The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Volenfell Vanquisher bugged...

connorw53
connorw53
So 3 bosses to kill. The first is bugged, other 2 are fine.
Quintus Verres is the first of 3 to complete this achievement for Undaunted and he cannot be killed. Once he hits about 8% he summons the gargoyle and you do not get the 'defeat Quintus Verres' part of the achievement.

Anyone else? It's the last person I need from all dungeons but even killing the gargoyle doesn't work.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dungeon gets fixed, then gets bugged again, then gets fixed again. Seems its on the Bugged end of the curve lately.

Others have reported a similar issue.

I have not tried this one in a while, but, the last time I remember the Gargoyle being summoned before he dies (or maybe it was at the same time, the group I was with was going all thermonuclear on this guy) but the Gargoyle only dropped down once he was dead. Are you saying he summons the gargoyle and can't be killed while the gargoyle is spawned or the guy goes away when the gargoyle is spawned?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• connorw53
    connorw53
    Basically he gets low then dies himself haha. But it doesn't count as you killing him.
    When he summons it, he just dies at about 10% but it doesn't count as you killing him
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the Gargoyle drop down and are you able to kill it? I am just trying understand the exact bug this time around, as it seems to change.

Note, if it does not drop down, some say that going back towards the wall area will get it to drop down so you can kill it. You will be about 50 meters from the area you normally fight them at.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the mechanics of the dungeon are that he will spawn the gargoyle at 10% health.

to avoid bugs, glitching & ensure my quest updates (in your case receive the achievement)

i ask the group to stop attacking him at about 15% and just do light/heavy attacks

this technique worked about 3 days ago on xbox, i cant comment for other platforms/servers
  • Chew_Magna
    Chew_Magna
    ✭✭✭
    Even if you do get him down to 0hp (most of my groups usually do) you still can't kill him no matter how much you beat on him.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chew_Magna wrote: »
    Even if you do get him down to 0hp (most of my groups usually do) you still can't kill him no matter how much you beat on him.

that's the mechanics for this particular boss, he can not be killed.

he gets to low health & summons the gargoyle. it is the gargoyle you then have to kill

attacking him while he is at low health/is summoning the the gargoyle is what is glitching your achievement & quest.

he used to be killable, which would prevent him from summoning the gargoyle & prevent progression in the dungeon. changing him to an un killable state was a great decision by the developers, unfortunately he will still occasionally glitch out if you do any damage to him while he is summoning.

to prevent the glitch i explain to my group 'this boss is glitched when he gets to 15% health just light & heavy attack & stop attacking him when he runs off to the back of the room.

i feel the achievement/quest dialogue could be changed to better reflect what you are actually required to do, to prevent confusion, although it would ruin the 'surprise' for anyone who has never run it before.