Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do You think PVP needs more campaigns? Or at least a restricted access to overloaded maps?

AnviOfVai
AnviOfVai
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey Guys

Lag. Lag, and MORE LAG. I am suffering with my terrible internet and the ability to access ANY PVP maps with horrible lag. It can get really frustrating, especially if you are playing with your mates and you have to kill the group by moving them to another map, or worse coming out because you can't play.

Recently the Lag has got to a point where I am not able to move, being kicked from servers continuously and the whole game of ESO freezing, so I have to close it down through PS Options.

Do you think PVP should have more capigns added? I don't care about the fancy champion point options or not, I just want a regular PVP map that I can resort to if the other 4 are overloaded.

On top of that how many players are in a campaign that is Full? Seriously its not full its OVERLOADED. It needs to be limited to how many players can be in that map on each faction. Full Campaigns are like a cake that has too much jam spread inside and is just coming out over the sides making a mess everywhere. We need to think of a way to reduce lag for PVP players, and did I tell you guys about that awesome glitch where you fall into the floor and freeze? its great having the cyrodiil loading screen in the middle of you fighting someone only to come back and oh look your dead.

End of rant. What do you guys think?
"I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
DC - Templar - Tank - 160
DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us have been asking for ZOS to bring back Thornblade for PC.

A lot of memories from that campaign.
    Edited by Aquanova on September 6, 2016 11:26AM
    NA/PC
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    In how many different games do you experience lag while playing online? Just ESO?

Unfortunately... or fortunately, I've never experienced the issues you've described here. I generally don't experience much lag in PvP, unless there are so many players on screen I can't tell where I am - but things continue to move.

As for the extra campaigns, I don't think that they should divide the population anymore. I think they should create an open world pvp server! :D
    Edited by ProbablePaul on September 6, 2016 11:28AM
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In how many different games do you experience lag while playing online? Just ESO?

Unfortunately... or fortunately, I've never experienced the issues you've described here. I generally don't experience much lag in PvP, unless there are so many players on screen I can't tell where I am - but things continue to move.

As for the extra campaigns, I don't think that they should divide the population anymore. I think they should create an open world pvp server! :D

None, not on PS4 i experience no lag in GTA what so ever, and this is in races of over 30 players. ESO is just lag central for me for some reason. I think the Population needs to be divided unless they can find out why their servers are so...laggy. Yes I am in a rural area and my internet is not the best it can take me HOURS/DAYS to download updates, however as I said before I have no lag on SWTOR or GTA online playing games.
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

• raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    people put it down to all the calculations being made with champion points and aoe caps. on pc i think macro users cause lag too. fibre connection helps, wifi no good. personally i think campaigns should have a max pop of 80 to relieve lag and keep imperial city seperate.

we don't need another campaign coz we already have haderus and spellbreaker quiet on pc eu. if they lowered population cap people would be forced to spread out to use the other campaigns and reduce both lag and zerg, giving more room for small scale pvp. because azura has no cp it is relatively lag free, this is why many choose azura and blackwater. i like to use my cp tho and trueflame has the best standard of players so it appeals to many.

i know people that play on 4g in the forest on a laptop and their lag isn't too bad in blackwater, maybe it's a console server problem.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC/EU AD during prime time, the queue for TF is over 100. So err, you can imagine the campaign being populated. Even then, I don't find myself with more than 500 ping tops :-D). FPS is 2, but ye. That's a different story.

Ebony Blade is usually pretty lagfree and it's got decent pop. SPell Breaker + Haderus is underpopulated, unless IC-event or sometimes weekends. New campaign wouldn't solve anything from a PC-perspective, but for you on console(afaik you got 1 campaign only, no?) I can imagine it being a problem.

Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP Needs more game modes and maps other than Cyrodill. Otherwise PvP ends up getting stale imo.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC needs to NOT contribute to a locked Cyrodiil server. Once you leave Cyrodiil for IC, then you're out. If you go to leave IC and want to enter Cyrodii again, then you'll have to wait if it becomes pop-pocked while you're being a sewer rat all day.

That right there would fix most of the pop-locked server issues, make Cyrodiil populations valid for things like underdog buffs, as well as ensuring that there are plenty of actual players interested in the campaign and the map, as opposed to people who just want to spend the day in IC playing in the sewers.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think more campaigns wh=ould be nice, i dont know how many other platform/servers have, but xbox EU has 4

non vet
    non CP
    haderous
    scourge
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS4 NA we definitely need another 30 day CP enabled campaign, Scourge is way over populated with DC who insist on making it their farm server.
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 6, 2016 1:48PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Guys

Lag. Lag, and MORE LAG. I am suffering with my terrible internet and the ability to access ANY PVP maps with horrible lag. It can get really frustrating, especially if you are playing with your mates and you have to kill the group by moving them to another map, or worse coming out because you can't play.

Recently the Lag has got to a point where I am not able to move, being kicked from servers continuously and the whole game of ESO freezing, so I have to close it down through PS Options.

Do you think PVP should have more capigns added? I don't care about the fancy champion point options or not, I just want a regular PVP map that I can resort to if the other 4 are overloaded.

On top of that how many players are in a campaign that is Full? Seriously its not full its OVERLOADED. It needs to be limited to how many players can be in that map on each faction. Full Campaigns are like a cake that has too much jam spread inside and is just coming out over the sides making a mess everywhere. We need to think of a way to reduce lag for PVP players, and did I tell you guys about that awesome glitch where you fall into the floor and freeze? its great having the cyrodiil loading screen in the middle of you fighting someone only to come back and oh look your dead.

End of rant. What do you guys think?

wait, are you sure it is not mainly caused by your " terrible internet"?
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get lag on high demanding games for internet just ESO, I play SWTOR on PC and GTA on PS4.

PS4 - EU

• Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    personally i think campaigns should have a max pop of 80 to relieve lag and keep imperial city seperate.

Let me note first of all, that I am not in any way doing much PvP.. I do have to note though, that 80 seems like a real bad number.. Should it not be divideable by 3.? Since we have 3 alliances..
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »
    Some of us have been asking for ZOS to bring back Thornblade for PC.

A lot of memories from that campaign.

Us EU PvPers asked for Chillrend on PS4 EU to come back also. But PS4 NA has more campaings then EU.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a PVE version of Cyro and IC (with no PVP at all). Pretty sure it will alleviate the amount of players on each server that just log on them to do exploration.
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In short, yes.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Serjustin19 i meant 80 on each alliance, currently its 100 or 120, no one really knows pop cap...

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    but yes, definitelly more campaign would be nice!
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    We need a PVE version of Cyro and IC (with no PVP at all). Pretty sure it will alleviate the amount of players on each server that just log on them to do exploration.

LOL, then it wouldn't be PVP!