Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafted Sets for Sorcerer Healer

Seregraug
Seregraug
Soul Shriven
I've recently hit 160 CP, and I'm looking at making my first set of equipment at the gear cap. I mostly do general questing, but queue as healer in dungeons (no pvp beyond dabbling). Since the end game gear costs significantly more, I want to be a bit more careful about my choices. I've been using 5-piece Seducer and Healer jewelry and filling in the rest with Magnus' Gift armor/weapons. I'm able to craft up to 6-trait gear, and I see the Julianos set mentioned a lot as a general purpose Magicka armor. Which of these (Seducer/Magnus/Julianos) should I make for my first as my CP 160 5 piece base? Or is there another crafted set under 6-traits I should look at?

Also, my character is Breton if that makes a difference.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julianos will serve you perfectly fine until you can farm the dropped sets that work best for healing. In addition, that Julianos set can be used as a DPS set too, so you save mats on that.

However, the Seducer set has served me very well over the months, so it's nothing bad to have that, but if you only want 1 set, go with Julianos.

What I would do for you is get your 5 piece Julianos in Chest, sash, legs, boots, and arms, and then craft 2 Torug's Pact Swords (which you can use for DPS too), along with a Destruction and Restoration Staff (those can be of any set, or you can find a dropped trash one in a good trait).

That way, you have a solid 5 piece set and weapons that can be used competently for DPS.

That leaves you with your head and shoulder open, which you should try and find stuff for. For a DPS, you'd want a Monster set there, and as a Sorc, it'd be Kena or Nereineth, but as a healer, especially with Julianos, you want high sustain, so a nice set of Engine Guardian might serve you very well.

Of course, for jewelry, run 3 Willpower with spell damage enchants (just get used to reduced regen and higher costs).

Then, heal off with that setup, until you get the BiS healing gear such as SPC or Twilight's Remedy.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Seregraug
    Seregraug
    Soul Shriven
    I figure I will eventually want both sets (Seducer and Julianos), but from the sound of it Julianos should be the one I focus on first. Thank you for the advice.