Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Psijic Ambrosia/ training gear

Da_Nutz
Da_Nutz
Hi,
I've heard this is a must to level up quickly but seems is extremely hard to get the 7 parts and materials. Is anyone here able to craft this and willing to sell? If so please contact me.
I'm also trying to get training gear. If anyone has any researched they can sell me it would be great. Ideally a bow and there is some armour I've not been able to find already with training to research with.
I have a few researched but no training gems to craft with so also interested in that if you have excess gems.
I'm starting out so fear the prices will be way beyond what a noob can muster (which is ironic given only noobs need training stuff!) but hey, it is what it is.
Would be great if someone wouldn't mind getting in touch with me :-)
Cheers
Da nutz
Ps4 - EU - DC
  • Sludge04
    Sludge04
    ✭✭
    Add me MojoRisin29, I won't be on properly until around Sunday night but I'll craft you some training gear if someone hasn't already. The Ambrosia doesn't go for that much on Guild Stores, you can pick them up for around 5k each. What I would do for now is loot everything and sell it, don't worry about putting points into crafting yet, build your character around spells and weapons, use points on the passives when unlocked and let other people craft you low end gear (like me) until you've settled on a build.

If you have access to a guild bank, more often than not they are filled with trait gems.
  • Da_Nutz
    Da_Nutz
    Thanks for such a quick and helpful response :-)
    I'm feeling like a bit of a muppet as can't see option to send pm on this, but will add you later on psn.
    5k. Not the best news as will take ages to get but considering the effort on the crafters part getting the stuff I understand.
    Just wondering when searching guild stores if you or anyone knows, what drop down to select for training gems as could only find one for soul gems. I'm guessing there must be a potions one and just filter from highest price down to fibd the ambrosia?
    Cheers
  • Sludge04
    Sludge04
    ✭✭
    Da_Nutz wrote: »
    Thanks for such a quick and helpful response :-)
    I'm feeling like a bit of a muppet as can't see option to send pm on this, but will add you later on psn.
    5k. Not the best news as will take ages to get but considering the effort on the crafters part getting the stuff I understand.
    Just wondering when searching guild stores if you or anyone knows, what drop down to select for training gems as could only find one for soul gems. I'm guessing there must be a potions one and just filter from highest price down to fibd the ambrosia?
    Cheers

It's alright, I'm new here too. If you want to get your hands on the raw material for Ambrosia (Perfect Roe) then take to the rivers and ponds and fish until your hearts content, once you get around anywhere between 40-100 fish, open up your inventory and press 'X' This will turn your caught fish (Salmon, Spadetail or whatever) into just fish which you use for recipes, every once in a while you will get Perfect Roe which sells for around 12-18K for some odd reason.
  • Da_Nutz
    Da_Nutz
    Thanks for response. I'll stick with EU server and hope to bump into people grinding when I am on
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    I've heard this is a must to level up quickly but seems is extremely hard to get the 7 parts and materials. Is anyone here able to craft this and willing to sell? If so please contact me.
    I'm also trying to get training gear. If anyone has any researched they can sell me it would be great. Ideally a bow and there is some armour I've not been able to find already with training to research with.
    I have a few researched but no training gems to craft with so also interested in that if you have excess gems.
    I'm starting out so fear the prices will be way beyond what a noob can muster (which is ironic given only noobs need training stuff!) but hey, it is what it is.
    Would be great if someone wouldn't mind getting in touch with me :-)
    Cheers
    Da nutz
    Ps4 - EU - DC

EU :(

Otherwise I would list some gems in my trader for reasonable prices. I usually don't bother because they don't move. That and normal style mats.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Da_Nutz
    Da_Nutz
    Damn. Can we trade via in game messages across servers?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't do anything across servers, not even mail/message or even share crown purchases on your own account.

Sludge04 wrote: »
    This will turn your caught fish (Salmon, Spadetail or whatever) into just fish which you use for recipes, every once in a while you will get Perfect Roe which sells for around 12-18K for some odd reason.
    The "odd reason" is because it is a rare drop and will often take more than 100 fish caught. Plus it is the reason Psijic Ambrosia is the cost it is as it is the expensive ingredient for it. However, on NA-PC Perfect Roe tends to sell for 10k-12k and the Ambrosias for around 3k-4k (most crafters that make it have put the skill points in to make several at a time).
    *wonders which server sells perfect roe for 18k*

If you were to catch perfect roe yourself from your fish filleting endeavor, you can probably negotiate a fair deal for some ambrosias for yourself. The recipe itself is usually 50k-60k though, so don't go that route initially.

And you'll want the skill point crafting passive that makes drinks last longer before guzzling it every 30 minutes.

Edited by Tevalaur on September 1, 2016 4:26PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Da_Nutz
    Da_Nutz
    Thanks. Will look for that passive when log on tonight. There's so many things to be working on and looking out for that I expect this game to keep me occupied for a while! :-)
  • Da_Nutz
    Da_Nutz
    Hi, just thought would reach out again to see if someone would be prepared to help me with training gear to wear and also to research with so can build more as I increase in levels when current ones are too low level?
    I know can't discuss terms here but happy to provide what I have got and maybe I have some things you are looking for or I'll just pay going rate. Whilst I'm low level I've got 8 characters all holding various things in case I needed them later on in game and have things for crafting way beyond my current level so I might have things of use to you.
    Cheers
    Da Nutz
    Ps4 EU DC
    Edited by Da_Nutz on September 5, 2016 9:19AM
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    It is a shame. I am on PS4 but play on NA.

I have all training traits learned on armour and some on weapons too. These days I seem to spend most of my money on Emeralds to build new sets as I outgrow them.

It would be nice to pass on the training sets I am done with but having used them they are bound and I don't think I can even give them away.

My best hope eventually is once my crafter has mastered extraction, I could deconstruct the gear and hope to get a high proportion of the emeralds back. Then I can use those to craft new unbound gear. I have 12 charactars with 11 training to level 50 so I won't be done with the sets any time soon.

I do maximise the gear handing it down from alt to alt as each one outgrows it. This means I am only creating new sets for my highest level under level 50 alt (who is also my crafter).
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Da_Nutz
    Da_Nutz
    Thanks for response and tip about handing the gear between alts. As my playing time is limited I doubt will be able to level them as well as mine but once get hang of game may look at that. For the mo they are just levelled high enough for prov, wood and blacksmith hirelings to get me 21 emails a day with stuff. If can level them easily might make them specific crafters down the road.
    Since my last message a guild I'm part of has invited me to a chat group and people have offered to help so things are looking up now :-)