The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Problem with new Skyrim Badger Mount

Celas_Dranacea
Celas_Dranacea
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS - I think it's shameful that you are passing off endangered Skyrim Badgers as some kind of "masked bear," drugging them with skooma and selling them as mounts.

I am a Bosmer native to Skyrim - I know it's rare but I was born out there and spent my first years as a wee werewolf pup hunting in the wilds before wandering into Cyrodil where I was raised on donkey milk by the good people of Cropsford.

And let me tell you - I know a Skyrim Badger when I see one. They look kinda like bears but they are most definitely enormous, angry badgers.

There are very few Skyrim Badgers left in the wild and some of them are my friends. You've captured and sold off hundreds of breeding age badgers, putting the remaining badgers at risk of extinction.

You've made a deal with the devil this time Zos. Do not subject the noble Skyrim Badger to slavery.

#FreeTheSkyrimBadgers

Edited by Celas_Dranacea on September 19, 2016 9:50PM
A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maaaaaybe lay of the skooma, elf :p
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would never touch the foul stuff. I have a strict diet of Nord meat and spring water. I sometimes feast on the hot entrails of other dying enemies.
    Edited by Celas_Dranacea on September 18, 2016 8:44PM
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When my Orc first laid eyes on this peculiar creature, he knew he had to sit on it.
    He's been sitting on it ever since, they're inseparable. (Except when he's drinking, but that's only on weekdays)

29143192944_f0167068ff_o.jpg
    Edited by MarkusLiberty on September 18, 2016 7:11PM
    *Special Snowflake*

• Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on people, you know this is wrong - speak up and help save the Skyrim Badger from utter doom.

They provide critical ecosystem benefits such as controlling goblin populations when they forage through caves. They also spread the seeds of native plants as they move across the landscape. Skyrim badger dung is a rich fertilizer full of the nutrients that trees need to thrive.

Sure, they've been known to raid the occasional meadery to go after honey - after all they are close cousins to the Grahtwood honey badger. But this is a small economic price to pay and partly The fault of meadery operators who neglect to build strong enough buildings that can resist the burrowing of these badgers.

If the badger is lost, we will see cascading environmental effects down the food chain.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When my Orc first laid eyes on this peculiar creature, he knew he had to sit on it.
    He's been sitting on it ever since, they're inseparable. (Except when he's drinking, but that's only on weekdays)

29143192944_f0167068ff_o.jpg

Just wait until the skooma wears off, then you'll see how much you like sitting on em!

This is a huge public safety concern as the drugs wear off and Skyrim Badgers go on a rampage. Is this fair to my Orc friend here, who is going to be mauled to death by an angry badger at any second?

Edited by Celas_Dranacea on September 18, 2016 7:29PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would never touch the fowl stuff. I have a strict diet of Nord meat and spring water. I sometimes feast on the hot entrails of other dying enemies.

Green party? If you're eating Nord, you're eating vegetables second hand. Might want to check BAC before you mount as well. We're strong like the Finnish cuz we eat our spinach! By the time you pick all the corn out of our entrails, they will be quite cold.

Feel free to wash it all down with donkey milk, your avian bones cant have too much calcium if you want to stay dainty.

You are what you eat!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N
    I would never touch the fowl stuff. I have a strict diet of Nord meat and spring water. I sometimes feast on the hot entrails of other dying enemies.

Green party? If you're eating Nord, you're eating vegetables second hand. Might want to check BAC before you mount as well. We're strong like the Finnish cuz we eat our spinach! By the time you pick all the corn out of our entrails, they will be quite cold.

Feel free to wash it all down with donkey milk, your avian bones cant have too much calcium if you want to stay dainty.

You are what you eat!

No offense Nord, you are just what I'm accustomed to for dinner. The Green Pact prohibits me from eating plants ... but they never said anything about getting essential nutrients 2nd hand.... So I'll take your corn and spinach too!

But hey, I met plenty of nice Nord werewolves out in Skyrim - I respect you people. Dose not have a shared interest in protecting the noble Skyrim Badger?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the conservation of our tasty wildlife is in everyones best interest.

I can also understand the more savage instincts of the WW- I used to be one. Lo, I did see the line of my people, back to the beginning, and the calling of Sovngarde began to grip my soul once it was returned to me. I chose feasting and fighting immortal, over the darwinism of Hircine's Hunt.

Seeing familiar paw prints does sometimes make me smile upon those ruthless years of my youth.

Anybody with a brogue is usually ok in my book. See you in One Tamriel (ps4) ? We could team up to collect donations, with force if necessary.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha!!!!! Taking donations by force - I like it! Unfortunately I live in a distant realm (NA PC) but perhaps our paths will cross some day Nord.

See, Skyrim Badgers have a powerful ability to unite people. We must protect and cherish these charming creatures, and free them from their ZOS taskmasters that would have them prance like ponies, carrying riders about Tamriel!

I will not have it!

#SkyrimBadgerLiberationFront
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert I demand and answer. The people of Tamriel are waiting.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggest tragedy since Harambe.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The world looks on in silence as hundreds of Skyrim badgers lose the only life they've ever known.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will fight for this cause until the day that I die. I will not be silenced by people who think they have better things to do than speak up for the noble badgers of the world.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks more like a raccoon entering that biggest loser show.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Looks more like a raccoon entering that biggest loser show.

Brother, never call a Skyrim Badger fat - it's a sure way to lose your face!