Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The lack of men costumes in Crownstore is distrubing

raidentenshu_ESO
raidentenshu_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Not including the multiple armor costumes theirs total of 10 women costumes in the Crown store and only 6 of which are men. What's going on here, ZoS? Why the lack of men costumes?
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was thinking it may be because women spend more on clothing than men, but according to a Google search I just did, actually men spend more on clothing. So good question, why are there more Women oriented fashions on the crown store?
    Edited by Ashtaris on September 15, 2016 4:02PM
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess it as a few reasons:
    1) Shemales. Men playing female characters.
    2) Women are usually more interested in fashion than men. Note: Usually.
    3) Men can wear female costumes and vica versa. My female templar loves the Eternity Tunic. It got more boobs than most of the female costumes - so why not? -chirps-.
    4) My templar looks amazing in female clothing, even though it's male.

qutdLJE.png
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually, the number of female and male costumes datamined are about the same: Three of each with a racial theme, plus a bunch of standalone outfits that are for both. I don't know why they seem to be putting the dresses out first.

But hey, at least you don't get a deformed female chest instead of a male chest on male characters. Three of the "female" costumes deform the female chest completely (all the Breton ones, one was already removed from the store); they might be "female", but they use a deformed the male model. Same for a ton of armor. There was a huge thread about it months ago.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    one thing worth noting is that the town gown is a toga, that might be something that, ZOS considers unisex
  • xellink
    xellink
    ✭✭✭
    Not including the multiple armor costumes theirs total of 10 women costumes in the Crown store and only 6 of which are men. What's going on here, ZoS? Why the lack of men costumes?

You kinda need to fix that in real life departmental stores and shopping malls first.... Or you need to fix women shopping habits.

Both cannot be achieved with a single patch.
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously wanting this to come out, but I do find it out of the ordinary that there is 3 imperial female outfits and only 1 that's currently out.
    Crown-Costume-Imerial-Male-High.png
    I want to drop some crowns on the pirate outfit set but idk if it'll make a surprise introduction to the crown store.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it simply means they want the men to wear dresses too.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why cant the same costume have male and female version depending on the gender thats wearing it?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a dark elf Male i prefer the Finer Clothing to show off. and i prefer it to be Male clothing.
    i simply have no interest in wearing Women's clothing.
    i really only have 2 choices for evening and dining wear, and that is the Male wedding suit, and the Noble suit.
    so by saying we have 6 choices is not the way i see it.
    i can only wish and hope for a fine clother' to start creating Male clothing in more Abundance.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Why cant the same costume have male and female version depending on the gender thats wearing it?

^ This. ^
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I typically don't care about this kind of stuff, but I did notice this the other day. I hate the way one of my characters look but I'm not rerolling so I looked at the costumes and only a quarter or even less of them were for male characters.

rip decibel
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously wanting this to come out, but I do find it out of the ordinary that there is 3 imperial female outfits and only 1 that's currently out.
    Crown-Costume-Imerial-Male-High.png
    I want to drop some crowns on the pirate outfit set but idk if it'll make a surprise introduction to the crown store.

I don't know what to think about that costume. I just don't know anymore. I just don't know.