The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

High elf templar healer

Typeous
Typeous
✭✭
I am playing templar high elf magicka healer, it will be level 50 soon but i still dont know which skills i should use or which geara i should wear.

Can you help me with this? Also please make your gear suggestions like 1 craftable/buyable set for beginning and 1 best in slot. I dont have any trial or dungeon bind on pickup sets for templar.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, what kind of healing are you doing. I assume just dungeon healing ATM.

So, some of the popular craftable sets for healing are Julianos, Kagrenec's Hope, and Seducer. These are all great sets for healing, and offer varying amounts of sustain. Julianos provides the most spell power, but the least regen, while Kagrenec's Hope provides spell power, health, and decreased resurrection time. Seducer provides low cost spells with high regen.

Honestly, pick your favorite one and adopt your playstyle to it.

From there, you need some extra stuff. Since you don't have anything farmed up, just go with another crafted set. For example, I paired my Seducer Set with 3/4 Pieces of Magnus' Gift, for high sustain.

Let me be clear though, make your main 5 piece set in the Chest, Legs, Boots, Arms, and Belt, and leave the Shoulders and Helmets and weapons for your partially complete set to supplement you.

For jewlery, scrap up enough money to buy arcane Willpower jewelry. If you can't do that yet, I would suggest finding a group to run normal White Gold Tower with, as the dungeon story quest there gives you a healthy Willpower piece.

I strongly suggest enchanting all your armor with magicka enchants, and your jewelry with spell damage enchants.

As for skills, for healing dungeons, it's all about being able to do DPS while healing.

I'll include my build, but don't feel pressured to copy it. I'll give an analysis of what it does.
    Restoration Staff:
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Radiant Glory
    4. Repentance
    5. Blazing Shards
    U. Aggressive War Horn

Dual Wield:
    1. Breath of Life
    2. Puncturing Sweeps
    3. Reflective Light
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

For gear, I run 5 piece Seducer, 2/4 piece Magnus' Gift, 3 piece Willpower, and 1 Master Restoration Staff (don't worry about that staff) in all Divines for clothing, and Precise for weapons. I also take the Thief Mundus Stone. All my attributes are in magicka.

My noteworthy stats, with food, and 531 cp are:

39.5k Magicka
    16.0k Health
    1.2-1.4k Magicka Regen (depending on bar)
    2.0-2.6k Spell Damage (depending on bar)
    49-56% Spell Crit

Note that I have three things going on through my build: healing, support, and damage. As a dungeon healer, it's my job to do all three of those, so a good build should reflect that.

For healing, you don't want to spam high cost Breath of Life, so rely on cheap, effective HOTs, good examples being either morph of Regeneration or Grand Healing in Restoration Staff Skill Line. I still take Breath of Life because it's a great emergency and precision heal. And Ritual of Retribution adds to that. As does Repentance.

Next, you want to add support into the mix, which is why I take Blazing Spears, Aggressive Warhorn, Repentance, and Ritual of Retribution.

Before I consider adding damage to the mix, however, I should make sure I can survive through attacks so I can heal and support my group, so I take Dampen Magic.

Also, now I want to buff myself, so I take Ritual of Retribution for the +25% healing it gives through a passive.

Now, I add in the damage. I put on Radiant Glory as an execute, put Blazing Shards as a strong ranged AOE, Reflective Light as a DOT and buff, and then Ritual of Retribution as a small DOT, and Puncturing Sweeps as my main DPS with Shooting Star as an added bonus.

Throughout my build, you should notice that many of my abilities contribute to more than one of the three catagories of healing, support, and damage. I get high slot efficiency with my abilities so I don't waste a single slot. There should not be a wasted slot in your build.

Also, a leveling tip, level any and all abilities that you might think as being useful. For example, even though you're a healer, I implore you to level out your Destruction Staff skill line.

I strongly encourage you to make your own from scratch, and just remember to balance out damage, support, and healing when going to heal a dungeon group.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a starter healer, the best set by far is Seducer. Just put 5 pieces (without Head and Shoulders) and update as you get the mats and better sets later. It takes just 3 traits to craft and it is on your capital zone so you can get it very early. I began crafting it as soon as I had the traits and never looked back.

I also complement with Torug's Pact Resto e Dual Wield. Those sets a good craftable sets with fewer traits required. Leave head and shoulders for monster sets or dropped sets, specially since there are excellent ones coming on One Tamriel update.

If you have more traits, Julianos and Kagrenec's Hope are the way to go for crafted sets for now.

The end goal should be the Spell Power Cure set, but from my own experience, it is VERY hard to farm since it only drops in White Gold Tower (WGT) and you need a good group that knows all the mechanics to get good runs there.

You can start at normal since sometimes it drops level 150 purple SPC, but the aim should be to get the 160 stuff in vet (well, at least until the One Tamriel update - it seems that after that normal WGT will drop blue 160 SPC that you can upgrade).

I like Willpower Arcane jewlery. It is expensive, but you can buy them at various Guild Traders in Craglorn and your alliance capital. Later on it will drop all the time, but not always with the right trait. I found that reduce Spell Cost is better than Magicka Recovery for jewlery, but it is just my feeling. Don't know if the math supports this. After you have a more endgame build, switch to Spell Power.

In the beggining, you can try both Magicka and Health enchantments on armor to see which suits you better. I find that my magicka never runs out with all magicka so sometimes I put a couple of Health enchantments to get more survavability in dungeons. For trials, enchant everything with Magicka.

As for the skills, focus on buffing, support and healing with some DPS / Execute if you have a good group that gives you time to do a little DPS.

As an example, my current rotation goes something like this:

From Resto bar:

1. Rapid Reneragion (RR) 2x (Resto skill line - it takes 2 casts for dungeons and 6 for trials since each cast gets 2 allies) - Increases allies health regeneration
    2. Follow the tank and cast Extended Ritual / Ritual of Retribution in the middle of the fight - Heals allies inside the area AND does a little damage
    3. Get to a good spot on the fight and cast Restoring Focus rune - restores magicka and increases your resistance
    4. Remembrance (Ultimate) when things get ugly or your are low on magicka

Change to Dual Wield (2 swords) bar:

1. Throw Luminous Shards / Blazing Spear near the tank or at trash mobs to help clear them, if there is time - the tank can activate the synergy to recover Stamina, just keep them coming at him
    2. Puncture Sweep your target until about 30% health if you have time and group's healt is good
    3. Cast Radiant Oppression (aka Jesus' Beam) on targets or bosses if their health is very low (< 30%) - be aware to block and break the animation to cast Breath of Life if someone's health drops too low
    4. Solar Prision / Meteor (Ultimate) if things are under control to help the DPSs

All the time:

1. Breath of Life if someone's health drops to 50-60% - RR and the Ritual SHOULD bring back everyone's healt to full from 70% if they don't stand in red AoE and you keep the buffs up
    2. Every few seconds into the fight, cast Repentence after some enemies die to restore Health and Stamina for allies
    3. Keep throwing Spears at the tank every few seconds and Repetence
    4. Always move your eyes between the group healt bars, the AoEs and your magicka... It is crazy, but you get used to it.

This seems like a lot, but once you get the hang of it it is just a matter of paying attention on when to break the sequence when someone's health drops too low and then restart the cycle.

The ideal thing should be to have the Resto bar with your healing skills and the Dual Wield if some support and DPS. In practice, I find that I have to dual slot Breath of Life for most PUGs. With experienced players, you have time to switch bars and heal, so you can put some other DPS like Purifying Light / Power of the Light.

A few tips:

1. Keep an eye on the AoEs. If you see someone is not going to escape the AoE and you have magicka, cast BoL BEFORE to get them to full health. Sometimes this saves one-shot kills.
    2. If your magicka gets too low, change to Resto bar and heavy attack any enemy to recover fast
    3. Keep the buffs up! The Ritual is easy to see since it lights up the floor. RR makes your allies have a little golden glow, like little sparks coming out of their chest. Rune makes you all golden. Learn to notice this visual cues. Or just rebuff everything after the Ritual fades until you get more used with the times.
    4. Pay attention to the tank! You need to keep him alive and supplied with Shards.
    5. If things are under control, you can revive allies. If not, ask another one to do this while you heal.
    Edited by Dasovaruilos on September 21, 2016 12:31PM
  • Typeous
    Typeous
    ✭✭
    Thank you for all answers.

Today i made x5 Seducer, x3 Willpower, x2 Torug Sword, also im using Molag Kena heavy shoulders, i'll find one helmet, probably monster set with health.

I dont know which enchantments should i use for swords&restoration/dest. staff.

I also couldnt decide which staffs should i use, they will be 1 piece and useless as set item.

All of my gears are purple, should i make my swords yellow for spell damage? Does it effect that? What about dual wield passives?

Thanks for helping me :)