Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

nTrials and low level Motif farming ...

Essiaga
Essiaga
✭✭✭✭
Fixed an issue where loot from certain bosses in the Aetherian Archive and in Hel Ra Citadel would not scale below CP10.

I'm rather upset I spent crown on the MoL DLC. I feel completely cheated because I can't find groups for this content at my level, which is CP 160+. The only groups I can find are level 10 motif farming runs.

Why does content scale down when players are scaled up? I've done nSO with lvl 37 tank.

Is this still going to be possible with Update 12 or is ZOS going to close the loop hole that's making this DLC and all nTrials unplayable in the future. I know there's always vTrials but that content hasn't proved any easier to find.

When Update 12 brings BOP gear to all trials no one who has that trial's dropped gear will run any normal Trial scaled to 160 again. They'll scale to the lowest level available and blow through it for the motifs only. Those of us poor suckers who are still farming our "trials gear" will be fewer and hard to find, and suffer lower quality drops. ZOS want players to do the content but they're willing take a way the incentive to do the content at max level and beyond that last needed drop.

Does ZOS really want content players graduate from, leaving fewer players to group with? Isn't update 12 trying to bring new life to zones players out grew?

(Note: I don't care for solo content in Thieves Guild. I'm no longer exited by the stories. I want things to do with people in game. Dungeons, Trials Adventure Zones. All of those are taking a hit or being converted to still more solo content in Update 12.)
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does no one else think its BS that content can be scaled down to make farming gold easier, leaving players unable to find cp160 scaled groups?
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think there's something wrong with that, since all the boss drops except the coffer arent scaled to farmer's level, and the coffers have a cooldown.
    At least, downscaling for pledges was always possible (and quite popular for more difficult ones, like pre-nerf ICP). Unlike infamous lvl 47 Sanctum or DSA runs, its a sort of tradeoff: people get an easy key, but they wont get level appropriate loot.

P.S. Ive done vMoL many times, but I really dont care about the motifs being sold for cheap. If they were vet-mode exclusive, then I would agree, but as is nMoL is puggable and there's nothing special in completing it at cp160. Also I think that limiting it to cp160 would exclude new players which isnt a good thing to begin with... Even vMA weps can be obtained at low cps.
    Essiaga wrote: »
    Does no one else think its BS that content can be scaled down to make farming gold easier, leaving players unable to find cp160 scaled groups?

No, cause there are valuable cp160 drops - moondancer, alkosh, worm/ebon jewelry...
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on September 15, 2016 1:11AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Gallifreyy
    Gallifreyy
    ✭✭✭
    I just find it funny more often than not the people that clear VMoL have no problem with nMoL being scaled down for motifs and all the people that complain have never had a complete and complain they can never get a group to do VMoL or nMoL. In my opinion i do not see an issue with down scaled content if it isn't giving you (1) max level BiS gear (2) leader board times (3) achievements and skins. We work hard for those things.
    CP1000+
    Gallifreyy - DragonKnight - Imperial - EP
    Death by Tray - Nightblade - Dunmer - EP
    Moustacheasaurs - Templar - Dunmer - EP
    Zerief - Sorcerer - High Elf - EP
    Afro Leap - DragonKnight - Redguard - DC
    + 4 other Lvl 50s
    DK IS BACK
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It might be scaling down now but come October, it won't be doing that anymore so really cares if people are farming motifs using the downscaling. Also, to remedy your issue with not being able to find groups, look for some trial guilds that offer normal mode training runs. Ignore the standard PvE guilds doing them and the offerings in zone chat.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    It might be scaling down now but come October, it won't be doing that anymore so really cares if people are farming motifs using the downscaling. Also, to remedy your issue with not being able to find groups, look for some trial guilds that offer normal mode training runs. Ignore the standard PvE guilds doing them and the offerings in zone chat.

Does content no longer scale down on PTS? That's what I'm looking for conformation on. The quote from Gina could be as lower level in 160 scaled content or as 160 in a 110 scaled content.

I'd love an invite to trials guild. The guilds i've run trials with are no longer running MoL. They're farming nSO over and over and over ... I'm kinda tired of the cave and would like to complete my jewelry from MoL since after 2-3 months I don't have a single jewelry pc from SO.
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    At least you have ran NSO a few times. Im still waiting on just completing it once as im trying to find a Trial Guild which will accept new Trial players. Ah well i get there one day i hope
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least you have ran NSO a few times. Im still waiting on just completing it once as im trying to find a Trial Guild which will accept new Trial players. Ah well i get there one day i hope

nTrials are done by pick up groups.

Most trading guilds run them, aside from MoL because it's the only one were the mechanics can still cause problems for groups, and it also drops really limited gear, where as SO, AA, HR all drop VO, IA, Yokuda, and a whole mess of other gear (viper, sun, worm, elegance, etc) that sells well in guild vendors and zone chat.

The most valuable items in MoL are the motifs, so scaling to lvl 10 makes them easy to farm, but hard to acquire actually useful pieces.
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭

Most trading guilds run them, aside from MoL because it's the only one were the mechanics can still cause problems for groups, and it also drops really limited gear, where as SO, AA, HR all drop VO, IA, Yokuda, and a whole mess of other gear (viper, sun, worm, elegance, etc) that sells well in guild vendors and zone chat.

The most valuable items in MoL are the motifs, so scaling to lvl 10 makes them easy to farm, but hard to find people willing run at max level so the drops would actually be useful.

... and if by a few times you mean several times a day for the past 3 months, across 5 characters for urns, then yes I've run it a few times, and still have yet to have a jewelry pcs drop. In that time I know people who have jewelry sets for multiple toons. I haven't even been part of a group thats had a jewelry pc in the past week or 2. I'm beginning to think ZOS lowered their drop rate.

MoL I've probably run 1/75th as much, but I see the daily motif groups called out every day.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The most valuable items in MoL are the motifs, so scaling to lvl 10 makes them easy to farm, but hard to find people willing run at max level so the drops would actually be useful.

... and if by a few times you mean several times a day for the past 3 months, across 5 characters for urns, then yes I've run it a few times, and still have yet to have a jewelry pcs drop. In that time I know people who have jewelry sets for multiple toons. I haven't even been part of a group thats had a jewelry pc in the past week or 2. I'm beginning to think ZOS lowered their drop rate.

MoL I've probably run 1/75th as much, but I see the daily motif groups called out every day.

You can only get one coffer per character per week. There are no daily motifs as you allege.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

You can only get one coffer per character per week. There are no daily motifs as you allege.

Motifs are being farmed ever day of the week, so you could easily get a group any day and every day of the week, or daily. Much easier to find motif runs than 160 scaled runs.

You can get them on each character with 8 slots and the option to buy more. I run 5 toons to get urns in nTrials, but always scaled 160.
    Edited by Essiaga on September 22, 2016 2:01AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Does content no longer scale down on PTS? That's what I'm looking for conformation on. The quote from Gina could be as lower level in 160 scaled content or as 160 in a 110 scaled content.

I'd love an invite to trials guild. The guilds i've run trials with are no longer running MoL. They're farming nSO over and over and over ... I'm kinda tired of the cave and would like to complete my jewelry from MoL since after 2-3 months I don't have a single jewelry pc from SO.

That quote from Gina applies to the live game as it stands now. But with One Tamriel in October, all content is CR160 and all players below that are scaled up similar to how group dungeons are done now.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No longer possible in OneTamriel. Hooray! Finally actual effort for actual rewards.
    Edited by Woeler on September 23, 2016 11:51AM