The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Queue finder wait time is utter BS!!

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
So... Not only do we get punished if we have a crappy group that leaves us immediately forcing us OUT of the dungeon and then whacking us with a 15 minute penalty... NOW it seems if you requeue for a REPLACEMENT in the dungeon and after queuing all your party leaves you now get a 1 HOUR penalty whacked in your face... YUP!!! ONE WHOLE HOUR BECAUSE YOU HAD JACK*SSES that left you!!!

How is the fair, Zenimax??? HOW??? HOW???? HOW??????
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't seen it on PS4 NA at all, been queuing for groups for the past week and even when choosing to leave a group I have only been hit with 15 minute penalties (still quicker than running a hard dungeon with a bodgy group).
    Edited by disintegr8 on September 5, 2016 11:36PM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was first time I've ever been hit with the 1 hour wait time... i can only put it down to having to do with trying to requeue to replace a missing member when inside the dungeon... still seems utterly stupid and nonsensical to me.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    If this game was fair.... ZOS would have fixed the lag or... they would have made the lag the same for every one.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have re-queued to get a fourth member a couple of times of the last two days and always got one - even on the final boss of vet COH. Did not have to disband, so maybe related to complete group split up only.
  • Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭
    Problems with this game are subjective. I personally have no problems with the queue. In fact it's been working better than ever. But every other person I've talked to seems to have issues with eternal wait times.

Anyway, I agree with op. Pretty *** getting locked into a group with a cp50 healer and a cp80 dps, then getting punished when the group inevitably fails and ragequits. Groups have disbanded as soon as I joined, bosses required to be killed for pledges are already dead, etc...
    Edited by Neowit on September 7, 2016 4:06AM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    I have re-queued to get a fourth member a couple of times of the last two days and always got one - even on the final boss of vet COH. Did not have to disband, so maybe related to complete group split up only.

It wasn't an issue getting a fourth - we lost two members. So when you replace the 3rd member, it drops you from queue - and you have to requeue for a fourth... during that requeue time the new 3rd drops and so on and so forth...

Then when no members were left I was hit with a 1 hour wait time.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the whole penalty system was not the correct solution to the problem, which I think was only that lower level players could not get a full group because higher level players did not want to run with them and kept leaving groups. The situation now is that higher level players simply kick lower level players from groups.

Two days ago I got in a group with 2 other vets and a level 20 something for Cradle of Shadows and straight away I got a vote to kick the lower player. I chose yes - which I admit was wrong - and we got a level 30 something in the group, which immediately brought up another vote to kick. This time I stuck to my principles, replied no, immediately got another vote to kick, so I replied no and left the group.

The penalty system is penalizing too many innocents for it to be deemed effective and should be scrapped altogether.

• partzs
    partzs
    The queue is broken period. You can not queue with three people in your group if your not in an instance because it will try and pull two groups together which screws both groups up.

The other problem I have seen is that you get in a group and instantly the group is disbanded before you even have a change to respond. You are then stuck with a 15 minute wait because of the stupid timer of leaving a group.

Last but not least I leave groups when I see someone queuing for all three positions because they are just queuing to get into a group. If they get the healer position they just screwed the whole group and thats usually because they queued with a friend. So the only thing you can do is leave the group.

Or how about this. someone queues as a tank and will get one shorted by every monster in the dungeon. People dont know how to queue for the dungeons they are queuing for.
  • LoSnupo
    LoSnupo
    ✭✭
    Three days i'm trying to queue for Crypt of Hearts.
    Started at 29, i'm 41 now.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon timers are just lies... Its iconic of Zenimax's behaviour towards us.... Look at this BS...

Then when I get in the dungeon... I'm not in the group...