Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help request: leveling my templar from 40 to 50

Kylric
Kylric
✭✭
Hello, I could use some help.

I’ve been playing ESO for a few months and wanted to try a magplar for the first time. So, I converted my level 39 Imperial stamplar to a Brenton yesterday. My goal is to get him to level 50 and see if I favor mag or stam overall.

Well, my first couple of hours did not go so well. I just can’t seem to keep my magicka up. My main crafted some medium leathers and improved them to blue levels. They are all enchanted blue level with magicka as well. Each of my jewelry pieces adds additional magicka and have either cost reduction or recovery.

As for my skills, most were increased for more of a stam build, but that is chancing quickly.

I do need to get a different boon, which I will do tonight.

I am thinking I might need to get some dropped light armor for the bonus sets, instead of using the ones I crafted. I believe my crafter currently has 4 traits of each light armor piece, and I’m ok with crafting a set for the next 10 levels, if it's better than dropped sets for my purposes.

I do use Radiant Aura to help as well.

Most of the guide I read show you the min/max at level *160 with all the best gear. I do not plan on making this guy my main, because I have too many completions on my prime character. However, I’m not against making some changes to him if I find out I enjoy magicka better.

Any advice as to my bar set up? Armor selection? Skills to use/stay away from?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, also I was fighting in Rkindaleft caves on Wrothgar, and using a lightning staff. I’m wondering if I should change weapons.

Thank you in advance!
  • Cr4p0w3
    Cr4p0w3
    ✭✭
    Hey man, I'm not a pro but I have some tips for you.

As a magika user you should focus on 5 piece light armor (due to passives) one heavy and one medium (for lvling the skill lines related to it and using the undaunted pasive, the one that gives you 2% more resources based on the tipes of armor you are wearing, once you unlock it)

It's also important to have at least 1 Aedric spear sloted in your bars to get the benefit of the passives that increase your crit damage bonus.

When I played Mag Templar I used dual wield on my Execute bar and a destruction staff in the back bar.

I'll have Puncturing sweeps ans my spamable DPS ability. Repentance, Purifying light, radiant oppression, mage light. Meteor ultimate.

The back bar I would have elemental blockade, force pulse and pulsar. Structured entropy and Breat of life. I'll have crescent sweep only for the passive.

Gear wise I used 5 piece julianos, 1 molag kena, 2 torugs pact. Willpower jewelry (arcane spell power enchanted).

Since youre a breton you should be good with you magika recovery, so I'll use bi stat food.

Hope to have helped!

• Kylric
    Kylric
    ✭✭
    Very helpful and thank you. I just did some armor set changes and I think life is good now :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if you have issues with magicka recovery as a templar, you can always look at using Channeled Focus (morph of Rune Focus) to boost your recovery. The downside to it is that it's a small area, and you have to almost stand still to stay in it and gain the benefits from it, but it can still be very useful.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)