The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can we please have a Legacy (pre-Orsinium) non-vet campaign?

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The pre-Orsinium blackwater blade campaign is what made me fall in love with PVP. So many great memories. I don't want this campaign simply for selfish reasons though. A few of the benefits it provided were:
  • Hybrid builds were super viable
  • Everyones base stats were the same
  • Damage and healing was not out of control
  • You could safely go in there with lvl 10 armor and make it all the way to 50 without re-crafting
  • The fights were far more interesting because of the different build varieties
  • Crafted armor was pretty awesome. Quite a few actually ran sets like Willows Path. Hell, I remember running Ashen Grip =D
  • Server performance was so good
  • It was truly a great place for newer players to experience PVP for the first time.

The last point is probably the most important. Even a complete nooblet would not get insta killed, because gear was not such a huge factor. A set of green armor would have the same stats as purple ones. Let's be honest, not all newer players are able to afford re-crafting and improving their gear every 4 levels like veteran players in non-vet do.
PVP back then was a lot more friendlier than it is today. Still competitive, but much less hostility and bickering. Probably because many of the points I listed above.
I truly believe a pre-Orsinium campaign would be good for ESO, and I really like watermelon.

Please consider it ZOS.

Much love.
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree at least gear shouldn't degrade in effectiveness so quickly. I currently recraft new blue armour and purple weapons every 6 levels. In PVE I can quest fine in gear that's 20 levels out of date without issues.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forztr wrote: »
    I agree at least gear shouldn't degrade in effectiveness so quickly. I currently recraft new blue armour and purple weapons every 6 levels. In PVE I can quest fine in gear that's 20 levels out of date without issues.

Yeah, I mean they don't even have to implement an entire legacy campaign. Just one with a few of the traits that made it great and newb friendly. The gear effectiveness is definitely an important one. If you're new to the game, you're probably going in there with absolute crap and non-set pieces. You don't stand a chance against vets with 4-5k weapon damage and Alchemist. BwB went from a tame place where people could learn to PVP, to a mini-vet campaign where they don't even get a chance to fight back, so find their way to the nearest wayshrine.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legacy battle leveling without CP will make me try cyrodiil again
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd play there.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs to be pre-IC (1.6). The 50% battle spirit reduction was horrible with the way the old battle levelling worked.

It's about as likely to happen as PvP lag ever getting fixed, but hey.