The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why not allow add ons for console.

Niqhtmaredemon
I'm just Curius if any ones agrees. Currently Xbox one fallout 4 has mods and the skyrim new edition when released will also have them. Why not allow add ons for console?
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is not that simple

Addons on consoles are a "new thing", if i'm not mistaken, you need microsoft approval in order to support them. Also ESO addons are coded with LUA, don't know if you can include a LUA interpreter inside an XBOX game (not sure if this is needed, never looked into addon coding for this game).

ZoS probably needs to do a lot of coding in order to integrate with the xbox addons system, plus the game on console is already suffering from performance problems, the current gen of consoles can barely handle this game, i've seen some console streamers play and in cyrodril the framerate is really low. I wouldn't hold my breath for this
  • Niqhtmaredemon
    True maybe it can be a thing once project Scorpio hits
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not up to ZOS, it's the console manufacturers being stuck in corporate politics ...
    dry.gif

• Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS4, Sony denied addons for Skyrim and Fallout 4. It'd be impossible for us to get mods for ESO, unless Bethesda's tactic to shame Sony causes them to change their position.

XBox might have a better shot. Microsoft does allow mods for games. It would just be a matter of putting in the time to develop them.

I'd be sad though if mods where made available for XBox but not PS4.
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »

I'd be sad though if mods where made available for XBox but not PS4.

PS4 gets plenty of other exclusives. It would feel so right if Xbox got add ons and Ps4 suffered.
  • benjamino613
    benjamino613
    ✭✭
    This is something ive been thinking about for a while too. But if its an agreement with Microsoft then it sounds tricky. I just want a darn mini map XD
  • Niqhtmaredemon
    Mini map would be great lol
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Addons are lua scripts running as an overlay on the game, not a "mod". And since Microsoft and especially Sony like shooting themselves in the foot all the time with their irrational fear of 3rd party applications I don't see this happening. Ever.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'd be good if they just added some into the game in a patch. Not as an addon but as a base game option. Things like mini map, master merch, guild store are really awesome. Can't remember how I played on console without them.
  • Niqhtmaredemon
    Yea I don't want something crazy just some of the minor things like the merchant and maybe the add ons for your hp and stats stuff like how much ultimate you have would be nice