Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Official Discussion Thread for "Your Guide to Dueling in ESO"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Your Guide to Dueling in ESO. We're looking forward to getting this new feature into your hands, and can't wait for you to duel other players in Update 12!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hammerdeath is awesome, I think the soul shriven wayshrine should be moved to right outside the arena and be renamed to Hammerdeath wayshrine. So many players get lost or use the wrong wayshrine or even spawn at wrong one when they accidentally wayshrine rez.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Ling
    Ling
    ✭✭✭
    mmmhhhh dueling <3
    Lìng ~ Ebonheart-Pact
    Achievement points: 33290
    Alliance rank: Grand Overlord (50)(since 2016)
    Soloplayer
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This video making me sad.
    Does Engine hp proc restore don't have visual bug on consoles?
    That how it look on video
    health.jpg
    But in game it bugged since IC and still not fixed on pts.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why can not duel for reward?

Should be able to fight for reward offered by both players.
  • Spuddlethud
    Spuddlethud
    ✭✭
    Is there anything in place to prevent other players from "trolling" a duel? Like getting within the flagged battle area and simply getting in the way by impacting LOS, blocking player movement, etc.?
    Edited by Spuddlethud on September 9, 2016 1:12PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can dueling please be kept OUT of towns? Already have to deal with spell spammers in high-traffic areas. Don't want to have to deal with a duel and a bunch of spectators while trying to shop in Mournhold.

As a side note, who thought it was a good idea to put the guild traders right around the wayshrine, which is located in the middle of the crafting area? I like that the wayshrine was moved from its previous location outside of town, but Mournhold really is a logjam in your own alliance.
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anything in place to prevent other players from "trolling" a duel? Like getting within the flagged battle area and simply getting in the way by impacting LOS, blocking player movement, etc.?

Other players can't block player movement. You go right through people. Only NPCs affect movement.
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn, that new arena <3
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • CrazyLittleElectron
    CrazyLittleElectron
    Soul Shriven
    Can you please make it a option for Duelers to have audience during the fight?
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha he used steel tornado in a 1v1
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled