Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[GUIDE] How to play ESO on your TV from your PC

Vildebill
Vildebill
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I wanted to play ESO on my TV to see if I liked it, and since i didn't want to buy it on my Xbox One just for testing it out I figured I could run it from my PC in some way now that the game support the Xbox control. This is how I did:

Hardware prereqs:
  • Xbox One/360 controller (duh). You can even buy a wireless PC adapter to the Xbox One controller to get rid of the cable.
  • HDMI to HDMI/HDMI mini/DVI depending on what kind of output you have on your PC graphics card.
  • A TV with a HDMI port.

The magic:
  • Connect the controller to your PC. Windows 10 will recognize it immediately and install needed drivers. For Windows 7 and 8/8.1 see this guide: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc
  • Connect your PC to your TV with the HDMI cable. Your PC should recognize the TV as an external display by itself. Set the TV as the working display (or use it extended, haven't tried that out).
  • Start ESO. When you have logged in and chosen your character, enable the controller support from the settings menu.
  • Sit yourself down in the sofa with some sweetrolls and a sippin' imga tonic and kill some daedras!

And there you have ESO on the TV just like the console version but from your PC. It looks just like and feels like the console game. Enjoy!
EU PC
  • solangesimondsen
    Sounds great, but my TV is in the living room and my PC is in the office about 40 feet away. Do they make cables that long???
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds great, but my TV is in the living room and my PC is in the office about 40 feet away. Do they make cables that long???

Yeah they sure do make cables that long. If I were you I would set everything up on the computer with controller support and all and then set the TV as the main display, sounds like it's hard for you to see your TV from 40 feet :)
    EU PC