Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Barrier morph choice?

117Dios
117Dios
✭✭✭
Hi people.

As title asked, I'm trying to understand which Barrier morph is better.

Reviving Barrier gives the best shield out of the two and also heals for a nice chunk, which may save some lives in both PvP and PvE (correct me if I'm wrong)

Replenishing Barrier returns Magicka, which is not a big problem for me, but also returns Ultimate when wards go down.

Should I take the extra survivability Reviving Barrier gives?
Or should I take the shorter "cooldown" of Replenishing Barrier?

Thanks in advance for the attention.

Best Answer

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replenishing Barrier for both.....Ulti regen is key
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Answer ✓
  • slaterd
    slaterd
    I faced the same choice this week on my Templar healer. I went with the reviving as i can have barrier heal the team up for me and i can focus on damage for the duration. I am still on the fence as more ultimate sounds appealing as well.
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried them both and I prefer the Replenishing Barrier. In larger groups it seems like I can cast it over and over again. The health regen on Reviving is nice but with a 30,000 point shield around you, health regens a bit on its own.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny I just had the same dilemma. I chose reviving barrier. Barrier is a ultimate used out of necessity. If I don't have to use barrier to save me and my teammates then I'm using my other offensive ultimate.

Yes having a shield up 2 more times in zerg battles is nice but when things go really wrong, there is no ultimate as good as reviving barrier. Your teammates should be managing their health better with vigor/rally. The shield alone seems kinda pointless.