The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do you want balancing done?

DKsUnite
DKsUnite
✭✭✭✭✭
We had incremental balancing at the launch of the game (i believe).

Come DLCs and now we have major patch balancing.

Which do you want/prefer?

Me personally:
From what i have seen for the past year+, balance is becoming a joke that seems like it will never get "fixed" (you can never achieve true balance but some resemblance would be nice). So what we get now is a patch every 3 months that changes things. It shifts the meta every patch. We havent had a class balance patch since like TG and i am really sick of the meta changing every 3 months and lasting the whole 3 months... I would like class tweaks every 2-3 weeks because i can tolerate something being OP broken for a couple weeks, but when it lasts 3+ months its a joke...
Edited by DKsUnite on September 10, 2016 7:22AM
Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming

How do you want balancing done? 51 votes

Incremental Balance
94%
ArmitasKorprokK4RMASamuel_BantienShareeGilGaladIdinuseElsonsoMinsctplink3r1vortexman11CapuchinSevenForztrToRelaxDetectorRoamingRiverElkEdziuMojomonkeymanCathexisItoq 48 votes
Patch Dump Balance
5%
NeillMcAttackAmdar_Godkillerbjlax 3 votes
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incremental Balance
    I actually, honestly think they they think they have balance.

If that is what you think ZOS then I have to break it to you, you have some of the worse balance (and ways to adjust that balance) I've ever seen in an MMO.

I saw that as someone that's played stamina and magic.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incremental Balance
    This is why I miss the road ahead. We could see whats coming and see that they are doing something and committed to quality. Now they are just committed to quantity.

They should commit to balance changes once a month for things like sets and class ability level tweaks, and commit once a quarter to making some mechanic rebalances that take more time like changing a skill out entirely or fixing a skills mechanic. Finally once a year they should have class improvements not balances but developmental additions, it's been 2 years and we still have 15 skills. (and sadly many of those skills still don't work properly)

I can't think of a single game where combat would be allowed to continue as it is and people still have a job. If I invested in this game and saw that classes haven't even developed past beta yet I would be irate.
    Edited by Armitas on September 10, 2016 10:15AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incremental Balance
    For so long it's been a tug-of-war between Magicka and Stamina balance and TBH they have know idea how to fix it. That's why it takes 3 months for ANY major changes to come through because they don't seem to know the root issues here.

I'm about to tell you what needs to be done.....

I'm about to tell you what issues must be fixed.....

#BUFFMDK #NERFEVERYTHINGELSE #RIPESOBALANCE #GLORIOUSREPUBLICOFMAGICKADRAGONKNIGHT

nerf mdk
    Options
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    Incremental Balance
    I would prefer more small balance updates. Since this is unlikely to happen (balance doesn't appear to be a priority), I would even welcome balancing being done every DLC (so quarterly), assuming it was tested on PTS and that testing mattered.

Currently I feel like there hasn't been any balance work done for three consecutive patches, with the developer saying there might be something at the start of next year. I think it's untenable.
    Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Incremental Balance
    Not only this, but they should add Developer notes next to every balance change.

Check how Riot games handled it. You may not like League of legends, but when it comes to patch notes, there's literally nothing you can complain about, because you know what, why, when and how.

f56236204d.png

You know:
    • What is affected by the change (for ESO, ability, class, race...)
    • The reasoning behind the change
    • What is changed precisely (the ICD of a set, the exact damage change...)
    • What was there previously if applicable (for an ability, what were the previous values, and which are the new ones)
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Options
  • blimsta
    blimsta
    ✭✭✭
    So pvp isnt just a op stun infested melee train.

So a prue casting dps class can take part in every aspect of the game.

One game that isn't the same as every other game ever made.

A game that isn't just about stun kill stun kill or drain stam stun kill.

I personly would like to have time to play and not just spam shield or use none class related gear or one build only.

To have a point ot using light armour, a reason like the glass cannon. Not a glass pea-shooter with *** regens.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incremental Balance
    I would really like to see some written thoughts of the developers with their changes to balance in patch notes. I really feel that this is sorely lacking.

Personally, I think a few changes need to be made:
    -Veli/Viper needs to be toned down a little bit.
    -Light armor needs a slight buff. Compared relatively to medium and heavy it is quite underpowered.
    -Dragon's Blood needs to have battle spirit modifier removed or be made to scale off of magicka/spell power.
    -Radiant destruction should have a range nerf. I think that the biggest problem with radiant is that someone can pick you off from a distance without your ability to gap close and interrupt.
    -Revision of many of the stamina-focused sets on the PTS. Many of them do not have magicka equivalencies and they represent some pretty striking creep of DPS without any real corresponding attempt to increase player mitigation.
    -I think that we need some rebalancing of damage for skills, much like the incapacitating strike changes with TG.
    -Fix Willow's Path.
    -Either increase the damage of destruction staff abilities or revise the ultimate to be a single target burst. Destruction staff is not lacking in AOE options.

The list can go on, but there are just a lot of really strange changes in this upcoming patch and the current meta is so stamina focused.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incremental Balance
    Adenoma wrote: »
    -Either increase the damage of destruction staff abilities or revise the ultimate to be a single target burst. Destruction staff is not lacking in AOE options.

I agree (also with your point about light armour), Destro just doesn't hit hard enough. You can build some burst with it but it's really still under performing.
    Options
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    Incremental Balance
    I think like any other game (I know its gross hearthstone, LoL Dota), players have to play around the meta and often meta defining or meta breaking builds can come out. We don't need that much balancing in this game, my only question is WHY DONT DK'S HAVE AN EXECUTE.
    Live for the pact... die for the pact.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Stam Sorc DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
    Options
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incremental Balance
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I would really like to see some written thoughts of the developers with their changes to balance in patch notes. I really feel that this is sorely lacking.

Personally, I think a few changes need to be made:
    -Veli/Viper needs to be toned down a little bit.
    -Light armor needs a slight buff. Compared relatively to medium and heavy it is quite underpowered.
    -Dragon's Blood needs to have battle spirit modifier removed or be made to scale off of magicka/spell power.
    -Radiant destruction should have a range nerf. I think that the biggest problem with radiant is that someone can pick you off from a distance without your ability to gap close and interrupt.
    -Revision of many of the stamina-focused sets on the PTS. Many of them do not have magicka equivalencies and they represent some pretty striking creep of DPS without any real corresponding attempt to increase player mitigation.
    -I think that we need some rebalancing of damage for skills, much like the incapacitating strike changes with TG.
    -Fix Willow's Path.

The list can go on, but there are just a lot of really strange changes in this upcoming patch and the current meta is so stamina focused.

This 100%
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

Options
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch Dump Balance
    Patch Dump please.

This way it would be much easier to make a conclusion on what exactly the goal of balances are. Right now everyone is confused by wether ZOS feel magicka is supposed to more about utility and sustain rather than DPS. I firmly believe this to be the case and I have seen nothing from any patch to make me think otherwise!!
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incremental Balance
    I am really tired of "overhauls" and prefer the incremental changes.

A lot of theory discussion happens in the forums, so I think it is worth the time of development to outline the "why" behind some changes. They also need to make sure that they ditch all of the relative measurements, like "a small amount". The developers did not code "a small amount" in the game. They know what they changed. Tell us.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want max health to be a factor in mitigation...actually I want max health to be the major factor in all mitigation. Be good at doing damage, or mitigating damage, and then you have to find a balance.
    Options