The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AMA Summary Notes: Many Questions Answers, Nothing Said

Pandorii
Pandorii
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, Everyone.

I'm going through the AMA, and I'd like some help bringing up some of the points. Here's what I've seen so far.

1. The devs did not clarify whether or not non-atro themed items in the crown crates (like the red wolf mount and red wolf cub) are crate exclusives or future Limited Time Offer items. @MissBizz
2. There will be no quality of life changes to guilds in the near future, but they're planning on it (maybe after housing in 2017?)
3. Transmog system for gear is not even on the table at all (because it's too difficult).
4. A new class? Not likely. @Wrobel totally wants to make one, but they're not letting him. <.<
5. Small changes in store for PvP, but nothing as major as a PvP DLC. Just quality of life changes and maybe some new siege weapons.

This is basically a lot of nothing. Maybe they should tell us juicy stuff instead of answer our questions and shut our ideas down...

Others Insights or Let Downs?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you worry, I was there and saw. Just recently I pushed a bit harder for an answer on this - and tried to ensure the question was clear as possible so it wasn't misunderstood.

-No plans on continuing the current dungeons stories (like Vaults of Madness)
    -Magicka DK getting buffed in Update 13 (this includes Dragon Blood although it sounds like they're changing the ability, rather than just buffing)
    -NO FLYING MOUNTS. Maybe one day hovering/floating.. but they're not working on it.
    -Rich and Wheeler are probably gone to get a beer right now
    -Future update they will try to change something so we start putting points into health instead of just our mag/stam pool.
    -No cheap respec for Update 12 (not surprised)
    -I complained about the terrible 2 traits on monster sets and Rich said should be easier since drops are guaranteed.. and "Also, ideally we'd like to make all traits interesting..."
    -not increasing bank space anytime soon

Oh I thought this was interesting!

Hello, one more question, on pax /u/ZOS_RichLambert said that he believed IC telvar sets had jewlery included in them aswell in one tamriel, I can however confirm they do not, not powerful assault or shieldbreaker etc have no jewlery or weapons in their set items, is this intended or oversight? thank you very much.

[–]ZOS_RichLambert [score hidden] 14 minutes ago
    You are right... it got missed. We will get it fixed.

Sounds like telvar sets are getting jewelry!

-"Pretty sure I answered this one already - but yes we are working on showing Buff / Debuffs for the console UI." (I assume they'll give it to PC at the same time too as per usual)
    Edited by MissBizz on September 23, 2016 9:58PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    If anyone would like to review all the answers to the questions from the AMA today, you can look by each team member which is linked in this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/546mo4/welcome_to_the_one_tamriel_eso_ama/d7zcxfp
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone would like to review all the answers to the questions from the AMA today, you can look by each team member which is linked in this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/546mo4/welcome_to_the_one_tamriel_eso_ama/d7zcxfp

It's also at the top of the entire thread as per the link in the pinned AMA thread lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @MissBizz. I feel we'll get the answer soon on point number 1.

@ZOS_GinaBruno thanks for the link! Yall should definitely check that out and come back here to discuss them. ; P
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well ... getting beer seems like the only good idea I've read here . Thank you @MissBizz for cliff notes .
    Options
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like they pretty much have their hands full getting Tamriel One/One Tamriel or whatever it's called out the door. Maybe we can do another AMA in a few months or so after things calm down a bit with all the new changes.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rohamad_Ali I only touched on a few things I figured were hot topics. There's a ton more they answered in that thread so I really recommend checking it out :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @Rohamad_Ali I only touched on a few things I figured were hot topics. There's a ton more they answered in that thread so I really recommend checking it out :)

Well ok if you say so I will . But probably after the beer .
    Options
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dunno, I thought it was fairly informative for a lot of things. Not perfect, but there's a lot of information in there.
    • The main goal for One Tamriel was "to focus on difficulty scaling, re-itemizing the entire game, creating new item sets, new monster masks, and number of other changes and bug fixes."
    • No continuations of old dungeons, but new ones are in planning.
    • The team is looking to expand Cyrodiil consumables/intractables (like siege)and things you can buy with AP.
    • ZOS does want to consider ideas like a "hard mode" but is focused on balancing and making the game accessible across the board right now (this is a good thing).
    • Finn hinted at a new trial coming, just not as part of One Tamriel.
    • ZOS stated that having more skills as vampire would be cool (read: could be in the cards for a future update).
    • Elloa, Paulingtons and Recremen are the Chosen Ones(tm).
    • PLUNDER!
    • Nothing to announce until after One Tamriel has launched (not that this is news, as ZOS doesn't comment on future updates 'til after the current one has launched).
    • The team is aware of many UI quality of life changes, and are considering several (e.g. "skill saver").
    • ZOS acknowledged a lot of the IC sets don't have jewelry, and should (and will get that fixed). Sets like Shieldbreaker, Black Rose and Powerful Assault.
    • Discussing battlegrounds before their time are worth fisticuffs.
    • Magicka DK buffs for Update 13.
    Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I asked a simple question twice but got no response.

Meanwhile they replied to loads of "I love you" and "Oh hai" comments.

Pretty fed up tbh. Not professional and absolutely disgusting treatment of loyal consumers.
    Options
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necrelios wrote: »
    It sounds like they pretty much have their hands full getting Tamriel One/One Tamriel or whatever it's called out the door. Maybe we can do another AMA in a few months or so after things calm down a bit with all the new changes.

It did feel like this, since many of the questions were answered with "we'll talk about it later" or "we've got plans for that later." Maybe it wasn't the right time.

On the point about magicka DK buffs, I am glad to see that they are listening (but a little hint in the forum threads that they are would be nice). From a business perspective, I can see why they would table issues like that to another Update 13, because of how much is being changed in Update 12. However, from the perspective of a mDK, that means another 3 months (on top of 6 already - maybe longer) of not really being able to play my class competitively. I know it's been 6 months, at least, for most of the magicka community. Is the idea of having future buffs enough to keep the mDK community waiting, even if you have no idea what those buffs will be (and what buffs other classes will get along side it or if those buffs will even be buffs at all)?
    Options
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    I asked a simple question twice but got no response.

Meanwhile they replied to loads of "I love you" and "Oh hai" comments.

Pretty fed up tbh. Not professional and absolutely disgusting treatment of loyal consumers.

I noticed that! I think it's also important to read something from their silence. These are the questions that they 'dodge,' like questions about the 2h ulti.
    Options
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    It did feel like this, since many of the questions were answered with "we'll talk about it later" or "we've got plans for that later." Maybe it wasn't the right time.
    In all fairness to ZOS, it was a One Tamriel AMA, and a lot of the questions were not about One Tamriel specifically.

Options
  • Lucius_Aelius
    Lucius_Aelius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what thread you were reading, but one of the biggest things I read was that they're going to make speccing into HP more important to prevent people from having awesome healing and damage just by speccing into offense, which I've been asking for ever since I've been playing this game and it's actually in the works, albeit very preliminary and a while before we see anything. I can't describe how amazing that is and hopeful it makes me, and straight from Wrobel's mouth so it's actually happening. Awesomesauce.

Admittedly they didn't answer lots of important questions (like their thoughts on the Two-Handed Ultimate) but there's great and informative stuff they did say which makes me very optimistic moving forward. Seriously that fix to balance with HP being more incentivized and having it tied to healing is the exact thing I've been saying would balance this game more than anything else, and that great healing and offense being tied to the same stats was by far the biggest obstacle standing in the way of balance. So either they listened to me or have smart people that figured it out for themselves, either way just for that comment I want to kiss @Wrobel right now (maybe not, but damn close).
    Edited by Lucius_Aelius on September 23, 2016 10:21PM
    Daggerfall Covenant - Scourge (Xbox NA) - GT: Lucius Aelius - Lord - 648CP
    Lucius Aelius Aurelius - 50 Imperial Dragonknight - Centurion - Stam Tank
    Lucius Aelius Valerius - 50 Imperial Templar - Lieutenant - Mag Heal/DPS
    Lucius Aelius Regulus - 50 Imperial Nightblade - First Sergeant - Stam DPS
    Lucius Aelius Augustus - 50 Imperial Sorcerer - Corporal - Mag DPS
    Wags-His-Tail - 20 Argonian Sorcerer - Recruit - TBD
    Holds-The-Line - 40 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Carries-Extra-Gear - 4 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Guildmaster - Wardens of the Covenant
    Group Leader - xpThe Guildxp
    Trader - Secret Sauce
    Trader - Elite Dungeoneers
    Options
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point, @Preyfar. It's not our fault that we have a lot of unanswered questions about the game overall. xD We've been asking them for months in a variety of outlets.

Plus, the crown crates are a fundamental part of One Tamriel, and they didn't answer our question about the over-abundance of exclusive items in them that are not the atro mounts and atro themed items.
    Options
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good point, @Preyfar. It's not our fault that we have a lot of unanswered questions about the game overall. xD We've been asking them for months in a variety of outlets.
    I'm not saying I'm happy with it, just saying that the AMA was focused on One Tamriel. There's a lot of things I want to know about but have no answers to.

And at least ZOS has listened to our complaints regarding the crates. We'll see what the updates/tweaks they make provide (I've been vocal about them in the feedback). I love this game, I legitimately do. I liked the AMA, but the crates have been terrible thus far.

We'll see. ZOS said they're launching the crates later this year -- may not launch at the same time as One Tamriel.
    Options
  • Mx13
    Mx13
    ✭✭✭

Plus, the crown crates are a fundamental part of One Tamriel, and they didn't answer our question about the over-abundance of exclusive items in them that are not the atro mounts and atro themed items.

Crown crates arent coming with One Tamriel afaik.
    Options
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mx13 wrote: »

Hmm that's true-ish? We only know that they're coming later this year, but will that be within the Update 12 period or during Update 13? We don't really know.
    Options
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what thread you were reading, but one of the biggest things I read was that they're going to make speccing into HP more important to prevent people from having awesome healing and damage just by speccing into offense, which I've been asking for ever since I've been playing this game and it's actually in the works, albeit very preliminary and a while before we see anything. I can't describe how amazing that is and hopeful it makes me, and straight from Wrobel's mouth so it's actually happening. Awesomesauce.

Admittedly they didn't answer lots of important questions (like their thoughts on the Two-Handed Ultimate) but there's great and informative stuff they did say which makes me very optimistic moving forward. Seriously that fix to balance with HP being more incentivized and having it tied to healing is the exact thing I've been saying would balance this game more than anything else, and that great healing and offense being tied to the same stats was by far the biggest obstacle standing in the way of balance. So either they listened to me or have smart people that figured it out for themselves, either way just for that comment I want to kiss Wrobel right now (maybe not, but damn close).

True. I've just been around too long I guess, and I'm jaded. Until I can see the changes in front of me (whether in the form of PTS notes or through the PTS), I can't take a couple of statements like 'magicka DK buffs' and 'changes to speccing into HP' and imagine the world is going to be different. We don't know what changes will come along-side them. For example, mDK could get a buff, but so could every other class, making them end up in the same relative place in the food chain (PvP-wise).
    Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was enough for me tbh. I waited until tonight to give them a good chance to actually talk, reply, inform and reassure their fans about a topic - but instead they want to ignore or horribly surprise us. So, I uninstalled.

bye1.gif
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mx13 wrote: »

Hmm that's true-ish? We only know that they're coming later this year, but will that be within the Update 12 period or during Update 13? We don't really know.

If my math is right update 12 is the last of this year's update. Update 13 should be q1 2017.

I do recall hearing that crown crates were not coming with One Tamriel though. Instead, they are coming a bit later. Maybe November? I may have got that feeling from it being pointed out in pts patch notes that they are coming later this year. That would be an odd thing to mention in update 12's patch notes if they were coming with update 12.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was enough for me tbh. I waited until tonight to give them a good chance to actually talk, reply, inform and reassure their fans about a topic - but instead they want to ignore or horribly surprise us. So, I uninstalled.

bye1.gif

Leaving ESO? That's a shame... Maybe you will return someday!

Also something I saw no one has pointed out yet: Confirmation they are giving consoles buff/debuff trackers.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bye1.gif

Also something I saw no one has pointed out yet: Confirmation they are giving consoles buff/debuff trackers.

@UltimaJoe777 Look up buddy, I TOTALLY pointed that out :P lol

<snip>

Welp, I made sure to ask very very clearly before 6pm (when they stopped). No answer. I can't help but to think their silence is speaking loud and clear.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

bye1.gif

@UltimaJoe777 Look up buddy, I TOTALLY pointed that out :P lol

<snip>

Welp, I made sure to ask very very clearly before 6pm (when they stopped). No answer. I can't help but to think their silence is speaking loud and clear.

Oh you edited it in lol that's why I didn't see it, I didn't check posts I already read :p
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked 2 questions and got both of them answered, my question was the one about the IC jewlery:)

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • neville_bart0s
    neville_bart0s
    ✭✭✭
    im surprised they answered any real questions, i thought they'd just cherry pick the lore questions and give themselves a pat on the back for doing such a good job.
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't have the source but I remember reading that Crates wouldn't be released at the same time as OT, they would be coming closer to the end of the year.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was like any AMA: a mix of new information that's toned down so as to not give away too much, and then a bunch of questions we already knew the answers to, because not everyone reads everything so of course there are going to be repeat questions across different media types. Also some caveats like "no plans but maybe", but I didn't really notice anything new on that front.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    They talked about balance changes with update 13, tweaking destro staved (esp ice staff), looking at lackluster monster sets (ice heart, shadowrend), and adding more ice skills at some point!

Time for me to dust off my ice mage mNB
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I read and yes it was easier with beer . I know you were all worried . :smirk:

The changes to health being needed in order to take away enormous resource pools was good to read . It bring hopes and fears however if not done properly . I am liking the direction however .

Seems battlefields are in progress . Housing as well and we all know loot boxes ... Sigh . Direction this way is expected to continue so hopefully they make this more reasonable for those wanting to take chance at rare loot for real money and promises of crafted items always being superior .

@Cazzy Sorry to see you go my friend and I understand why . Just no this has always been the way community feedback on Reddit has worked in the past and skipping your question was probably not personal . It would of been skipped no matter who posted it . They do have a PR protocol they must abide . They don't do it to deliberately exclude , it's sometimes thier job to avoid what they're told to avoid . This is with all game communities people . You will be missed .

Options