Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Summon sorc solo

Ardelli
Ardelli
Im back with another class guestion. Atm got 3x lvl stamblade, which is nice but once again im bored of playing him.

Ive got 13lvl sorc, which was my first char. Thinking about playing it again. Im solo player so im wondering if summon sorc would be the best option for me. I also have mag templar but thats too boring to play.

So my guestion is, are summon sorcs good in solo pve? Or would some other build be better thinking about survivability?

Best Answers

• Ardelli
    Ardelli
    Never mind I think ill continue with my nb
    Answer ✓
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardelli wrote: »
    Im back with another class guestion. Atm got 3x lvl stamblade, which is nice but once again im bored of playing him.

Ive got 13lvl sorc, which was my first char. Thinking about playing it again. Im solo player so im wondering if summon sorc would be the best option for me. I also have mag templar but thats too boring to play.

So my guestion is, are summon sorcs good in solo pve? Or would some other build be better thinking about survivability?

Summoner Sorc is very strong in PvE, understand that because you are using pets they only scale with Spell Critical chance, Max Magic, and a more recent change: your resistance. They do not benefit from spell damage nor end game champion system.

They do take advantage of debuffs on targets and non target/AoE based heals and buffs.

There are sets in the game such as Trinimac's Valor, Necropotence, Maw of the Infernal (gives you another pet), and Gossamer which does help them.

When playing you want to keep them warded with barriers, such as Conjure Ward which also only scales with Max Magic.
    Daedric Prey is useful for burning single targets down, if they are not focuses on that target use the (default:[Y]) pet command + Left_Click to get them to ignore other targets.

You will not be dealing a lot of damage (my one guy is a Sorc pet build and the DPS is 20K average, with bursts), however, he is very tanky and easy to manage large group encounters in veteran dungeons and trials.

I can also off heal with the Winged Twilight for 17K crits for 2 allies (tops), if you choose to go more so for the healing side.

pONgjvr.jpg

Really you can make anything work in this game, you just have to find what complements a playstyle the most and get experience with it.
    Edited by SirMewser on September 3, 2016 6:16PM
    Answer ✓
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are a very good solo PVE class but if you ever wanna PVP you might have a bad time
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    Sorcs are a very good solo PVE class but if you ever wanna PVP you might will have a bad time

Fixed that for you :( *sigh

• Ardelli
    Ardelli
    SirMewser wrote: »
    Ardelli wrote: »

Summoner Sorc is very strong in PvE, understand that because you are using pets they only scale with Spell Critical chance, Max Magic, and a more recent change: your resistance. They do not benefit from spell damage nor end game champion system.

They do take advantage of debuffs on targets and non target/AoE based heals and buffs.

There are sets in the game such as Trinimac's Valor, Necropotence, Maw of the Infernal (gives you another pet), and Gossamer which does help them.

When playing you want to keep them warded with barriers, such as Conjure Ward which also only scales with Max Magic.
    Daedric Prey is useful for burning single targets down, if they are not focuses on that target use the (default:[Y]) pet command + Left_Click to get them to ignore other targets.

You will not be dealing a lot of damage (my one guy is a Sorc pet build and the DPS is 20K average, with bursts), however, he is very tanky and easy to manage large group encounters in veteran dungeons and trials.

I can also off heal with the Winged Twilight for 17K crits for 2 allies (tops), if you choose to go more so for the healing side.

pONgjvr.jpg

Really you can make anything work in this game, you just have to find what complements a playstyle the most and get experience with it.

Thanks. I think ill give my sorc one more chance :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I didn't realize that spell damage didn't factor into it. I guess the summoner sorc that I'm leveling is going to be using the Mage as her mundus stone!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Hmm, I didn't realize that spell damage didn't factor into it. I guess the summoner sorc that I'm leveling is going to be using the Mage as her mundus stone!
    Good choice.
    That is the biggest problem with Pets for people, they don't know what numbers are actually helping them. An alternative is the thief as it does improve spell critical chance as pets will perform critical strikes more frequently (I also prefered the mage and maintained a decent 50% crit chance, too much crit will start pulling numbers out of other resources).

Here are some interesting non-class skills for pets:
    • Reviving Barrier [Morph of Barrier from Alliance War/Support line]: Casts a really strong barrier on nearby allies for 30 seconds, which restores 6 ultimate and magic whenever an allies ward expires, in 4 man group dungeon, you can reach the 6 player cap on this skill, totalling to 36 ultimate and an additional 1K magic.
    • Ward Ally [Morph of Steadfast Ward from Restoration staff line]: Works on pets in solo.
    • You can passively increase your pets damage with Combat Prayer [Morph of Blessing of Protection from Resto], any source of Major Breach (example: Weakness to Elements [From Destro]), Major Fracture (only fortifies the Clannfear's and Daedroth's normal attack, tanks carry this so don't worry about having it unless you're tank).
    • Enchanting your weapon with a CP160 purple glyph of Crushing increases all the pet's damage by an additional ~3.6%, this is ~5.4% critically or with Daedric prey, ~7.2% with Daedric Prey and Critically striking.
    • Trinimac's Valor set [5th piece found in Orsinium]: 20% chance when you cast a Damage Shield on an ally to call down a fragment of Trinimac that heals allies and damages enemies in the area for 3667. Can only occur once every 3 seconds. So this proc rate increases by 20% per pet active while using the Sorcerer's Conjured Ward theoretically (it's more like, 20% chance on each pet and not an additive effect).
    • Energy Orb [Morph of Necrotic Orb from Undaunted]: This ability creates an orb that travels forward, channeling anything in range with a heal for 10 seconds. Has a synergy that restores magic to everyone who is close to it, the fun thing is, the synergy becomes more potent based on the number of allies healed prior to being activated. With pets, you can increase the bonus by 50% in 4 player dungeons at the least.
    • Gossamer set [5th piece found in Cradle of Shadows]: Has a chance when healing an ally to grant them major evasion for 6 seconds, this works on pets nicely with Energy Orb.
    • Non-sorc pets such as Morkuldin and Maw of the Infernal (Daedroth) that come from sets: benefit from Daedric Prey.
    • When you unlock the champion point system, using any points into the mage constellations gives a small bit of max magic. Elemental expert does update the pet's tooltips to say they deal more damage, however, their output performance remains the same, regardless of where else those points would have went (bug). There are 3 exceptions to this:
    1. Bastion [Warrior/Lord]: Increases your barrier abilities strength up to 25%, this is an indirect way to increase your pet's health pool.
    2. Mighty [Mage/Ritual]: Increases the Clannfear's and Daedroth's damage (but not the fire breath).
    3. Blessed [Mage/Apprentice]: Increases the Twilight Matriarch's healing done by a total of 25%.
    Also, the Scamp (Familiar) is a better tank than the Clannfear unless you got a big health pool, the Scamp's stun is very useful and does nice damage.

Hope I put you guys into the right direction, cheers!
    Edited by SirMewser on September 4, 2016 3:58PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Non-sorc pets such as Morkuldin and Maw of the Infernal (Daedroth) that come from sets: benefit from Daedric Prey.
    Oh, awesome I didn't know that! The Maw of the Infernal set is basically the reason why I'm leveling a sorc summoner build. One day I decided it would be awesome to have a clannfear, a twilight, a storm atro, and a daedroth out all at once, so I created this character. Of course, when it came time to morph my familiar I changed my mind about the clannfear and decided to go with a volatile familiar instead - so far I'm happy with the result, as it does pretty decent damage, and the stun is really handy. I don't know why, but it didn't occur to me to try Morkuldin with this build... I could have five summons out at a time! OK, I need to think about that...

Oh, and by the way, this summoner character uses a banekin pet and a mind-shriven horse. Because she's a summoner :D
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)