Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 11 Guide: Cyrodiil Town Capture"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
98739dcd44e162a6321a228fc5d7d67a.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Update 11 Guide: Cyrodiil Town Capture. Beginning with Update 11, you can team up with your alliance and capture specific towns in Cyrodiil. Find out more about this new Alliance War feature, then get out there and lay claim to a town!
Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on August 5, 2016 2:01PM
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a lot of unreleased monster masks in that screenshot.

c63ea5c5af13a33be785a59e129f9620.jpg
    Edited by Alp on August 6, 2016 6:50PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very little interaction here....is this not fun on live or worth engaging?

I don't PvP much at all but I do quest so it will impact me in a negative way but curious, is anyone even doing this?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Captured town should allow a guild to have their name on it and also their guild store! :)
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see that Cheydinhal and Chorrol were left out due to strategic reasons. Will we ever see them return as capturable towns in the foreseeable future? Maybe as automatically controlled by their respective home keeps (Rayles / Farra)?
    Edited by Ulfgarde on August 7, 2016 10:12PM
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Town capture is definitely something many of us have asked for, however, it needs more risk/reward incentive built into it.
    Very little interaction here....is this not fun on live or worth engaging?

I don't PvP much at all but I do quest so it will impact me in a negative way but curious, is anyone even doing this?
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • JodaGreyhame
    JodaGreyhame
    ✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    Captured town should allow a guild to have their name on it and also their guild store! :)

Yes they do! Or grant the alliance a buff of some kind while they own it. It would make the towns feel more important.
    Orsimer Than You I Am: Orc Warden
  • StoneSlayer
    StoneSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    I think the towns are a great addition to Cyrodiil. The only few problems i have with them is A) Their placement, B) Too few of them and C) Some small reward for owning them (Other than the merchant).

A) I really think their placement should be reconsidered. At the moment they're placed in the favor of AD. Creating almost no action for AD in these towns, as they are owned by AD 90% of the time. Having 2 of them closer to their gates than any other alliance really kills them.I prefer running all the way to Bruma to fight EP and DC, because Vlastarus and Cropsford are both owned by AD. The towns are placed where quest hubs are placed, this is what creates the problem. It's impossible to create a balance with these 3 quest hubs. I think adding all the 5 quest hubs as towns would be a solution for this problem.

B) I love to PVP. I hate to Zerg. Before towns there wasn't really any space for small scale PVP in cyrodiil. Sure IC has been out for a while, but it's mostly dead at this point. Towns have now created small scale PVP again. But it's just not enough. They aren't active enough. This could be resolved with adding more of them so that people might choose to take back their closest town instead of fighting the zergs. This point might be useless since i already took it up in point A...

C) There should be some small bonus/reward of your alliance owning one / two / all three of the towns. Not too big of a bonus, but something so that small scale PVP'ers would go there more often and so that they would have something to fight for. I would recommend somekinda AP bonus while killing people in these towns.

These are all my own opinions and ideas.
    Dragonknight Master Race!

Total CP: ~1380
    StoneSlayer | Stamina Dragonknight | Orc | AD | Rank: 50
    Dankest Dk | Magicka Dragonknight | Dark-Elf | AD | Rank: ~25
    Legendary Geologist | Stamina Sorcerer | Orc | AD | Rank: ~25
    Legendary Stone | Magicka Sorcerer | High-Elf | AD | Rank: ~15
    Legendary Mineralogist | Magicka Necromancer | Breton | AD | Rank: ~10
    Lotus Fun | Magicka Nightblader | High-Elf | AD | Rank: ~15
  • pensfan1975b14_ESO
    pensfan1975b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone know what armor style that is on the 2nd screenshot?
  • archangel_7
    archangel_7
    Soul Shriven
    Town placement is pretty lopsided. Was this even considered?
  • Brunoad
    Brunoad
    ✭✭✭
    I used to enjoy going to Cyrodiil towns for daily quests, but now it has become a burden. I do not care to capture these, just do my quests and leave, but particularly in Cropsford and Vlastarus, if it is of a different alliance, i get attacked by NPC guards when I try to talk with the two quest givers. Furthermore, the town lights up as under attack, which draws other players and I do not care to deal with the opposition.
    Thus, this addition has greatly reduced my enjoyment of this part of Cyrodiil.

This could be easily fixed if quest givers were moved to a location where they would be away from guards.