The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DK Tanking in Update 11 - By Woeler

Woeler
Woeler
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Since I posted the first kills on hard mode AA and hard mode HRC videos I've been getting countless requests on "my build". So here's a vid for y'all.

Skills, Gear and general Setup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upYhwqV8tvA

Addons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG-OhHn8xs4
Edited by Woeler on August 17, 2016 12:17AM
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, very informative.

What is your opinion about Minor Aegis in general and Lunar bastion in particular?

Gtz on the hard modes.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    caperon wrote: »
    Hi there, very informative.

What is your opinion about Minor Aegis in general and Lunar bastion in particular?

Gtz on the hard modes.

Hey,

Thanks first of all.

About the minor Aegis: No, I do not think minor Aegis is worth it. 5% is not a lot. Also the sets that have minor aegis on them have sh!tty stats on the other bonuses as well. And believe me, I'd wear lunar bastion if it was viable, because I love how it looks.

Then there is the 5piece of lunar bastion which WOULD BE interesting if the shield actually stacked... but it doesn't. Meaning that if an ally gets the shield and doesn't get damage, he doesn't get another 2k shield on top of the previous 2k. He just gets a new 2k shield and the old one disappears. Really stupid imo.
  • Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Woeler thx alot for this fine guide. Very helpful!

Regarding vampirism, do you stay in stage 4 all the time?
    And is the fire vulnerability not an issue, or how do you counter/balance it?
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rhazmuz wrote: »

Yep I stay stage 4 all the time. Can't bother to feed. And no, the fire damage is not significant.
  • Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »

Yep I stay stage 4 all the time. Can't bother to feed. And no, the fire damage is not significant.

Cheers Mate :) Guess I will have to become a vampire then
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
  • raaphor
    raaphor
    ✭✭✭
    Great info! Also, never considered vampirism for my tank as I thought it would make me too vulnerable but have to find out if it suits my play style.
    EU/PC - 9 max level characters (DC)
    NA/PC - 2 characters (AD)
  • Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    I have bookmarked to watch later. I'm positive it'll be worth after watching a few mins. Must sleep
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.
  • rob_ber
    rob_ber
    ✭✭✭
    @Woeler, first off all congratz on HM!

Let me just say this. I'm tanking for long long time (was magica DK tank). Your video made me rethink my build. After tweaks and changes my overall contribution to the group really improved. Thank you for great info!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Been here for too long
    PC EU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great guide Woeler! Very detailed!!

I like how you explain why you use or do what you do and agree with... most of your explanations. :)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Woeler, first off all congratz on HM!

Let me just say this. I'm tanking for long long time (was magica DK tank). Your video made me rethink my build. After tweaks and changes my overall contribution to the group really improved. Thank you for great info!
    Great guide Woeler! Very detailed!!

I like how you explain why you use or do what you do and agree with... most of your explanations. :)

Thanks guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG-OhHn8xs4
  • Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Woeler , know this is asking soon, but seeing the new sets from One Tamriel, you still think Tava + either Alkosh or Ebon is the way to go?
    Edited by Rhazmuz on September 3, 2016 6:47AM
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Woeler great post mate.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Woeler , know this is asking soon, but seeing the new sets from One Tamriel, you still think Tava + either Alkosh or Ebon is the way to go?

I will be making a follow up video soon.