Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Disconnect, disconnect and ... disconnect

DemiUrgos
DemiUrgos
Soul Shriven
I'm on the Europe server - PS4 - PVE - Ebonhart - Stonefalls.
Since i started playing today, I get disconnected every 20 à 30 minutes. And then I get that super annoying message "... please make sure uou have a valid internet connection."

It's like the more/faster you fight, the more likely you'll get disconnected. As if the server can't keep up with all the changes it must process server-side.
There is something fundamental wrong in the server-coding of this game. I understand there are many complex variables in this game, but why must all those variables be server-side and not client-side ?
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    @DemiUrgos for people having issues disconcerting while playing on a PS4 we recommend trying the steps found here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29883
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DemiUrgos
    DemiUrgos
    Soul Shriven
    This message has been moved to the PS4 tech-forum. Why? As I firmly believe this is not a specific PS4, but a more general issue. I played this game on a PC, and there I had the same problems (not as frequent, but it happened anyway).
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue on xbox and no, the steps listed on all of these support forums are not helpful. New messages say there is an internal service issue on ZOS's end instead of blaming it on my internet. So step in the right direction at least.

@ZOS_RyanM disagree with this getting moved here. There's a broader general issue. Maybe if there was an overarching console tech support page that then fed into these more specific pages?
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disconnects can also be a wireless issue too. What does your internet situation look like? How far away is the device from the router?

I never have any of these issues-- though I run a ethernet cable into my PS4 since my router is right there.
  • DemiUrgos
    DemiUrgos
    Soul Shriven
    I don't have this disconnect problems with other mmorpg games. So it's definitly not just a PS4 problem.

But, well, I imagine the thruth about this will never be admitted. To bad, because I admire honesty and not denial.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a very nice internet package with tons of speed and reliability. Console sits right beside my router. I'll get disconnects every 5 minutes and then give up and play Overwatch flawlessly for hours. Yep, totally an internet problem.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarcasm dully noted. Since ya'll seem to have this issue under wraps, I will excuse myself from the thread.

Cheers mates.
  • Wolfhammer
    Wolfhammer
    ✭✭✭
    I'm UK based with 100Mb cable and timed my disconnects - Happens every time at the 19 minute mark without fail.

Seriously grinding my gears !

I play BDO and EQ2 with zero problems...
    Wolfhammer - Templar serving the Alith guild on EU
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having a similar issue since soth patch. Extremely choppy lag followed by error 318. Played black ops non-issue played never winter non-issue.

:/
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only DIsconnecting constantly in VMA. After a few months I was hoping this would be fixed
    PS4 NA
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Eleusian wrote: »
    I'm only DIsconnecting constantly in VMA. After a few months I was hoping this would be fixed

Same issue here and the lag.... OMG how do I ever get to win when my toon is totally unresponsive?