at that picture .
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't hate tanks in PvP. Just hate Blazing Shield builds. That ability needs a major nerf. Being able to 10k+ damage to all players in a Radius bigger than Steel Tornado while having 65k is no way balanced. Especially since they usually also have Guard on a nearby DD.

I play in TF, the largest campaign on EU and I very rarely see Blazing Shield builds there. You have to give up a fair bit to run one of those and they are very specific. They're really useful to have in a team though.

I run a blazing shield tank at times. I switch my gear up often. It's a lot of fun with the right groups. Nothing feels better than watching that shield blow up every 2 seconds and crit for 10-12 k consistently.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only dislike tanks who actually can deal damage and be a threat (which a tank should not do), and ofcourse the tanks who spam invasion on you while their 40 buddies chase you aswell. Or the 15 templars cycling BOL/HOTD with healults and jesusbeams.

Tanks not doing damage, but just tanking/trying to control fights with roots etc I have no issue with.

#BuffBlackRose
    Edited by Master_Kas on September 24, 2016 3:49PM
    EU | PC
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate how forgiving tanking is. It's too simple a playstyle it allows you too make numerous mistakes and stay alive, they are also killing solo play because half of cyrodiil are tank templars and are just perfect for Xv1. I also don't feel like there should be a build that can't be killed by a solo player either, and that's not just for tanks either.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want some hate mail...

No one ever messages me

And my name is easy to spell

Im jealous @OP
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the same reason people hate good sorcs, they cannot be one shotted
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want some hate mail...

No one ever messages me

And my name is easy to spell

Im jealous @OP

If you were PC/EU I'd send you so much hate mail you wouldn't know what to do with it. I'm nice like that =D
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't hate tanks in PvP. Just hate Blazing Shield builds. That ability needs a major nerf. Being able to 10k+ damage to all players in a Radius bigger than Steel Tornado while having 65k is no way balanced. Especially since they usually also have Guard on a nearby DD.

Really? You know you can stay out of range and damage him from there right?
    PC EU
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the same reason people hate good sorcs, they cannot be one shotted

ah and same reason people hat and almost alway rage whisp if you gang them with velidreth with/or viper....more ragewhisps about what cancer build is that than on normal ganger without those sets :D

all have asshurt for tupical build with those they have problem, gangers, burst builds asshurting for all tanks etc, noobs and anyone other who ah without any buffs, wast not ready for "get ganged" asshurting to all types of gangers etc etc
    Edited by Edziu on September 24, 2016 6:16PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO PvP has been in a burst/fast kill meta for a long time. If people that have spent 500k gold theorycrafting and upgrading gear and practiced animation cancelling insta kill rotations for hours can't kill you fast then they go into a rage.
    Edited by timidobserver on September 24, 2016 6:17PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO PvP has been in a burst/fast kill meta for a long time. If people that have spent 500k gold theorycrafting and upgrading gear and practiced animation cancelling insta kill rotations for hours can't kill you fast then they go into a rage.

But the thing is if you had a good build you weren't going to get one shotted. I play in 7 light and the only time I get one shotted is if I get ganked. All tanks aren't bad, but tanking gives bad players a way to be relevant
  • Maole1989
    Maole1989
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't received any hate mail yet so I'm hoping it's just cos I'm a nice guy (non-teabagger) and not a reflection of my tanking abilities lol. Could this be a PC thing as I play PS4/NA?
    [1 Corinthians 13] [John 15:13] [John 3:16]
    Maole_1989 - PS4 NA EP
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently started a

Really? You know you can stay out of range and damage him from there right?

Which is why I mentioned the DD guarded by that guy. Unless you close in, you can't get the DD. Allow them to be up for a long time and you would technically be creating your own grave.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proper tanking requires that the tank be doing something for the group, for example a high health high mag regen DK should be spamming talons, the longer he can hold out the more talons get spammed! For blazing tanks their purpose is to divert the attention of the enemy raid so that allies can focus targets, blazing tanks do this by becoming the absolute most threatening thing on the field. Many groups like to say they aren't stupid enough to target the blazing tank but the truth is, even the most organized raids end up hitting the tank long enough to get one or even two shield pops before realizing he's a shield plar, by that time the shield tank has already done enough damage to equal roughly two proxy sets...from one toon in two seconds. Blazing tanks in a raid ball for enemy raid to not stack on top of the shieldplars raid, forcing good raids to spread out, allowing the shieldplars buddies to focus down a single target instead of just AOE spamming the raid. Most primary target being the healers...soo we have role, its a damn good one, and its not easy to play properly...

Also when us blazing tanks are running solo or zerg surfing uncoordinated, we are just out right TROLLS, and happily claim the title
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    So were would I find the sap tank meta build? it sounds very interesting.... :wink:
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    People hate tanks in PVP because they're boring to play against.

I don't mind the tanks who deal moderate damage, have moderate heals and eventually run out of resources and die when they're being hit by 3+ players for an extended time (and I mean an extended time, I don't mean 10-30 seconds). I don't like the tanks who can heal back to full with the push of a button, who weave in and out of batswarm and mist and can take being walloped on by a fire ballista and 5+ players indefinitely, and if ignored, turn around and drop meteors on you when you start sieging.

Are they good tanks? Yeah, they are. Is it bad game design? Yes, it is, in my opinion. I know I can build to counter those guys and you can't indefinitely tank against people who have set their gear / skills / poisons to counter you. But I can't change gear in combat, can't really even slot things on the quickslots in combat half the time with the spastic inventory scrolling. It just results in a very boring gameplay experience.

I think the problem is that currently it's just possible to build too extreme; ganking builds that blow you up from stealth in under 2 seconds, tanks that don't die, etc. The cap on healing, mitigation, damage and regen is too high. I honestly just wish that the game discouraged tryharding and encouraged fun, interesting builds that are unique and fluffy and made of rainbows and butterflies. ... :D
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing heavy armour since day 1. Back when light armour tanks were more viable in pvp than heavy armour...

I have only recently in the last 6 months started to get a ton of hate whispers with all kinds of insults about me being a "heavy armour scrub" etc... Pretty sad to be honest, i actually thought the ESO community was one of the more mature and nice communities out there. I was wrong.
    Edited by Orchish on September 25, 2016 3:49AM