The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(Request) Online Character Sheet

HotToddy
HotToddy
✭✭
I've played my fair share of MMO's and something that many of them featured was 'character sheet'. Just a place to write your character's origin story that others could view if they selected you.

Is this anything you'd like to see the Dev's add to your character window? It is just a place to write text and use your imagination.

There were times were I'd just hang out in a social area to check out player's character stories.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this would be cool haha. I remember the first character I created and the back story I gave him. I think it would be fun to read others, even the troll ones that say they slept with my mother haha
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not in to the RP aspect as much as others, but i do choose themes when crating a character,

eg; mageBlade (Black Sabboth) is a teenage girl with gray hair, & a melancholic personality. she has seen some very very bad things and as a result is excessivley muscular heavily tatood and has a worrying fascination with cyromancy

so a place to quickly express that (other than here of course) would be nice
    Edited by bebynnag on September 20, 2016 12:52PM
  • Cambruin
    Cambruin
    ✭✭✭
    They'd have to allow others to /inspect you then, a mechanic ESO does not have :neutral: Wish they'd allow for it though, I loved putting my bio up in LotRO. I loved reading other's even more.

This game has excellent atmosphere, perfect setting for RP -if you manage to ignore some of the silly names as well as the perpetual crouching and killing of NPCs- and now with the addition of personalities they added a very fine way to personalize your character further, however, they lack 2 important thins to allow full immersion; outfits (no, costumes are nót outfits) and a tab for a biography of sorts, the latter being nice but not necessary.
  • HotToddy
    HotToddy
    ✭✭
    Cambruin wrote: »
    They'd have to allow others to /inspect you then, a mechanic ESO does not have :neutral: Wish they'd allow for it though, I loved putting my bio up in LotRO. I loved reading other's even more.

This game has excellent atmosphere, perfect setting for RP -if you manage to ignore some of the silly names as well as the perpetual crouching and killing of NPCs- and now with the addition of personalities they added a very fine way to personalize your character further, however, they lack 2 important thins to allow full immersion; outfits (no, costumes are nót outfits) and a tab for a biography of sorts, the latter being nice but not necessary.

The 'inspect' button would have to be a given if they created a customizable character sheet window (reading other player's stories is the top piece of bread on the fun sandwich!).

Besides, another really fun thing to include when 'inspecting' another player should be the ability to check out their badges, achievements, etc.

It gives players who want to be social ammo to strike up conversation - "Hey, how did you get that badge of awesomeness'. Many MMO's I've played had this feature - I kind of miss it.
    Edited by HotToddy on September 22, 2016 12:25AM
  • HotToddy
    HotToddy
    ✭✭
    Im not in to the RP aspect as much as others, but i do choose themes when crating a character,

eg; mageBlade (Black Sabboth) is a teenage girl with gray hair, & a melancholic personality. she has seen some very very bad things and as a result is excessivley muscular heavily tatood and has a worrying fascination with cyromancy

so a place to quickly express that (other than here of course) would be nice

Haha! See - that's what I'm talking about. Great character story! I could spend hours in a tavern just reading character origin stories made by other players. Super fun!