Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

pvp needs re-balancing

alainjbrennanb16_ESO
alainjbrennanb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom pvp needs a major over haul and it needs it know i know alot here are going to have a go but when a siege weapon does this amount of damage things do need to be sorted, pvp has become nothing more than a siege state the player battles are there but to take a keep etc it is now impossible when siege weapons do this sort of damage

http://i.imgur.com/oF1jbID.png

[Edited to remove names from thread title.]
Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on September 20, 2016 12:25PM
Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont get hit by siege then. L2P
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • noxpox
    noxpox
    Soul Shriven
    Scattershot OP, rest is good. You're in a zerg and dieing to siege...just... https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/292445/no-just-no#latest
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »

Eh...? One of 'those' types of forum posters... Thanks for the constructive input.

Anyway, regarding your concerns OP... I'm assuming you're a vampire. In which case that damage would make sense. Either that, or you were hit possibly by an emperor. Anyway. I personally think ESO's PVP developers have bigger concerns and issues on their plate, than avoidable siege weapons. There are bugs currently in the game that's been around since the beginning of the game, and all types of issues. Gap closers near keeps for example is one, with many more that need to be addressed. My advice to you would be to avoid the red circles, and try to cleanse and or heal yourself immediately when hit. Best of luck to you, OP.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on September 20, 2016 3:46AM
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there is no need for that, why on earth would you, the comment was design to say that the siege weapons hit to hard, they even hit in pvp under lvl 50 the same, so the remark l2p is really not needed, again why be so rude
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there is no need for that, why on earth would you, the comment was design to say that the siege weapons hit to hard, they even hit in pvp under lvl 50 the same, so the remark l2p is really not needed, again why be so rude

Good siege is actually a threat, i much prefer it hitting hard than being how they used to and being ignored.

Not sure what your problem is.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Eh...? One of 'those' types of forum posters... Thanks for the constructive input.

Anyway, regarding your concerns OP... I'm assuming you're a vampire. In which case that damage would make sense. Either that, or you were hit possibly by an emperor. Anyway. I personally think ESO's PVP developers have bigger concerns and issues on their plate, than avoidable siege weapons. There are bugs currently in the game that's been around since the beginning of the game, and all types of issues. Gap closers near keeps for example is one, with many more that need to be addressed. My advice to you would be to avoid the red circles, and try to cleanse and or heal yourself immediately when hit. Best of luck to you, OP.

no i am not a vamp we where in a quest hub handing in quest when they sneaked up behind us and dropped that on us, my concern is that if these things are not sorted pvp will become dead as i know there is alot out there getting feed up with the damage these weapons do and the cheat engines, that was a one shot out of the blue i had no chance i am a raid leader for pvp and know the things wrong with pvp, thank you for your words i just posted this so they are awear that siege weapons are doing extreme damage
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good siege is actually a threat, i much prefer it hitting hard than being how they used to and being ignored.

Not sure what your problem is.

i don't disagree with your point but the fact is that this was in under level 50 pvp where there is no cp points in operation etc so to hit for this amount there is my point to have it hit that hard in the there is crazy
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege should be deadly, avoid the red circles.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »

i understand that but this was in low level or other words non vet pvp
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait a minute... Was this in BwB? If so, then I'm assuming you were killed by someone who had a character that was previously below Lv.50, and then reached Lv.50 within the campaign. Thus putting them at the current max level, and being able to get the most out of their champion points. While also being able to utilize their 'end-game' gear.

It has been said on a few occasions that if you reach max level in BwB, you aren't kicked immediately. And basically you can stay, and continue to PVP as much as you'd like. However upon leaving, you can no longer return to that campaign. This is because you've reached Lv.50.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait a minute... Was this in BwB? If so, then I'm assuming you were killed by someone who had a character that was previously below Lv.50, and then reached Lv.50 within the campaign. Thus putting them at the current max level, and being able to get the most out of their champion points. While also being able to utilize their 'end-game' gear.

It has been said on a few occasions that if you reach max level in BwB, you aren't kicked immediately. And basically you can stay, and continue to PVP as much as you'd like. However upon leaving, you can no longer return to that campaign. This is because you've reached Lv.50.

yes this was in bwb he was only level 7 alliance rank so that says he was not yet level 50 he was probs around level 40, i have several characters i have leveled just in bwb and norm they are alliance level 15 when leaving that area at lvl 50, and was only level 7 allaince rank
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thing is though, they may have vetted out but that doesn't mean they can use their champ points as BWB is a non-CP campaign. Seems to me that the main complaint is in regards to the Cold Harbour Ballista hitting for 29k. Unfortunately, that's just how those particular siege work. They are designed to hit harder than the standard siege because of the effort to actually get them. Sorry OP but asking for that to be balanced won't work as, by all respects, it is balanced.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try using siege on a zerg with a crapton of templars and half way competent players.... Wont work....they heal through it all and purge any dot placed on em. Siege doesnt do enough damage imo.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, this post was made in general forum OP. So please put it where it belongs. (The alliance war forum) Secondly, you were hit by a Cold Fire siege. They drop from dolmens in Cyrodiil, and are anit-personel siege. Lastly, CP's , alliance rank, player level...etc etc. have nothing to do with the damage you took. Your probably seeing the combined damage of the bolt hitting you AND the nasty dot it leaves. My assumption is that you may have lagged a bit or didn't see the dot to cleanse or purge it off yourself, and you died. ZoS doesn't need to change anything. You need to getthe right skill on your bar, or have your healer be...well..better.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Said it before and I'll say it again.

PVP cannot be balllanced. There have become too many variables, and making it ballanced would require for them to destroy the rest of the game ballance wise.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I love how sieges work now at least you can kill someone with it.
    2. Dont trust your death recap completly. It tends to stack damage from the same source so maybe you was hit twice + dot effect? I often have 15k death recap tip even though direct dmg was much lower but due to dot effect it was all stacked.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    Yea how dare that big ass arrow on fire do that kind of damage. Bad bad ballista!
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭

it doesnt matter vet or non vet stay away from red circles,

usually objects flown at you by a strong force tends to hurt.

NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was that an emperor by any chance? Those CH siege hit pretty hard if you don't get purified or, like, stand in the giant red circle. The other ones don't do as much damage (except maybe oil but it's easier to avoid), so it's fine.
    The only real complaint I have with siege is sometimes the AOE circle doesn't appear, so you have to guess where it's going to land
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red circles..avoid them. If you get hit by them...heal. If you're this "raid leader" like you claim in your comments, maybe organize a dedicated healer to people on siege. Have one person in your group using siege shield..there's plenty of options to avoid this damage. Not to mention, this is a cold harbour that requires more time and is harder to obtain, which translates to more damage. I'm guessing you haven't been around long enough to see cold harbours that couldn't be seen being fired at you and you would just die? I'd hate to see your post pre patch to them fixing these "op siege" lol.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on September 20, 2016 1:02PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is what makes me upset. They created battle leveling so some of the new players have a chance in PvP, but yet they allow one side of the map to have over whelming number of players. Please ZOS fix the population balance. Make it fun to play PvP in all campaigns.

In the campaign I play in ( this just an example during prime time ) 2 days ago AD had a pop lock and DC had 2 bars. Yesterday AD had 3 bars and DC had 1 bar. This has been going on for months, and it is not just the campaign I play in. I went over to AS and DC has overwhelming numbers.

I don't understand why ZOS is letting this happen, it creates an unfair advantage and it is not healthy for any campaign to be in this situation.

Please someone fix population balance, or close a campaign forcing people to balance other campaigns.

Edited by vamp_emily on September 20, 2016 1:17PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nota: Scattershot catapults increase the damage of other sieges since the siege revamp (I don't remember the exact percent, but was probably something like 30%), add in CHB ballista - which is one of the hardest hitting ones - and you reach this kind of recap.

If you lead 12+ men groups, you should know that running around without at least 2 dedicated healers / purgers is a bad idea.

On a side note: your maximum stats are very low even accounting battle spirit, some health / magicka or tristat food should help ya reach higher health, leaving more time for healers to save you (or just heal thru the damage yourself).
    Edited by Asmael on September 20, 2016 1:46PM
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom pvp needs a major over haul and it needs it know i know alot here are going to have a go but when a siege weapon does this amount of damage things do need to be sorted, pvp has become nothing more than a siege state the player battles are there but to take a keep etc it is now impossible when siege weapons do this sort of damage

http://i.imgur.com/oF1jbID.png

[Edited to remove names from thread title.]

can you imagine how hard would a real siege weapon full of flaming oil or some frost material hit a real person????

now reconsider your tread...
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday I was talking with someone in PvP, and told them I was leveling a baby tank. And they asked me "how is that was going?"

When i was typing a response I got hit by cold fire, and I said "Well it is going pretty good, as I type this I am getting sieged by cold fire". Well before i finished my response I got hit by another cold fire and thought that would have killed me but guess what.. I survived.

I suggest anyone who is getting hurt by sieges to put more points in to your health so you can survive siege weapons.

Edited by vamp_emily on September 20, 2016 1:46PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you were hit with scattershot so 20% increased damage. Plus, he coldfire is the initial hit plus the dot. cold fire is supposed to hit hard because you cant just get an endless supply from a merchant. Combined with scattershot it will it hard.

Additionally, why didnt you purge? looks like your a nb so you have cloak. slot purge if your a magblade. plus you are in a group so why is your healer not purging?

you can counter siege and have group push toward ballista.

you can sneak over as a nb and burn it.

you an avoid the big red circles.

Not to mention, you are playing a game that has been advertised as large scale siege warfare.

this is certainly a l2p issue for above reasons.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    you were hit with scattershot so 20% increased damage. Plus, he coldfire is the initial hit plus the dot. cold fire is supposed to hit hard because you cant just get an endless supply from a merchant. Combined with scattershot it will it hard.

Additionally, why didnt you purge? looks like your a nb so you have cloak. slot purge if your a magblade. plus you are in a group so why is your healer not purging?

Not to mention, you are playing a game that has been advertised as large scale siege warfare.

retreat maneuvre + cloak (while having CW slotted, even better if you are a vamp). Don't attack the guys holding the siege weapon to avoid losing the speed buff. Burn, 2 or 3 and then watch them more worried about the sneaky NB than the siege.
    An excelent way to delay them.

Double take works too, but you need a lot of magicka.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only problem i have with siege is the fact the sighting system seems broken over half the time.

nothing beats dodging counter siege, getting on your treb - no sights - get off - dodge coldfire countersiege - get back on treb - no sights - rinse/repeat as necessary. (average 4-5 times each shot)

needs fixing, really.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

retreat maneuvre + cloak (while having CW slotted, even better if you are a vamp). Don't attack the guys holding the siege weapon to avoid losing the speed buff. Burn, 2 or 3 and then watch them more worried about the sneaky NB than the siege.

I personally prefer double take. Like to stay in stealth and keep my stealth. But I run 1200 regen and 8% reduction in mag resuction. As stam blade.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I personally prefer double take. Like to stay in stealth and keep my stealth. But I run 1200 regen and 8% reduction in mag resuction. As stam blade.

I like it to. :)
    PS4 NA DC
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah I agree, it's a good use for a magicka Nightblade.