Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Provisioning writs screwed up for everyone?

Kinare
Kinare
✭✭
Half of the time I get assigned 2 recipes I don't know or, like today, 1 recipe I do know but the other I don't. Of 5 attempts to do the provisioning writ in the last 2 weeks, only once have I been assigned 2 recipes that I knew. Abandoning the quest and getting it again doesn't help like one person told me to try.

Now, this wouldn't be such a problem if people had the recipes for sale and for a fair price, but so far that has not been the case. The game also likes to keep dropping the same recipes over and over again, rather than give me new ones. Somewhat luckily for me, my buddy is kind enough to give me recipes he finds and he just learns the ones I already know since I'm taking care of the provisioning for the both of us, but even with two people's effort I'm still missing a ton because there's an insane amount of recipes out there. ><

Anyone else have this issue? If not, what can I do? If so, please fix this ZOS...
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are they not at the Vendor?
    Provisioning Update
    Vendors now sell recipes used in Provisioning Writs, which will ensure provisioners are able to reasonably complete any Provisioning Writ received.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anywhere there is a cooking fire (indoors at least) there is usually a cook or chef and they sell recipes, usually the ones required for that area/level are there. Alternatively they are sold by guild traders.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just checked for another person on Reddit.

The Brewer/Chef Recipe list is tied to your Recipe Improvement passive regardless of location.

So they should have the ones you need for that writ you are receiving.

EDIT: You may be correct about not finding the recipes needed. I just pulled a 6/6 Writ from Orsinium and it wants CP150 Food/Drink that I don't know the recipe for. And I just checked everywhere and the Chef/Brewer are only selling me CP10-40 and CP50-90 recipes. I found some threads from back when this started and reffed the issue.

The Food/Drinks are at Character level.
    Edited by SpAEkus on September 2, 2016 5:33AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're lucky they are for sale now. In the early days you just had to find the recipes.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly @Kinare its already been fixed, you can buy then now from the chef / brewer. Historically there were some rare recipes even for the low writs which had people stuck for months. There are tonnes of recipes out there BUT only 6 in each Tier of Writ rotation. 3 food, 3 drink. All available from chef / brewer (Top Tier with Orsinium may have a challenge)

Before you put another point in the craft check you have the next tired recipes. I'll post again with a thread with all the info on it, will take the mystery out of it. Also try all the stores, normally recipes sell for 99 gold now. Rare ones used to be 10-20k but since ZOS fixed provisioning writs to make it easy market has collapsed.

ALSO you can buy the food item, you don't have to bake it. Again.check the stores.

What level, prov tier and region & operating system are you? EU Xbox I could help.
    Edited by Beardimus on September 2, 2016 9:49AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Kinare
    Kinare
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Thanks a lot for this info and the responses. I feel lost since coming back after the beta... So many changes to get used to when just trying to remember what the game used to be like can be difficult at times. ><

My only complaint now is that I wish the recipes didn't cost 1k gold to buy from the chefs... Oh well.
    Edited by Kinare on September 2, 2016 1:23PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can search guild stores.I see a lot of green recipes being sold there for a few dozen gold each. Probably the ones needed for the writs can be found among them. I put a lot of them to fill the slots when I don't have anything else to sell for really low prices 30-50 gold, not for profit, just to share with other players.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironically, your best source of recipes for Writs are the Writ Containers you get for turning one in.

Just buy the completed food or drink from a guild store, or ask in zone chat and buy a 12 stack. Soon you will have the recipe yourself.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor

Do you remember if they were ever supposed to add the CP100-CP150 recipes to the vendors for writs?

I can't remember if they made some statement about those not being critical to leveling or some other rationale?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SpAEkus

I don't know myself if they were supposed to be added. I thought my character could buy them (CP160) but maybe not. I will have to check in the game.

However, these top tier writ recipes sell for about 20 gold or less on the guild traders since the market is flooded. Even on Alts that don't know any recipes, they know these. I don't even list in the stores but Vendor or even destroy them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Kinare no worries, and yeah just like Asardes said try the traders. I used to farm recipes to sell the rares for more BUT with the change they lost value. I put them all on for 99g now so yeah try the traders. And search the food items too, as you don't need to have baked them.

Also if you feel lost try to find good guilds. I never wanted guild help beyond a real life mates guild I run. bUT I joined a couple just to trade / have a guild trader and it really changed things for me and got me Into PvP etc and loads more

If ur Xbox eu happy to hepp out, send some recipe etc
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that;s why I only quoted the Patch Note until I checked myself, no CP100 or CP150 Recipes in my Chef/Brewers.
  • Kinare
    Kinare
    ✭✭
    Aye, I have tried traders and haven't been able to find them and there's just so many to look through that I can't justify doing so more than once a week. xD
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chefs and brewers only offer recipes within two levels of your recipe improvement passives (the current level, and the one before it). The exception being the last tier which have to be found, earned (writ reward), or from other players.

Often my trade guild sells green recipes between 12 and 50g each.

Now that my main trader (Akaviri Exports) is in Orsinium, I'll try to stock at least 10 top tier recipes to help out my fellow crafters.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinare wrote: »
    Aye, I have tried traders and haven't been able to find them and there's just so many to look through that I can't justify doing so more than once a week. xD

Hmmm.... I thought that they covered all of this when Orsinium came out (except for the Orsinium writs) with the chef/brewer thing. I've been vendoring all of the Green recipes except for the Orsinium Writ ones which I keep in one of the guild stores (Ramzasa) at the Hollow City and the occasional <L50 Writ recipe if I get one (usually RI4 or RI5). It bugs me that rather than taking the writ recipes out of rotation they simply delete them out of the provisioner bag (at least I assume that's what they've done).
    Edited by Woolenthreads on September 4, 2016 11:34PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread