Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 12 Guide: Return to Craglorn"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
c2f9d9bf4d23508f16cd01231a003b0a.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Update 12 Guide: Return to Craglorn. Learn about all the changes coming to Craglorn with the launch of Update 12!

Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope the plot hasn't been significantly changed. :o I love the Craglorn story.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    I hope the plot hasn't been significantly changed. :o I love the Craglorn story.

Rest easy, it hasn't! :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

*cheers* <3
  • leo2kp_ESO
    leo2kp_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Has the loot changed? Will solo players have a chance at the same drops?
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So excited for this. I've done bits and pieces of Craglorn but now I'll actually be able to finish the story line.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for some challenging overland solo content! Woo!
  • kairaithin37
    kairaithin37
    Soul Shriven
    This is going to be great. I have wandered into Craglorn here and there but I never have a group. So glad to be able to solo it soon. :)
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is going to be great. I have wandered into Craglorn here and there but I never have a group. So glad to be able to solo it soon. :)

Are you just a solo player?

I do both. I'll probably do the questline alone on my main and then on my Alts do them with friends

• alefry93
    alefry93
    ✭✭
    Finally a good idea, the free exploration of the areas due to the scaling of levels, makes the gaming experience much more suited to a mmo like this, and reflects the spirit of adventure typical of TES serie, to be free to explore as you wish.
    Good job Zenimax.
  • Demonslayer004
    Demonslayer004
    Soul Shriven
    Is there a planned date for this update?
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice. Some of the best lore in the game. Great to see another take on the cycle of kalpas.
  • koendrenthe8neb18_ESO
    Finally getting to know craglorn, awesome :D.

Kayila is my main bae - lvl 50-> - stamina nightblade pve - Bosmer - but for the covenant - With me since day 1.
    Qorith is my invention - lvl 50-> - stamina sorcerer - pvp - Breton - sorcies are fun to play.
    Zinfaren is my gardener lvl 50-> - magicka warden healer - Bosmer - all within nature's grasp.
    Alayaan is my priestess lvl 50-> - magicka templar healer - Breton - Gifts from the Gods.
    Bryenh is my summoner lvl 50-> - magicka sorcerer solo - Breton - Summons an army to defeat an army.
    Mareiss is my shield of ice lvl 50-> - magicka warden tank - Nord - Keeps allies safe with freezing cold.
    Mindra Attiel is my defence beyond death lvl 50-> - magicka necromancer tank - Breton - What is dead can never die.
    Palarain is my rally howl lvl 50-> - stamina templar pve - Redguard - Unleash the wolf within.
    Saalynna is my elemental smile lvl 50-> - magicka sorcerer pve - Breton - It's raining fireballs and lightning strikes.
    Viryne is my flame in the darkness lvl 50-> - magicka dragonknight pve - Dunmer - Nothing a little bit of fire won't fix.
    Viola Nobleborn is my rock lvl 50-> - stamina dragonknight tank - Imperial - From a noble family to a noble cause.
    Ariviane is my chaos unleashed lvl 50-> - magicka necromancer pve - Breton - There's no such thing as casualties.
    Kaystin is my pumping heart lvl 50-> - magicka nightblade pve - Breton - innocent with a bloody appetite.
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    The group content is what made the zone special. It's the zone that contains the original Trials for a reason. It was all about group content. If you're a solo player it wasn't for you. There's enough solo content and more to come. From what was said at PAX, Craglorn is the first and last Adventure Zone ESO will every have.

Whats funny is the concepts that worked in Craglorn (World Boss/Dungeon style events) have been moved to the solo zones, originally with Ors (and with update 12 the rest of the zones), after they worked well in IC, proving that the content wasn't the issue. It was the incentives to do the content.

Reading this makes it sound like just the main quest line was made 2 man, but some of those quest took you through the dailies and delves. Hopefully they weren't affected to much.

I loved Craglorn. Hopefully it still feels the same.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essiaga wrote: »
    Whats funny is the concepts that worked in Craglorn (World Boss/Dungeon style events) have been moved to the solo zones, originally with Ors (and with update 12 the rest of the zones), after they worked well in IC, proving that the content wasn't the issue. It was the incentives to do the content.

???
    What "IC concept" has been implement in Orsinium "after it worked well in IC" ? I don't see anything in Orsinium that even remotely resembles anything in IC.
    Besides, world bosses and dungeons are two entirely different things.
    The "grouping" you see in Wrothgar and Gold Coast for World Bosses (+arena, +mino, +poa, + ogre, etc.) is not actual group play. It's more "solo stacking" and the vast majority of those players are solo players.
    Dungeons are a different thing entirely and require, at least in their vet version, coordinated group play with roles and teamwork.

But I agree with you that regardless of content, people will not do dailies for 300g or 600g reward, there needs to be something worth collecting or farming in the quest rewards.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 17, 2016 9:08AM
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: never mind
    Edited by The Uninvited on September 21, 2016 7:39AM
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Jorotarr
    Jorotarr
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else having trouble accessing the article? I enter the birthday but it just takes me to the main page.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Joromarr *checks* It's working fine for me. :\ What browser are you in and what device type are you using?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm very excited to be able to fully explore Craglorn. I and my hubby will be playing through the content together. :)

I've read many posts by players complaining that they couldn't get a group together, since for some of the quests, phasing prevented players who had already completed it from helping those who hadn't. Now, with the update, you can go it alone and experience a good challenge, or just find one other player to go through it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I've read many posts by players complaining that they couldn't get a group together, since for some of the quests, phasing prevented players who had already completed it from helping those who hadn't. Now, with the update, you can go it alone and experience a good challenge, or just find one other player to go through it.

@Jayne_Doe

They fixed the Phasing Issues, so that now people can help who have done some or all of the content previously. You just have to be grouped with the player who has the quests. I have helped with lots of people in getting through that content so much so that I repeated it on one of my characters like 5 times. Oddly enough, I have only one character who has done both Upper and Lower Craglorn, I have 4 who have done either Upper (except for last dungeon) or Lower but not both.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Nestor

Ahh...I didn't realize that they already addressed the phasing issues. Good to know. Still, I'm looking forward to going through all of this with my hubby once One Tamriel hits. We've got characters in different alliances that we'd like to play, so this will allow us both to use our mains. :)
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 19, 2016 6:33PM
  • Raaneesi
    Raaneesi
    Soul Shriven
    I understand why some people will be happy with changes to Craglorn but I am not one. How many zones do we have made for solo players? How many for groups?

It's great to have a zone that spanks you in the face and is not the same as every other zone in the game. I just don't see why it needs to be changed and makes me fear that we will not get another " group " zone in the future.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any official release date?
    NA/PC
  • rudai123
    rudai123
    Maybe I'm in the minority here, but trying being able to have a group of 2 or 3 can be a lot easier to find. The more ESO can do to help the casual player to have fun with a buddy of theirs, the better. Waiting for a group of 4 with a Healer, 2 DPSs, and a Tank takes a long time.
    Hopefully Craglorn will provide this non-normal grouping challenge.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even the heavy armor tanks in the pic are using dual wield. :/

I checked out a bit of Craglorn on PTS and I will say just one thing, not all of it can be solo'd as it will squash you into Oblivion through sheer force. There are many areas where it will say on screen 'Entering Group Area' where you can expect some real opposition. World Bosses are now clearly marked though so your not just suddenly surprised when a boss is in your face like before lol. I worry about the Nirnhorn trait stones though, I tried gathering some to see how the rate was, and well.. I didn't find any. But the Rubedite, and Ancestor Silk was very abundant so.. there's that.

I advise anyone who hasn't to look on PTS if you're able, aside from Craglorns changes World Bosses and Dolmens have been revamped and toughened up. Well.. maybe not Dolmens those were still easily soloable, but I would expect to see some tears flow in zone chat over the World Boss changes. Not saying I did not enjoy the new difficulty of them at all, but soloing them is not going to be an option for a lot of casual players.
    love is love
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    c2f9d9bf4d23508f16cd01231a003b0a.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Update 12 Guide: Return to Craglorn. Learn about all the changes coming to Craglorn with the launch of Update 12!

Please, correct Yokudan weapons.

OXFpYl6y_Zw.jpg
  • HickGamer
    HickGamer
    Ok, not sure if this thread is still being monitored or not, but I'll ask here anyway. I've been to Craglorn on my main and "tried" to get a full complete clear of the zone,....needless to say, I was surprised to learn that only the main quest (as far as I can tell) had been scaled down for solo play. I would love to complete all of the delves and dulmans in the area, but it doesn't seem like that will be possible for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that I can finally complete the main quest out there, but I'd love to do all there is to do without having to group up. Every other zone in the game (all 3 factions) is easy to solo on my worst day, even public delves don't require another player to clear. Why didn't ZOS down-scale everything in Craglorn? If you did, please let me know as I've no notion as to what can and can't be done alone. I along with a ton of other people can't find a decent guild to run with, and pug groups that are actively running around in Craglorn right now are made up of their own guilds for the most part. As a whole, I love the changes in the One T patch, just need some clarification on Craglorn.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only the quests necessary for the main questline were toned down, and even some bosses in delves that house quest objectives are not meant to be soloed. But on the plus side, the next update is going to bring some new farmable swag to Craglorn, so I would use that as an opportunity to find some groups to clear bosses and dungeons.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necroing a PTS post, :tired_face: