Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to FIX that annoying LUA memory limit Error.. Easy as 1,2,3

• sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drschplatt wrote: »
    Oh nice, I was trying to figure this out.

Your welcome. I did have a pop up in my game which asked me if I wanted to adjust my memory, so I guess one of my addons must have built it in with their latest version.. But I am not sure which one. But it is still good to know how to do it manually. Mine is set to 1024mb.

Do you run "No, Thank You"? I think this is the add-on that asks if you'd like to increase your storage.

*edit: spelling.
    Edited by sylviermoone on May 10, 2015 3:43AM
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • Sneak_Thief
    Sneak_Thief
    ✭✭✭✭
    drschplatt wrote: »
    Oh nice, I was trying to figure this out.

Your welcome. I did have a pop up in my game which asked me if I wanted to adjust my memory, so I guess one of my addons must have built it in with their latest version.. But I am not sure which one. But it is still good to know how to do it manually. Mine is set to 1024mb.

Do you run "No, Thank You"? I think this is the add-on that asks if you'd like to increase your storage.

*edit: spelling.

Yes I do, I guess that is it then. Well least there is still the option for the old fashioned fix.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you actually get an "LUA error triggered" warning will this cause you to eventually start crashing?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    53334760.jpg
    Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I have 32GB of Memory and 64bit OS... should I maybe give like 4GB to that :trollface: ? Just so I am covered
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Draghorn
    Draghorn
    Well, it may be necroed; but I found this old thread useful. ^_^
    Draghorn - The Business Dragon (Platform: NA-PC)
  • Wtrenga
    Wtrenga
    ✭✭✭
    @Sneak_Thief Thanks for this! Is there anything this change may cause to performance etc?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tired Of Seeing This
    QD47CsV.png

Here is the simple solution
    Step 1: Close ESO
    Step 2: Locate the UserSetting.txt file in (Documents>Elder Scrolls Online> Live (or LiveEU) and edit the following line: LuaMemoryLimitMB "64" ..change 64 into 128 (512 preferred if using MM OR more if needed)
    vBQI4yH.png
    Step 3: Save and close the UserSetting.txt file and then open up eso again and you will be error free.

Feel free to adjust the memory limit to account for your add on needs. Hope this helps.

if you are on PC, you can download the addon for that, I can search the name of it if you want. never ever problems with this :)
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Tired Of Seeing This
    QD47CsV.png

Here is the simple solution
    Step 1: Close ESO
    Step 2: Locate the UserSetting.txt file in (Documents>Elder Scrolls Online> Live (or LiveEU) and edit the following line: LuaMemoryLimitMB "64" ..change 64 into 128 (512 preferred if using MM OR more if needed)
    vBQI4yH.png
    Step 3: Save and close the UserSetting.txt file and then open up eso again and you will be error free.

Feel free to adjust the memory limit to account for your add on needs. Hope this helps.

if you are on PC, you can download the addon for that, I can search the name of it if you want. never ever problems with this :)

That's all we need, another add-on to handle the memory problem from using too many add-ons. ;) It's just as simple to NOT use an add-on and manually change your UserSetting.txt file. Unless of course you're computer illiterate, then the add-on would be better... however, chance are if that is the case, you probably aren't playing on a PC anyway.
    CP: 1920 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTF the line [ SET LuaMemoryLimitMB "64" ] did not exist in my UserSettings.txt .....

Whoever necroed this thank you very much.
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
  • linoge63
    linoge63
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so, if in the game's chat dialogue i simply type even without without having the addon for this

/slm 512

that it, thats that , thats all there's to it right?
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have closed this thread as it has resurfaced once again. The original post was from 2015. Since then the game has undergone many changes and information in this thread may no longer be accurate. If you feel that there is a need to discuss a topic an there is no recent thread it is better to create a new one then revive an old one. If you are in need of support I would suggest creating a post in that area of the forums: We have technical forums for PC Mac Xbox One & PlayStation®4 as well as one for more a General issue
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.