Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug keeps getting me killed in PVP/PVE content (Dual-Wield related??)

Snape2255
Snape2255
✭✭✭
Hey there,

Just want to show you all a bug that I've been getting since the last patch. It's getting extremely frustrating and it's getting me killed regularly in PVP and sometimes hits me in PVE (Maelstrom etc.) I've compiled a video of a few clips where this bug has effected me.

I am unaware of what triggers it. I assume it's something to do with Dual Wield and Flurry (as it seems to be happening whilst using that skill, and someone else noted that it happens to them sometimes whilst using Flurry).

It basically stops you using any skills or block or anything. I'm not even sure what fixes it. Sometimes a simple bar swap + dodge roll fixes it, sometimes I have to run out of stamina, and sometimes I can simply block or something to stop it. It also seems to make me permanently sprint during the entire bug, perhaps that's relevant?

Please be warned there is quite a bit of foul language in the video, none of it is truly malicious just either general frustration or casual use of curse words. Please don't get offended by anything said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY_70yoqpxs

I hope someone can give me some insight to this, or the devs can find a fix for this.

Thanks.

Regards,

Snape
The name is Snape. Full time Banana fighting for his Queen and Country. Favourite hobby; killing the cowardly Covenant and Pact infidels threat.

Predominantly PVP based player running various characters. Mostly Magicka Templar, Magicka Sorcerer and Stamina Templar.

Proud Right-Hand Man of The Saints Knights and Sergeant-At-Arms of The Yellow Army.
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    I would just like to provide an update.

I have actually found a fix for the bug and a trigger to why it occurs. It's sprinting.

It seems that when I use Flurry something triggers my character to do a continuous sprint, where I cannot use skills etc. To fix it I have to click down L3 (Sprint) to cancel it, then it works fine again. This has stopped the bug 100% of the time since I've been testing it. I noticed this when I tried using a potion during the bug and it said "You cannot do this while sprinting."

Now I'm not sure WHY it triggers it or how to stop it, but at least now I've found the problem and conceived a solution. If this helps you guys patch this, that'll be awesome.

Thanks.
    The name is Snape. Full time Banana fighting for his Queen and Country. Favourite hobby; killing the cowardly Covenant and Pact infidels threat.

Predominantly PVP based player running various characters. Mostly Magicka Templar, Magicka Sorcerer and Stamina Templar.

Proud Right-Hand Man of The Saints Knights and Sergeant-At-Arms of The Yellow Army.
  • Vereaux078
    Vereaux078
    ✭✭
    What sets are you running on this character? Maybe a set is bugged or just the skill(s). What race are you using?