The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Getting beat up by mag dks HELP!

BruhItsOver9000
BruhItsOver9000
✭✭✭✭✭
How do i win against a mag dk in a 1v1 as a stam nightblade. I'm wearing 6 impen, 47 points into crit resist and have 24k health, but i'm still getting hit hard. I have purple gear with gold weapons
weapons. My stamina drains quick when i fight them, i have 2k stam recovery. Please give me tips on how to win against one.

WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use immovable pots and cc him when u can
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When fighting mag dk you will be perma rooted when in melee and reflected all ranged, so good option is to crit rush, dizzy swing, roll out with eternal hunt set, rally/vigor if needed, and again crit rush, dizzy and so on...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    Dk's perma root was the main reason I started using rearming trap (I used it before it was cool, now it's mainstream), it is great vs them cause they lack mobility and become uncomfortable when they have to dodge roll a lot. o:)
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abob wrote: »
    Dk's perma root was the main reason I started using rearming trap (I used it before it was cool, now it's mainstream), it is great vs them cause they lack mobility and become uncomfortable when they have to dodge roll a lot. o:)

A good mDK is just gonna use mist form so the root won't matter.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walk away if you need to. You're fighting a spec that has been built to be tanky. They should have low burst and no execute, though, so rally, vigor, dodge roll will out heal their damage. mDKs lack a burst heal, so fear+incap strike+exec hits hard.

You're playing the strongest PvP spec against the weakest.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put at least 50 points into elemental defender. I think you have too much in the crit resist constellation. 27-30 is where I like to be for crit resist.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    they're still my toughest opponents 1v1 and honestly i lose to them more than any other class, consistently, even with all the different 'meta' set ups. i know they're not supposed to be good but let's face it the cc roots dot damage off-balance-can't-switch-weapons is a lot to handle and they're good at forcing the fight into a melee range. ergo control yourself: in, out, in, out. pull a sugar ray leonard on them. i like flying blade or crossbow to force them to throw up wings and then immediately burst: ambush surprise cc ultimate, then back out of melee range using the crossbow or flying blade, keeping up vigor, shade, rally, etc.

heal debuffs and resistance debuffs are your friends.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »
    Put at least 50 points into elemental defender. I think you have too much in the crit resist constellation. 27-30 is where I like to be for crit resist.

This ^

Also thick skinned cos they do like to stack dots.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on August 31, 2016 9:52PM
    PC | EU
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kite, fear, incap, Surpise Attack, kite, kite, fear incap Suprise Attack. They need to be right on you for Talons to root, so if you can get a Draining Shot off on them while wings are down you will have the gap necessary to kite and then they must either go defensive or massively drain resources trying to catch you.

Mag DK can be really nasty if they get right up on you, but they lack any strong healing and mobility which leaves them to only cast wings and play defensive if you keep your distance. So you only want to close when their CC immunity is down, then apply burst, and if they aren't in execute or dead, get out of dodge.

As a NB you don't want to fight any DK's(stam or mag) straight up face to face, you want to burst, disappear, burst.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try to watch out for magma shell. I usually save mine for when nightblades try to gank me. You aren't going to kill them for 10 seconds when they use it. It's a hard animation to see but you will notice you hits are capped at 2k. Just play some defense till it runs out. I honestly don't know if other mDKs use this ulti though.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never know what race or class has killed me in PVP - usually happens way too fast for me to see :(
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been a recent revival of ranged mag DKs, so if you run across a destro wielding heavy attacker? Just run if they manage to hit you, you will most likely die. I've seen a 25k hit from a mag DK fire staff heavy attack...redonculous
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if there is anything great about mag dk's, it's their 1v1 potential. chances are, if you encounter a good one, he's fairly serious about both, 1v1 and dk's so keep that in mind. it's not your average fight against someone who copied a build from youtube, spams a certain "rotation" and has no clue about what's actually happening.

that said, know that:
    1) they have much better dps than burst. many rely on skoria procs to create some burst
    2) meteor + fossilize/vampdrain is a very typical combo. always keep extra stamina to break free, block meteor impact and move out of it. it's quite a lot but the combo involves an ultimate and you got enough time to go into stamina-spending mode when you see the meteor circle (good dk's will try to bait break free + dodges to drain your stamina). have a positive stamina balance when the dk does not ult.
    3) do not dodge out of every single talons. it's a net loss if you comparse magicka spent vs damage taken+stamina spend. instead use l/h attacks to reposition yourself, often you can even use heavy attacks to manage your stam. again, not too much burst to fear.
    4) shuffle, vigor and other def skills are key. keep them up, outheal their damage as good as possible. if necessary go on disengage/cloak walks but don't do that too much.
    5) keep an eye on burning embers. the heal is quite large - and functions somewhat similar to rally just that it's a dot on the enemy and not a hot on the player. try to bait an embers recast with some of your attacks and directly afterwards go for your actual attack (e.g. keep incap for your second wind)
    6) finally, keep the pressure up. a magicka dk has one incredibly efficient skill and that is embers if running long enough (plus his resource-giving ultimates). other ways to heal are FAR worse than your vigor. i.e. if you force dragon blood/blessing of prot/whatever they use, you're doing a great job. don't let embers and ultimates be enough to heal themselves.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be super offensive in your strategy, Don't let the DK be offensive or its GG.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    There has been a recent revival of ranged mag DKs, so if you run across a destro wielding heavy attacker? Just run if they manage to hit you, you will most likely die. I've seen a 25k hit from a mag DK fire staff heavy attack...redonculous

@Baconlad heavy attack mDKs are troll builds. They rely on an attack that takes 3 seconds to charge, you can see them winding up, and has a flight time. Y u no dodge? Y u no block? Y u no cc them when they are winding up?
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walk away if you need to. You're fighting a spec that has been built to be tanky. They should have low burst and no execute, though, so rally, vigor, dodge roll will out heal their damage. mDKs lack a burst heal, so fear+incap strike+exec hits hard.

You're playing the strongest PvP spec against the weakest.

Until you meet one that has a full 5/5 sun build. Getting hit by 6k flame lash non crits is painful.
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't ask for advice or tatics here. Just ask for nerfs. That's what everyone does when they get killed by other classes.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »

@Baconlad heavy attack mDKs are troll builds. They rely on an attack that takes 3 seconds to charge, you can see them winding up, and has a flight time. Y u no dodge? Y u no block? Y u no cc them when they are winding up?

It is not the heavy attack... the trick is what comes after the HA.

Usually I charge my HA and immediately a destro reach -> force pulse->LA force pulse. You can dodge roll the first attack and avoid the first round, but sooner or later you will be hit. In the mean time the DK is building insane ulti for the combo Fossilize + shooting star.

Wanna come here with a gap closer? Here's my knock back followed by another round of LA and force pulses...

Seriously, it is the most efficien way a mDK can play right now.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make presure, if you cant make enoguth presure to force him into his heal staff you will lose.

2 golden rules

dont use a bow
    use shuffle
    Edited by BuggeX on September 1, 2016 7:28PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah a heavy attack ranged DK? Hardest hitting attack in cyrodil. And it doesn't even have the travel time of dark flare, hits harder and is free....soo the hurt is coming when I see one of them
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not seeing how a heavy attack mDK is anything but a troll build. In group play, sure it can pick people off. But how do you open world solo PvP with it? You'll never get the heavy attack off when outnumbered.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not seeing how a heavy attack mDK is anything but a troll build. In group play, sure it can pick people off. But how do you open world solo PvP with it? You'll never get the heavy attack off when outnumbered.

They have to act like something is good so dks dont get buffed