The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka NB build help

bsupino
bsupino
Hey all,
I've done most of the content with Stam NB and Sorc, mostly PVE an enough PvP to get Proxy and AP to buy helms. Even though I was able to complete once vMA and do some PvP I decided to try a magicka NB hearing it is easier to farm vMA on magicka build and I've been enjoying more PvP with a magblade.

That being said, I haven't seen any DB and SotHist updated magblade build. Anyone has a strong vMA build and a PvP build so I can aim for ? (currently running High elf)

Thanks
  • Fenrlr
    Fenrlr
    ✭✭✭
    Hi.
    When i started doing vma i just found some stuff on youtube, because i mostly pvp and didnt know what was good in pve.
    I found a this build made by Deltia.
    I tweaked it a bit since i didnt have maelstrom wpns at that time, i think i ran :
    5twiceborn, 2torug, 1kena. thief and shadow mundus and willpower jewelry whit alll spelldmg glyphs.
    It worked quite well once i learned the fights.
    You might feel a bit squishy at start if not know the fights etc :)
    This build is outdated tho, i havent played after this hist patch and i dont know if this will work now, im hearing somethings about changes to regen, so it might get to low idk.
    But i think twiceborn set is still a sure thing you can use, and then adjust your regen/dmg to your liking with the other available slots or glyphs on jewelry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXKzazo-nU
    Lynxa - Nightblade - EU - PC
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    I would also check out Sharmony's builds on youtube. They are also a bit outdated as I also haven't seen a magblade build for vMSA for this patch yet, but the majority of it is still viable.
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • Nichts
    Nichts
    ✭✭✭
    I can tell you, how I play it. It is not perfect, but I don't want to reach for 600k points as andy does.
    With that build I achieve around 510-520k points, which is enough for the weekly.
    Highest was around 535k points.

http://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/build/nightblade/magicka-nightblade-db-update-maelstromarena-500k/12613/

( This is not a guide, I only use skillfactory for my guides in our guild forum.)

If you would want to get higher points:
    - Use the other morph of Funnel Health
    - Exchange Teleport Strike with Inner Light
    - Exchange Harness Magicka with the Healing Morph of Twisted Path

If you want to play more save:
    - Exchange the destruction staff of the second bar with a restoration staff.
    - Exchange Harness Magicka with Healing Ward
    - Exchange Shooting Star with Soul Tether

I don't want to remorph my skills all the time, since I play mainly group content.
    Also I want to do it as fast as possible, since vMA is very boring. Especially since they introduced so many crap items.
    That is why I play as stated in the link above.

For mechanics of the arena, just watch any youtube video, or ask me for hints.
    Edited by Nichts on August 15, 2016 9:19AM
    EU-Server @Nichts
    Sanyarin'Donnerblatt - PvE Magicka Nightblade ⇒ Guide
    Sanyarin'Donneraether - PvP Magicka Nightblade
    Sanyarin'Donnerstahl - PvE Tank Nightblade
    Sanyarina'Donnerwasser - PvP Heal/Tank Templar / PvE Healer

• bsupino
    bsupino
    @Nichts Thanks, that sounds a lot like what i'm building. Do you mind sharing your thoughts on CP ?
    I'm on 435Cp.

Thanks
  • Nichts
    Nichts
    ✭✭✭
    Optimal by asyre would be:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zp9v1Vp4Z7X6zfDfcxTwyAnejv-tEC5LujbXYBiVMDk/edit#gid=599371859

I trust his calculations in:
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/pts-2-1-2-sorcerer-arithmagic/

But I use:
    Elemental Expert: 96
    Elfborn: 18
    Spell Erosion: 6
    Thaumaturge: 57

I distributed some points from Thaumaturge to Elemental Expert, because I want to have arcane well.
    Elfborn has some jumppoints, so be carefull about these distributions.

Red:
    Thick skinned: 21
    Hardy: 55
    Elemental Defender: 80
    Quick Recovery: 21

Green:
    Magician: 100
    Arcanist: 77

Edited by Nichts on August 15, 2016 10:04PM
    EU-Server @Nichts

• pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nicths

on a second bar, why teleport strike and not another Inner Light? especially since you have Meteor on it?
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • bsupino
    bsupino
    @Nichts finally tried this build um vMA today. Not fully optmized since I don't have undaunted maxed, my Kena Mask is impenetrable and my gear is all purple.

I'm actually optimistic right now but Wanted some help. The first 4 arenas i've done Very quickly (for my standards) In about 40 min (took me like 15min on the dwarven spider boss)
    Now I'm starting the frozen Stage and tried a few times and it seems Im not hitting hard enough to kill the mobs,. My swallow soul spammable was hitting like a Truck up to now , but seems squishy In the rink. Will try again tomorrow, but If You can share Your srategy for this arena would be awesome.
  • Nichts
    Nichts
    ✭✭✭
    bsupino wrote: »
    @Nichts finally tried this build um vMA today. Not fully optmized since I don't have undaunted maxed, my Kena Mask is impenetrable and my gear is all purple.

I'm actually optimistic right now but Wanted some help. The first 4 arenas i've done Very quickly (for my standards) In about 40 min (took me like 15min on the dwarven spider boss)
    Now I'm starting the frozen Stage and tried a few times and it seems Im not hitting hard enough to kill the mobs,. My swallow soul spammable was hitting like a Truck up to now , but seems squishy In the rink. Will try again tomorrow, but If You can share Your srategy for this arena would be awesome.

Lately several people asked me about how I do this stage and that stage.
    But I am not really good in the Arena.

Even though I recorded my run today. Maybe it is more helpful to see a video of a normal player, compared to andi.s .

I added some annotations to all parts where I had and still have difficulties.
    If you still have questions, don't hesitate and contact me ingame.

(I tried some different setup [path in, jump out], so in the first two stages I look like an idiot.)
    Edited by Nichts on September 2, 2016 1:07AM
    EU-Server @Nichts

• clv
    clv
    ✭✭✭
    sit in your path while funnelling and it outheals all damage instances of vma
  • Drevick
    Drevick
    ✭✭
    Those videos were very helpful. Thanks @Nichts
    Drevick Val'Varren
    Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade
    CP 300ish