Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unsure what to do now, champ 150

PapaGhosty
PapaGhosty
✭✭
I usually just log on to do writs and a silver pledge + random normal. I'm about halfway through my silver zone. My plan was to wait until champ 160 to start doing DLC. What would you focus on? I don't seem much point to finishing Silver/Gold zones as the XP I'm getting is very slight. Craglorn is too punishing to run solo. I don't think I can handle vet dungeons yet? Tips? Please?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go to Wrothgar and run through the public dungeons and maybe normal Maelstrom, you'll be 160 in no time.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PapaGhosty wrote: »
    I usually just log on to do writs and a silver pledge + random normal. I'm about halfway through my silver zone. My plan was to wait until champ 160 to start doing DLC. What would you focus on? I don't seem much point to finishing Silver/Gold zones as the XP I'm getting is very slight. Craglorn is too punishing to run solo. I don't think I can handle vet dungeons yet? Tips? Please?

Good news: Craglorn's set to be more solo friendly in the coming weeks. Perfect timing for my new toon.

The CP system is purposely designed to be an uphill slider, which means the closer you get to the cap, the longer it takes to get there.

Dungeons are pretty much the only way you're going to get more xp than quests. Even if you wait until 160 to start the DLC, the xp will be negligible since it scales.

I know it's not much, but the 10% exp gain buffs can make questing a bit tolerable.

Other than that, it's pretty much a grindfest from here on out.

Just ask any of those 500+ CP warriors out there. :wink:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PapaGhosty wrote: »
    I don't seem much point to finishing Silver/Gold zones as the XP I'm getting is very slight.

Your overleveled for Silver, so the Mobs are not going to give up much Exp. But, the Quests are still full fat for exp, so at least do the Main Quests for each zone. Plus, the World Bosses give a nice chunk the first time you kill them. So does the first time clearing a Public Dungeon and all the Bosses. And, the side quests are nothing to sneeze at Exp wise. If your just grinding on mobs in Silver, your not going to get anywhere.

All 6 of the Gold Zones are full fat Mobs, so you have all them to grind on, but don't forget the quests.

I gained 30 to 40 champ points (when they cost me 720K to 750K, so about 3 times yours) just doing the MQs for each zone. Now I go back and do side quests and World Bosses and the like for some nice Exp.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nephimana
    Nephimana
    ✭✭✭
    Do Vet dungeons! It does sound hard, but I was doing them at vet 4 when that was a thing while it was v16 and it's not that hard. Just watch the YouTube clip for tips, and they're quite easy if everyone does their bit and I'm not at all in any way a skilled player. Veteran dungeons give good experience, good loot and monster sets to get stronger. I gain heaps of cp doing ones I haven't done before.
    Edited by Nephimana on September 4, 2016 2:06PM
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    You're overlevelled for silver so for now I'd say either go to the last few zones of gold or a dlc area. When one tamriel is here all zones will be scaled so you can go back to silver.
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Go to Wrothgar and run through the public dungeons and maybe normal Maelstrom, you'll be 160 in no time.

Honestly, just do wrothgar and knock out your daily random dungeon bonus. You are over thinking it.
  • PapaGhosty
    PapaGhosty
    ✭✭
    Got to C167! Now my gear is trash, ha. Actually tried a bit of PvP and leveled up fairly quickly in IC. Sticking with dungeons and wrapping up some Thieves guild until my Silver scales and becomes worthwhile.