Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So ive been doing it all wrong.

benjamino613
benjamino613
✭✭
So just figured out that heavy armour is only for tankers, whereas i who play stamtemp on heavy pve would be better with medium. also was wondering why no one seemed to put atribute points into health and they load them all into magicka or stam
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    higher the main stat for the class, higher the damage
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With current game mechanics, damage output scaled with max resource pool as well as weapon damage. So you can think of adding your attributes to stamina (for stamplar) as double dipping. Not only do you get more resources, but you'll be hitting harder.

Medium Armor passives will give weapon damage and stamina recovery, which is why in most cases it's better than heavy armor.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So just figured out that heavy armour is only for tankers, whereas i who play stamtemp on heavy pve would be better with medium. also was wondering why no one seemed to put atribute points into health and they load them all into magicka or stam

I learned this lesson the hard way myself. Who wouldn't think it would be awesome to develop a character we wanted, not what the game expects from the same, tired three classes in every fantasy game.

My first character was a NB focusing heavily on staying alive, not dealing damage. BIG. MISTAKE. I spent more soul gems than I did repair gold because I died. All. The. Time.

I spoke to a few people and they helped me do my best to finish the Gold quest, despite my character being gimped by bad choices.

I respecced and put every single point into stamina, grabbed attributes to boost stamina on my (at least 5) medium armor, and crafted weapons solely to take advantage of replenishing stamina, not health. Like many, I ignored the refresh rates of restoring stamina, and that's not a mistake I'll make again.

The end game was still tough, but much, much better. I actually ended up with a surplus of grand soul gems rather than buying them. :smiley:

My second character was a pure magicka mage who just loved burning things to the ground. Aside from lag deaths and falling off of cliffs in Grahtwood (again), I rarely died.

Which made for an awful boring game.

So now I'm on my third, blending both attributes together for a stamsorc specializing in lightning. I still have a few things to tweak out as I learn, but how I missed getting into the action with my twin blades of death.

It's always a learning game, which is part of the reason I play. I'm not one of these who tracks specs and numbers through a spreadsheet.

I just want to be strong enough to take down a Wispmother without too much trouble, but not too easy, either. I just fought one last night and I think I found that right balance where one wrong move on my part = soul gem spending!
  • Lexifer452
    Lexifer452
    ✭✭
    Sounds like you figured out what you set out to but out of curiosity, have you full leveled any one character beyond 50?
  • benjamino613
    benjamino613
    ✭✭
    i guess i just thought more armour equals more health, what more could you ask for? I am i now left in the awesome position of having reached
    Lvl 50 heavy armour but my medium is far below and ive been leveling
    My blackithing all this time whereas for me i should have focused in crafting leather. Hmm. Besides the fact i just
    Like the look of heavy more than med.

Just to be clear i seem to be right in assuming that for a stam player who doesnt like to Tank at all i would be far better off with medium armor and putting my points into stam not health?

• Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    -snip-Just to be clear i seem to be right in assuming that for a stam player who doesnt like to Tank at all i would be far better off with medium armor and putting my points into stam not health?

This is a correct assumption. Just be aware though that unless you have godlike powers for avoiding all damage, at CP160 you should aim for about 20k health when fully buffed (food, set bonuses, skills). This is to avoid being one-shot by some of the more powerful attacks in the game. How you reach this figure doesn't matter, any combination of attributes, food, skills, enchants etc. will do the trick.
  • benjamino613
    benjamino613
    ✭✭
    Elephant42 wrote: »
    -snip-Just to be clear i seem to be right in assuming that for a stam player who doesnt like to Tank at all i would be far better off with medium armor and putting my points into stam not health?

This is a correct assumption. Just be aware though that unless you have godlike powers for avoiding all damage, at CP160 you should aim for about 20k health when fully buffed (food, set bonuses, skills). This is to avoid being one-shot by some of the more powerful attacks in the game. How you reach this figure doesn't matter, any combination of attributes, food, skills, enchants etc. will do the trick.

Well i better get back the drawing board then haha. Thanks for all the help everyone. Just when i thought i was getting the hang of this damn game lol.