The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 EU: Everywhere I look REDS REDS REDS

MacCait
MacCait
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sure this isn't the first time this has been mentioned, but seriously, what's up with the over population of Ebonheart Pact on PS4 EU?

When the game launched on PS4 EU, campaigns where great fun, with a solid balance. Lots of DC, EP, and AD, good all round competition. Then over the last 8-10 months more and more EP, less DC and less AD, so that now EP has an enormous amount of players, while DC has a medium amount and AD is minority in PvP.

So what's up with that? Is it purely down to players only wanting to join the biggest army/faction?

On PS4 EU, so many AD have become so fed up of not having enough man power in campaigns to do anything, that many AD switched to DC. I've resisted it, but lately I'm considering it too, which is a shame as I do prefer the whole environment and feel of AD.

Are we really fated to becoming only two factions on PS4 EU - just Reds and Blues? or worse, just Reds... lol in the future will it just be Reds duelling themselves?

Seriously though, this inbalance of factions is no good for anyone. Surely EP must get very bored having almost no competition in every campaign (except Thornblade). The most fun was when the game began and each faction had a healthy population. So I wonder, has there ever been a discussion on what could be done to try to balance campaign population?
  • Sludge04
    Sludge04
    ✭✭
    When I played PvP, Azura's Star was the most populated game mode and it was incredible fun. I remember there would be very tight leads and more often than not a different faction would win each month. I think there was an update to the game a few months back and all of a sudden Azura's Star became a barren wasteland and everyone moved onto Thornblade. I think this was down to the removal of CP in Azura's Star? I don't like these one week campaigns and also my sorcerer is heavily disadvantaged in PvP nowadays so I don't bother. I'd like to see a revival of the 30 day campaign though as I spent most of my time in PvP at one point.

I popped into Azura last night to check it out, there was one blue and one yellow keep.
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    They got rid of campaigns, so you now see the imbalance that always exsisted. I know a few of the blues who were on leaderboards left maybe they will come back. Who knows.
    If they made campaign balance 1 for 1 then you might see people switching sides to get in. Right now there is no incentive to join the underdog. With one tamriel our resources will be shared too so even less incentive.
    Now you may think people want a challenge, but I have been around a few people who rolled a red because they feel it's easyier, Or want to be in the dominant faction. A lot like it that way. There is no incentive at all, for balance is wierd. I am only DC as I'm stupidly loyal, a masochist and glutton for punishment apparently. Even I only pvp occasionally now, basically if my friends are.
    We need more campaigns or servere restrictions to do that balance thing they always talk about.
    Edited by elantaura on September 7, 2016 2:58PM
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elantaura wrote: »
    They got rid of campaigns, so you now see the imbalance that always exsisted. I know a few of the blues who were on leaderboards left maybe they will come back. Who knows.
    If they made campaign balance 1 for 1 then you might see people switching sides to get in. Right now there is no incentive to join the underdog. With one tamriel our resources will be shared too so even less incentive.
    Now you may think people want a challenge, but I have been around a few people who rolled a red because they feel it's easyier, Or want to be in the dominant faction. A lot like it that way. There is no incentive at all, for balance is wierd. I am only DC as I'm stupidly loyal, a masochist and glutton for punishment apparently. Even I only pvp occasionally now, basically if my friends are.
    We need more campaigns or servere restrictions to do that balance thing they always talk about.

Hmm a campaign balance of 1 to 1? So if you had 30 EP in a campaign, it would allow 30 DC and 30 AD?

Yh I think implementing something like that would be good. Not sure how that could work, but it would bring a balance to every campaign!

Well I gave in tonight and created a DC character for PvP. I'll never join Reds and just add to the problem of complete and utter imbalance, but I need players to run with and AD are almost non-existent in most campaigns other than Thornblade, which is the new Azura Star for lag.[
    Sludge04 wrote: »
    When I played PvP, Azura's Star was the most populated game mode and it was incredible fun. I remember there would be very tight leads and more often than not a different faction would win each month. I think there was an update to the game a few months back and all of a sudden Azura's Star became a barren wasteland and everyone moved onto Thornblade. I think this was down to the removal of CP in Azura's Star? I don't like these one week campaigns and also my sorcerer is heavily disadvantaged in PvP nowadays so I don't bother. I'd like to see a revival of the 30 day campaign though as I spent most of my time in PvP at one point.

I popped into Azura last night to check it out, there was one blue and one yellow keep.

Yh Sludge, a couple DC back they reduced CP to 501 (now 531) and Azura Star became non-CP, and Thornblade became the new Azura Star. 30 campaigns have not gone, Thornblade is a 30 day campaign Doh, my bad, I meant Scourge.
    Edited by MacCait on September 13, 2016 11:43AM
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Scourge is the only other 30 day and i tried it for a few months but for some unknown reason everyone has piled into Thornblade. There seems to be a handful of AD and DC in that camp. EP seem to want to zerg down every campaign which is going to make a lot of is stop playing.
    It cannot be fun playing on empty maps surely?
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that the Imperial City celebration is extended for a wee while, I was in there finally last night. I had the city to myself for a spot of collecting the purple keys. I got all the flags on my own and all was good, until a bunch of reds showed up lol. So it was just me and a bunch of reds... and I thought to myself, they own every campaign. When ZOS creates an Imperial City celebration, it is not created for everyone, it is created for the reds, because EP are the only ones really taking advantage of it.

I feel the balance has got completley out of hand. Reds must out number blues 3-4 to 1, and out number yellows maybe 8-10 to 1.

I wonder if it the same on other servers, like PS4 US, PC EU, PC US, XBOX EU, XBOX US. Is there always one major faction that overly dominates everything?

I would really like to see a fix to this. A notice of 'FULL UP' being given to the dominant faction, until an eqaul amount of the lower populated factions is in there. So in our case on EU PS4, if 30 Reds are in, then it will not allow any more until there are 30 yellows and 30 blues. This would then force people to balance pvp by joining a less populated faction. I'm not sure how it could work, but something needs to be done, because cyrodiil and imperial city are just dominated in every single campaign by the same faction, so in order to experience some semblance of balance, the only campaign you stand a chance in is Thornblade... which is very laggy.

Are ZOS even aware of this problem?
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Im moving both of my pvp characters back to thornblade this week and am going to utilise the imp city extension aswell as missed out a lot last week lol maybe ill see you there later :)
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nikigwil wrote: »
    Im moving both of my pvp characters back to thornblade this week and am going to utilise the imp city extension aswell as missed out a lot last week lol maybe ill see you there later :)

Are you AD or DC? Please tell me you're not EP lol ;)
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha no im AD only atm wouldnt make EP after last few months
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nikigwil wrote: »
    Ha ha ha no im AD only atm wouldnt make EP after last few months

haha, phew (wipes brow) ;) Thornblade is my home campaign and am in Azura as guest campaign. Got a few days off and intend to take advantage of the extension so I'll be in Imperial City until it expires. Feel free to add me on psn if you want to team up ;)

Had a lot of fun last night. Few battle stories, being totally outnumbered by reds at one point and been killed by a few of them all at once, I decided to stalk them on my nightblade for a couple of hours of revenge, that was fun lol.

One highlight was last night. I saw an EP running in the area I was farming and natutally stalked her/him to wait for an optune moment. I pounced and killed them, but they came back, still running around out of sneak, without a care in the world, so another kill and they returned. After four kills and no attempt to find me or fight back and having stalked them and watching them struggle with the adds I kinda felt sorry for the Red, I had guessed he/she wasn't really a seasoned PvP player. I uncloaked and just walked up them them ready to dual. They just stood there, moved a bit and character seemed unsure and nervous lol but didn't attack me or even attempt to run away, was kinda funny, so I gave a Hello emote. They replied Hello. I couldn't bring myself to kill them again so I ended up running around with this one Red, helping them farm the adds. Never had a moment like that in PvP before. Usually it's just see Red, attempt to kill Red or be killed by Red lol. Was kind of a cool moment.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha that happened to me with a blue. We were both killing the same walking boss and avoiding each other then just said hello and ran opposite directions :).