Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

max magicka vs spell power

Caipiroska
Hello guys,
I have a argonian templar magicka and I want to increase my damage. I always thought that spell power was the stat i should focus but recently i noticed that the damage in my skills is higher with more max magicka and less spell power..

So i thought that max magicka was the stat to increase but...then why people put spell power to the rings for example?

i'm confused
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    10.46 magicka is roughly equivalent to 1 spell power.

The reason for putting spell power on rings is that jewelry comes with a trait that cannot be changed and increases either stamina, health or magicka (Robust, Health or Arcane), and that the best enchant you can put on jewelry for damage are spell power glyphs.

So to get the maximum damage possible, you'll need jewelry with the Arcane trait and gold Spell power glyphs.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So both max magicka and spell damage add to your abilities damage etc...

It's roughly 10.1 magicka = the same as 1 spell damage. Some abilities scale a bit more with magicka and some a bit more with spell damage. To get the most of your abilities you want to get both max magicka and spell damage as high as possible
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds