Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning player has question about guild traders

john.economoub14_ESO
Literally most everything about the game has changed since I last played which was for just 3 months at launch. Among the many things, the addition of guild traders is new to me. My understanding is that every guild trader in the game has different items. So how then do you know where to shop for the best prices? Do I need to literally visit every trader in the game? Are there any locations that typically have larger selections or better prices regardless of the server I'm on?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild Traders are just as the name suggests traders that carry whatever the members of that guild have put up for sale.
    So yes, they all have different inventory.

There is no way to know what a trader has until you looked.
    However, many guilds try to get the same trader each week, so once you found a guild with a selection of items you are interested in, you can come back to the guild trader (provided the guild didn't lose their bid).

You will find that the huge trading guilds have taken over the traders in each of the factions main cities. Those large guilds generally have more items but they also tend to be more expensive. I generally try to avoid them.

Smaller guilds will have better prices but are in more remote locations since they can't afford to bid on the more central traders each week.
    bye1.gif
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    If you are looking for the largest selection of goods at the cheapest prices check the major cities first. The large trading guild have close to 500 members all selling items. It creates in guild competition and drives the prices down.

If you have some patience, going around to all the traders not in cities can get you some really good deals, but sometimes you won't find the item you were looking for. Small guilds have a smaller amount of members which means they have smaller stores, and a smaller chance to find the specific item you're seeking. They also tend to have members not familiar with the going rates of items, which is why you can sometimes get good deals.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also tend to have members not familiar with the going rates of items, which is why you can sometimes get good deals.
    Or sometimes they *do* know the market value of items but choose to sell cheaper to attract repeating customers and move stock faster.
    shades.gif
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Visit Rawl'kha in Reaper's March - good selection there, right next to the wayshrine! ;)

The guild store system is basically the same as when you left, except now guilds can blind-bid on traders each week, which if won, makes the guild store available to the public to buy from at that trader. So you still need to be in a guild to get listing access to the store, but if the guild gets a trader, everyone can buy from it. The UI is nearly unchanged from launch - there are some good addons that can help with that, though nothing is able to search more than a single trader at a time.
  • drwookieb14_ESO
    I am also a returning player that doesn't remember this guild trading system at the beginning (though I'm sure it was there). I looked through the inventory of my first trader last night and they had what I needed, but in a stack of 50 (I wanted 3).

Are you unable to purchase only 1 or 2 of an item from a seller? Can you only purchase the stacks they have listed? I couldn't figure out a way to only buy a couple. They had like 3 stacks of what I wanted (a reagent), but all 3 stacks were 50 or more.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also a returning player that doesn't remember this guild trading system at the beginning (though I'm sure it was there). I looked through the inventory of my first trader last night and they had what I needed, but in a stack of 50 (I wanted 3).

Are you unable to purchase only 1 or 2 of an item from a seller? Can you only purchase the stacks they have listed? I couldn't figure out a way to only buy a couple. They had like 3 stacks of what I wanted (a reagent), but all 3 stacks were 50 or more.
    You have to buy, or not, the total quantity they have listed.
  • drwookieb14_ESO
    smacx250 wrote: »

You have to buy, or not, the total quantity they have listed.

That's unfortunate for both the seller and buyer IMO

Is there a way to put in a "request" at a guild trader? Like say I only want 10 of X I can put in "I want 10 of X and will pay Y" and the next time someone in the guild with that item checks the trader they can fulfill my order?
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there is no way to put up requests for items - though it has been asked for many times (particularly for crafted items). You have the @name of the seller - you could send them mail. However, unless it is a particularly rare item, you are likely to be able to get it quicker by looking at some other traders. The guild traders are shown on the maps, so you can see where they are most convenient to get to (namely, near wayshrines).
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do yourself a favor. Do some research. I am on PS4 NA DC and I have 3 guilds that are outstanding, you can donate if you want. They even keep track of who is selling and donating and you get kick backs.

A friend of mine won the million gold lottery. I won the 50/50 and got another 100K. So they do give back to their members. Also, when say say each channel for certain things, join them!! I was in with like 15 people the other day just PvEing around. We were traveling all over the place to help each other out.

There are toxic guilds and ones that are primarily there to make the guild master money, but not all are. This is just my personal experience.

Wayrest is always packed for me. Wrothgar as well, the traders are close together so its easier to jump back and forth to look for things. Also check your own guild store, I buy stuff off my guild members all the time.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's true, joining good guilds makes trading etc way way easier
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • drwookieb14_ESO
    Thanks. I like the idea of the guild trader system (rich guilds controlling the better positioned merchants etc...), just wish the interface/options were a little more fleshed out. It seems crazy for reagents that you have to purchase exactly the amount listed.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I like the idea of the guild trader system (rich guilds controlling the better positioned merchants etc...), just wish the interface/options were a little more fleshed out. It seems crazy for reagents that you have to purchase exactly the amount listed.

50 Reagents make a Stack of Potions, so that is why you see Qty's like that.

I frequently find small qtys of crafting mats being sold. Also, it is good to proactively shop. There is a Kiosk near most Wayhrines in the game, or, another way of stating it, most of the out of the way Kiosks are near Wayshrines. As you travel around, hit each Kiosk Trader you see and just list the entire inventory. Buy the 1's and 2's of each item at the beginning of the list you think you might want or need, then you have them.

However, for 3 items, for a Writ, right? Just go farm them, it is a lot faster.

If your on PC, the addon Awesome Guild Store makes Kiosk Farming a lot easier. If your on the consoles, I feel your pain.

However if you are on the consoles, then you now have Text Chat so you can ask in Zone to buy something, and that might be easier to get small qtys.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• drwookieb14_ESO
    Ya it was for a writ. I was about to go to bed so I couldn't be bothered to farm. It was just frustrating to see over 150 of the item I needed and unable to buy it because they were in large stacks. :( I'll get used to it.
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have stacks of mats to sell, more like half stacks or small groups of ten etc. I'm finding they get snapped up very quickly, I assume by people only needing a few items to do a writ or something. I also find even the low level runes sell well.

So stick with it, there is a market for low end stuff
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • john.economoub14_ESO
    Visit Rawl'kha in Reaper's March - good selection there, right next to the wayshrine! ;)

The guild store system is basically the same as when you left,

There were no guild traders when I left. Everything was sold via chat. it was crazy.

• smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The guild store system is basically the same as when you left,

There were no guild traders when I left. Everything was sold via chat. it was crazy.
    Yeah, I was around then too (unless you left before PC launch). But even then they still had guilds with stores, but it was only trading between guild members. That is still the same. Except they added the traders that allows the guild store to be bought from publicly - for a price! At launch the only way to sell or buy outside a guild was by spamming zone (which still works)l