Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

maelstrom weapons trait help

Caipiroska
Guys finally i can beat the arena and i've done it like 10 times.
Now i'm looking for good weapons but i'm not sure about the traits...

What trait is good for each weapon?
For example i got a lighting destruction staff yesterday (i was looking for a destro staff) and the trait is nirnhoned, but people is saying that it is useless now... so should i be happy or not with my destro? ofc sharpened would be better but is nirnhoned that bad?

as far as i know:
destruction staff: sharpened
resto staff : precise ?
dagger: ?
sword: ?
shield: ?
mace: ?
axe: ?
bow: ?

thanks
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For restro: powered or presice, sharpened for everything else.
  • Caipiroska
    What if I use a dual dagger assasin ?

dual sharpened?
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destro: Sharpened]
    Resto: Precise
    dagger: Sharpened/Precise
    sword: Decon Trash
    shield: Decon Trash
    mace: Decon Trash
    axe: Sharpened/Precise
    bow: Sharpened

The Sword and Shield are basically worthless. They do not bring much in terms for tank builds since they do not complete sets. Most tanks are looking for Ebon, Alkosh, Dragon, or Werewolf Hide 1H1S to pair with jewelry to get the powerful 5 pc bonuses on top of Tavas/Bloodspawn.

Some people are testing the bow as I have heard there are some strange things going on when bar swapping, but I cannot confirm any concrete results. As far as I know Sharpened is the best and the way to go. It is a Best in Slot back bar weapon for stamina PVE DPS.

DW weapons are also Best in Slot for stamina DPS, especially in trials. The latest and greatest setup is 1 axe and 1 dagger (1 precise, 1 Sharpened)

Precise Resto is best.

Sharpened Inferno Destro is best.

@Asayre has a post with alot of formulas here.

It basically says that Sharpened (11.9% tooltip damage increase)>Precise (3.5% Tooltip Damage Increase)>Nirnhoned (3.2% toolptip damage increase)

But since Sharpened is significantly better than Precise/Nirnhoned, it appears that a non set piece Sharpened Inferno would out perform a Nirnhoned vMA inferno, assuming that the target's resistance has not been reduced to the point that the sharpened trait is applied, which rarely occurs accept against trash mobs.

Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4